12/4 WWE house show results from Johnson City, TN
1. Big Show beat The Ascension in a handicap match. For the most part this match was a basic squash match. They both tried roughing up Big Show and failed terribly bad. Big Show won with a double choke slam.
2. The Hype Bros beat Bo Dallas and Adam Rose. Pretty decent match with Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley picking up the win.
3. The Miz beat Fandango. This was actually a dead match for the most part with Miz defeating Fandango. After the match, Miz said he was the best and would challenge anyone in the back.
4. Jack Swagger beat The Miz. Swagger accepted the challenge and beat the Miz in under a minute with the ankle lock submission. Miz once again got on the mic said he was the best and would challenge anyone.
5. Mark Henry beat The Miz. This brought out Mark Henry and Miz said he wasn’t challenging for a match but a dance off. Mark Henry accepted and told Miz to go first, once Miz was done dancing, Mark Henry grabbed a white hat and Michael Jackson glove and began to do the Billie Jean dance until Miz hit him from behind. This resulted in Miz getting the World’s Strongest Slam. Pretty entertaining stuff.
6. Goldust beat Stardust. This match was not scheduled and I was really happy to see it. A lot of back and forth action between the brothers that ended up with Goldust picking up the win.
7. New Day defeated The Dudleys and Lucha Dragons to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. This match was the one I was looking forward to seeing the most. It was action packed and the Dragons are awesome but I wish they would have allowed the Dudleys to get involved more. The New Day retained the titles after Xavier Woods hit Sin Cara with the slide trombone while the ref was distracted. After the match, the Dudleys hit Woods with 3D, which was awesome.
8. Charlotte beat Paige to retain the WWE Divas Championship. This was your basic match with these two. Charlotte retained when Paige tapped to the Figure 8.
9. Roman Reigns beat Sheamus by DQ in WWE World Heavyweight Championship match. Reigns was way over with this crowd. I marked out for him too. I was a mark for him since he was screwed out of the Rumble victory that Batista had. Anyway, Sheamus acted afraid of Reigns and ran from him for the first part of the match. Sheamus gave Reigns a pretty good beat down once the match got underway. Roman was mounting a good comeback until Sheamus went to the outside. When Reigns went after him, Sheamus threw a chair and hit him in the head. Reigns was declared the winner by DQ. After the match, Sheamus walked back in the ring to beat down Reigns. Reigns ducked the Brogue Kick and hit Sheamus with the Superman Punch to send the crowd home happy.
A really good show considering there no John Cena, no Randy Orton, no Seth Rollins, and no Cesaro. I have always loved watching wrestling at Freedom Hall and can’t wait to go back.
Credit: Nathan Anderson and Prowrestling.net