WWE RAW Report – 10/19/15
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with Michael Cole welcoming us.
– We go right to the ring and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin to a big pop. Lilian Garcia does the introduction. Cole hypes Austin’s return and he’s joined by JBL and Byron Saxton.
Austin talks about starting his career in Dallas and facing The Rock here. He gets some “hell yeahs” for WrestleMania 32 and plugs the Brock Lesnar podcast on the WWE Network tonight. Austin says he’s going to introduce a man he’s got a lot of respect for. Austin gets the proper “what?” treatment but works it the right way and introduces The Undertaker, who comes out to another big pop.
Taker takes the mic and addresses Brock Lesnar, saying they have one last battle to fight. Taker calls him son and tells him to listen. Taker says the Gates of Hell will look like the Gates of Heaven compared to where Taker will take Lesnar on Sunday at Hell In a Cell. Brock Lesnar’s music hits and out he comes with Paul Heyman.
Heyman and Lesnar stop on the stage. Heyman speaks and introduces himself. He says Lesnar is going into the Cell to avenge the bad win at SummerSlam and Taker is going in to avenge the fact that Lesnar conquered The Streak. Heyman says Lesnar will get revenge on Sunday and Taker will be forced to learn what it’s like to live or die with a tainted legacy. A legacy of dominance over everyone except Lesnar, the man who took everything from Taker. Fans boo. Taker says that’s where their problem is – because when you take everything from a man, he fights with nothing to lose. Taker has removed his jacket and hat now. He motions for Lesnar to come to the ring but Heyman doesn’t want him to.
Lesnar walks to ringside anyway and they stare each other down. Lesnar hops up on the apron and fans pop. Heyman is screaming at Lesnar to wait. Lesnar backs off the apron and fans boo. Lesnar laughs at Taker as he backs away with Heyman. Taker cuts his own throat as his music hits and the lights go low.
– Still to come, John Cena and The Dudley Boyz vs. The New Day in six-man action. We go to commercial.
John Cena and The Dudley Boyz vs. The New Day
Back from the break and out first comes WWE United States Champion John Cena to a pop. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day are out next with a promo. They say they’re like unicorns because they have brought magic to WWE. They also take shots at the Dallas Cowboys. Bubba Ray Dudley starts off with Kofi Kingston and unloads. Bubba with the splash. Bubba with right hands and a big elbow to drop Kofi. Devon tags in for some double teaming. We go to commercial with The New Day regrouping at ringside.
Back from the break and The New Day has Cena in their corner stomping away. They keep Cena down and tag in & out. Kofi with a 2 count on Cena. Fans chant for Cena but Xavier Woods comes in and keeps control for a 2 count. Big E tags in and nails Cena in the gut before dancing around. Big E catches Cena for a sideslam but dances before dropping him. 2 count by Big E. Big E keeps control and drops Cena with a shoulder for another 2 count. Devon finally gets the hot tag and unloads on Woods.
Kofi comes in but Devon clotheslines him. Devon drops Woods and covers but Big E breaks the pin. Bubba comes in and drops him. They go to the floor and Big E sends Bubba into the ring post. Cena leaps off the top and takes out Big E on the floor. Devon is distracted, allowing Woods to roll him up from behind for the win.
Winners: The New Day
– After the match, The New Day celebrates until Cena and The Dudleyz come back in the ring and attack them. They clear the ring and Cena hits an Attitude Adjustment on Woods while Kofi and Big E look on from the ramp. Devon brings a table in the ring and Cena helps Devon lift Woods into a Bubba Bomb through the table. Cena and The Dudleyz celebrate as we go to replays.
– The announcers say Randy Orton missed the weekend WWE live events in Mexico and he is not at RAW tonight. They hint that the injury could have been done by The Wyatt Family. We see Dean Ambrose backstage talking to Finlay and others as we go to commercial.
– Renee Young is backstage with Dean Ambrose. He says The Wyatt Family did get to Orton and injure him. Ambrose isn’t waiting until Sunday, he wants to fight tonight and nothing will get in his way. He storms off.
