Tidbits: Stephanie McMahon, Chavo Guerrero, Gran Metalik, goalkeeper coming to WWE, and more
– Tim Wiese, the former German national team goalkeeper, will be making his pro wrestling debut for WWE next month in his home country as the WWE European tour stops in Munich. Wiese has been training at the WWE Performance Center for the past month and on November 3 he will be teaming up with Cesaro and Sheamus to take on Bo Dallas and the Shining Stars. Wiese said that it’s awesome to make his debut in his country and that he has worked hard for this moment, adding that he can’t wait to step inside a WWE ring with both Sheamus and Cesaro. WWE offered Wiese a contract in late 2014 but he only accepted to travel across the pond in June of this year. WWE is known to give some of its developmental talent their debuts when they visit their countries on tour. Prior to joining WWE, Wiese had a 14-year career in football, or soccer, and played for five different teams in Germany and has six caps for the German national team, even traveling with them to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. (thanks to Colin Vassallo)
– Angel de Oro is going to Ring of Honor on their Midwest tour next week as the latest luchador to work their shows.
– Mascara Dorada aka Gran Metalik said on Twitter on Thursday that he is hoping to work in Mexico some in November as well so it looks like he isn’t going to WWE full-time just yet. (thanks to Kris Zellner)
– Filed to GERWECK.NET: Sean Waltman on how Stephanie McMahon helped Maria Menounos manage her mother’s recent life threatening illness
“One of the things Stephanie said to Maria was, “Listen Maria, you don’t listen to anybody. You listen to you. Do not listen to anybody on this. You’re in charge. Your mother put you in charge for a reason, block out everybody in your brain.” And it was amazing advice which Maria adhered to.”
– Wrestling Revolver “Iowa Goes Lucha” on 10/28 at the Seven Flags Event Center, 2100 NW 100th ST in Clive, IA will feature Chavo Guerrero, Jr., Trevor Lee, Silas Young, DJ Zema, Former WWE developmental talent Sami Callihan and more. Tickets available at ProWrestlingRevolver.com