3/4 WWE NXT house show results from Cleveland, OH
* Asuka vs. Emma: Perfect face/heel dynamic here. After about ten minutes, Asuka is declared the winner by ref stoppage due to (legit) injury from a head kick. Emma hit the bottom rope hard and after the ref leaned in to ask her, he immediately called for the bell and threw up the X. A few officials came out and they helped Emma to the back after a couple minutes.
* Vaudevillians vs. Gable and Jordan: Gable and Jordan win after a tremendous 15 minute match. Gable and Jordan are as good as advertised. Vaudevillians did their Nickelodeon entrance from an opera box at the theatre which got a massive pop.
* Nia Jax and Eva Marie vs. a blond and a brunette: Nia is humongous, Eva is hated. They won easily.
* Tye Dillinger vs. Sami Zayn: Zayn over huge. Zayn won an instant squash when Dillinger was screwing around with his ten signs. Dillinger came back and told Zayn to restart the match. The crowd made Dillinger beg for it. Zayn wins the second match with a massive running head kick. Dillinger is all in with his character- he’d be a perfect Social Outcast.
William Regal came out to a massive pop and quickly thanked the crowd.
* Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss: In-ring intros. Alexa worked the left arm and Bayley sold it like crazy even when she was on offense- psychology beyond most men’s pay per view matches. Bayley is insanely over. I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s so pure and legitimate. Zero snark. The cynical hardcore adult fans are just as bought in as the kids. Please Vince, don’t ruin this amazing thing. Bayley won with the Bayley to Belly and celebrated with the fans still selling the arm.
* Dash and Dawson vs. Ciampa and Gargano:MASSIVE pop for Gargano, the hometown boy. He’s ended up with the nickname “Johnny Wrestling” here. Great match, lot of near falls, Dash and Dawson won with their finisher. And ANOTHER legit injury! Ciampa hurt after taking the Shatter Machine. Dash and Dawson initially started to celebrate but the ref spoke to them and they immediately went to the back. Ciampa was prone for a good five minutes with Gargano and several officials around him. He is helped up and walks back with a lot of help. This time, the ring announcer actually acknowledges it.
* Baron Corbin vs. Samoa Joe vs. Apollo Crews vs. Finn Balor: Finn played his entrance very cocky and got in Apollo’s face during his intro. Opening was a bit of a mess with some great spots. The previous injury to Ciampa likely didn’t help. Definitely heated up towards the end, though. Balor retains with the pin on Corbin after hitting the double foot stomp on all three guys simultaneously.
As we were walking out, an ambulance was leaving from the backstage area with lights and sirens on.
Credit: Jon and 411mania.com/wrestling