5/28 WWE house show results from Peoria, IL
1. Enzo & Big Cass beat The Dudley Boys (Bubba Ray & Devon). It was a fun match. Bubba talked to the crowd quite a bit, which made it fun. Enzo and Cass won with the Rocket Launcher.
2. Titus O’Neil beat Viktor. This was an okay match. I’m not really a fan of either. I was keeping myself entertained by the fan behind me who was in shock Viktor still had a job. Also Viktor had red facepaint that reminded me of Kodoma’a from Chikara. Titus won with the Sky High.
3. Goldust beat Tyler Breeze. Neither one of these men were advertised. When Tyler’s music played, the crowd popped a bit. Then, Goldust’s music hit and the crowd popped more. This was more of a comedy match with a kind of funny moment when Goldust atomic-dropped Breeze, who then grabbed himself and in a high voice said I’m okay. Fandango ran out to help, and then Truth came out to even the odds and Goldust won with his corkscrew suplex.
4. The Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) beat Hype Bros. (Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley). The Club came out to a mixed reaction with a lot of people doing the “too sweet” hand gesture. They grabbed a sign that said “The Bullet Club needs Hair Club,” Gallows tore it in half, and Anderson stomped on it. Their opponents were the Hype Bros. who got a reaction, but it wasn’t stellar. To my surprise a “He ain’t hype” chant started. Gallows and Anderson won with the Magic Killer.
5. Sami Zayn beat Kevin Owens. This was weird. The crowd was split between Owens and Zayn. Owens got a pop when he came out, and Zayn got booed. Zayn slapped my hand after the match, which was cool. What can I say, it’s an Owens vs. Zayn match? So, it was amazing. Zayn won with a Helluva kick.
[Intermission – they hyped the autographs.]
6. Apollo Crews beat Sheamus. This was weird because Sheamus’s music hit and the lights went out. The spotlight went on him and Sheamus’s video didn’t start until he was halfway to the ring. His opponent was Apollo Crews, who had barely any reaction. Crews won with a roll-up.
7. Women’s champion Charlotte beat Natalya. This was for the Women’s title, so I knew who the winner would be. Still a fun a match. Charolette won with a roll-up.
8. WWE World Hvt. champion Roman Reigns beat A.J. Styles to retain the WWE World Title. A.J. got a mixed reaction (kids booing and adults cheering), while Reigns even had kids booing him. This was a great back and forth match. Reigns won with a spear. Afterward, Reigns went around ringside slapping hands. I was booing him and he had his hand to his side and extended his middle finger. So, the WWE champion gave me the finger because I booed, so that was interesting.
Overall, this was a very fun show, and I would go back to another one. I was sitting ringside by the entrance, and this was the most fun I have had.