Sasha Banks and Naomi vs. Alicia Fox and Nikki Bella
We go to the ring and out comes Team Bella’s Alicia Fox, Brie Bella and Nikki Bella. Team BAD is out next with Sasha Banks, Tamina Snuka and Naomi. Sasha and Alicia start it off going at it with some good back and forth. Sasha takes control. Naomi comes in with a big move in the corner for a 2 count as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Alicia slams Naomi for a 2 count. Nikki comes in for some double teaming and a 2 count. During the break, Nikki took control with an Alabama Slam. Nikki keeps Naomi down now. Naomi fights up but Nikki cuts he off. Naomi with kicks and knees. Nikki drops her with kicks of her own. Nikki with a dropkick on the mat. Nikki chokes Naomi on the rope now. Alicia gets in a cheap shot. Naomi finally turns it around in the corner. Sasha reaches for a tag but Nikki cuts Naomi off. Sasha finally gets the tag and unloads on Nikki.
More back and forth. Brie distracts Naomi. She turns around to a spinebuster from Nikki. Nikki decks Sasha with a cheap shot. Naomi slides out of the Rack Attack. Naomi misses in the corner and smacks her head on the turnbuckle. Nikki with the Rack Attack for the win.
Winners: Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox
– We get a look back at last week’s RAW with Kane and Seth Rollins.
– We see Triple H and Shawn Michaels backstage talking. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see a group of breast cancer survivors in the crowd after they play a “Rise Above Cancer” video for Susan G. Komen.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels to a big pop.
HBK gets another pop as he hits the ring and apologizes to a fan for taking a bite of pizza on the way to the ring and says he was starving. He talks about being inside Hell In a Cell and how he was in the first Hell In a Cell. He jokes he’s been hit in the head a lot and can’t remember who he was in there with and fans remind him it was The Undertaker. HBK says 18 years later, Taker is stepping into the Cell to face Brock Lesnar. He believes this will be the last time. He talks about the other Cell match – Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt.
HBK believes those two matches will tear the house down on Sunday. He’s interrupted by the music of WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins, who makes his way to the ring. They come face to face in the middle of the ring and Rollins asks what the hell Shawn is doing out here. Rollins says HBK was supposed to come out and introduce him for the start of the second hour of RAW. HBK says he was given instructions in the back for 20 years and when he got to the ring, they were gone. So he decided to come out and have fun with the fans until Rollins came out and ruined it. Rollins reminds HBK that his friend Triple H is the boss. Rollins says Taker, Lesnar, Wyatt and Reigns are old news, HBK should be talking about the guy people call Shawn Michaels Version 2. Rollins says he’s a lot better than the original and HBK should be talking about him. HBK says he would be a billionaire if he had a nickel for every guy that was supposed to be the next Shawn Michaels. HBK says it’s funny that Rollins and so many others aspire to be the next HBK. He says it never occurred to him in his career that he wanted to be the second coming of anybody but Rollins is perfectly fine with being HBK 2.0. HBK says he was too busy becoming the greatest wrestler. HBK brings up Kane. Rollins fires back and says he was a fan of Shawn’s since The Rockers but now he think Shawn’s jealous because Rollins had a WrestleMania moment this year that eclipsed all of HBK’s. Rollins says he’s done and yells for his music to be played. It doesn’t start and he starts yelling about being the champ. HBK says when you’re a 2.0, it’s hard to get things like that done but when you’re the original it’s not. HBK reveals Rollins vs. Ryback is up next. He calls for his music to be played and it starts up. HBK dances away to a pop as Rollins looks on upset. We go to commercial.
Ryback vs. Seth Rollins
Back from the break and Seth Rollins waits as Ryback makes his way out to a pop.
Ryback takes control first and they go at it. Rollins fights back but Ryback chops him down. Ryback holds Rollins in the air and drops him with a vertical suplex. Rollins rolls to the floor for a breather as the “feed me more” chants start. Ryback slams Rollins into the apron. Ryback presses Rollins but he slides out and shoves Ryback into the apron, then the steps. Rollins nails a big dive to the floor and brings it back in the ring.
Ryback finally turns it around with a big back body drop. Rollins ends up blocking Shellshocked and hits an enziguri. Ryback with a spinebuster. Ryback readies for the Meathook but Rollins rolls to the apron. Rollins blocks a shot and nails the Pedigree for the win.
Winner: Seth Rollins
– The announcers reveal Dean Ambrose has asked for a handicap match and will get it against Braun Strowman and Luke Harper tonight. Back to commercial.
– We get a look back at Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker earlier.
– We get a replay of special referee Summer Rae helping Dolph Ziggler beat Rusev on SmackDown but then get dissed.
Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro and Neville vs. Rusev, King Barrett and Sheamus
We go to the ring and out comes Ziggler. Cesaro is out next as Ziggler grabs a “Cesaro Section” sign and holds it up. Their partner Neville is out next. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and King Barrett is out first followed by Rusev and then Sheamus. Rusev starts off with Neville and they go at it. Neville starts working on the arm. Neville with kicks. Rusev shoves Neville into the corner and splashes him. Rusev catches a crossbody but Neville lands on his feet and takes Rusev down. Neville with a big kick and a tag to Cesaro.
Cesaro slams Rusev and takes control. He whips Rusev in the corner and tags in Neville before hitting a running uppercut. Neville comes in with a running splash and a 2 count. Sheamus gets a tags and goes at it with Neville. Sheamus floors Neville and tags in Barrett. Barrett works Neville over for a 2 count. Rusev tags back in and they keep Rusev down as fans chant USA. Rusev runs into an uppercut. Neville with more kicks. Rusev beats him down in the corner. Rusev runs into another big kick. Neville goes to the top but Sheamus distracts him. Neville gets knocked face first into the announce table. Sheamus runs over him as Ziggler and Cesaro come over and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rusev has Neville down. Barrett comes back in and stops Neville from tagging. Barrett with a headlock now. Neville manages to dump Barrett over the top rope. Sheamus tags in and makes Ziggler and Cesaro jump off the apron before tagging. Cesaro finally gets the tag and knocks Rusev off the apron. He hits the running uppercuts in the corners on Sheamus. The uppercuts get a big pop. Cesaro hits a big boot and goes to the top for a crossbody and a 2 count. Sheamus blocks the Cesaro Swing. Cesaro knocks Barrett off the apron. Sheamus slams Cesaro. Barrett and Ziggler finally get the tags and go at it. Ziggler with a neckbreaker and a big elbow drop for a 2 count. Rusev runs in but Ziggler ends up dumping him to the floor. Barrett ducks the Fame-asser and rolls Ziggler for a 2 count. He comes back and barely hits the Fame-asser for a 2 count. Barrett blocks a superkick. Ziggler blocks Winds of Change with a 2 count. Ziggler nails a superkick for a 2 count as Sheamus breaks the pin. Cesaro knocks Sheamus to the floor. Rusev knocks Cesaro to the floor. Neville sends Rusev to the floor and then jumps out onto everyone. Ziggler rolls Barrett up for 2. Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick from the floor to Ziggler, who is leaned on the middle rope in the ring. Barrett takes advantage and gets the win.
Winners: Sheamus, King Barrett and Rusev
– We see Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels backstage talking. Back to commercial.
– We come back and Ric Flair is in the ring. He talks about the history of Dallas and plugs WrestleMania 32. Flair reveals that Roman Reigns will be teaming with Dean Ambrose tonight and starts dancing. Reigns’ music hits and out he comes through the crowd.
Reigns hits the ring and The Wyatt Family appears at ringside after the lights go out. Reigns thanks Flair before speaking to “the scum” at ringside. A returning Erick Rowan is out with Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Braun Strowman.
Reigns brings two chairs in the ring and sets them up. He calls Wyatt into the ring and tells him to have a seat so they can talk. Reigns says Wyatt is a bully and he gets off on that. Reigns knows Wyatt is scared to be in the ring with him, he can see it in his eyes. Reigns wants to talk about Hell In a Cell. Reigns says Wyatt should be very afraid of him. This leads to a big fight as the lights come on. Reigns fights the all off with a steel chair. Wyatt grabs a chair but Reigns nails him with one. Dean Ambrose ends up running down and standing tall with Reigns as The Wyatts retreat.
– We get a backstage segment with The Authority, Rollins and Shawn Michaels. Rollins fires back at HBK and cuts him off, saying he’s not going to let HBK talk to him like that again. Rollins says he’s going out to stop the show like he always does. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole reveals it will be The Wyatt vs. The Shield in the main event.
Charlotte vs. Brie Bella
Back from the break and Brie Bella waits in the ring as Becky Lynch and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte make their way out. Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox are at ringside. Back and forth to start. We see Paige watching backstage. Charlotte nails a big boot and a 2 count. She tosses Brie to the floor in front of Team Bella and challenges Nikki to come in.
Brie comes back in with kicks and fights her way in. Charlotte turns it around and mounts her in the corner with right hands. Nikki jumps on the apron with the Divas Title and distracts Charlotte, allowing Brie to turn it around. Brie talks trash and works Charlotte over. Nikki yells at her to finish Charlotte. Brie goes into “Brie Mode” and hits the knee for a 2 count. Brie keeps Charlotte grounded as Becky tries to rally.
Brie nails a bulldog for a 2 count. Brie keeps control and hits another bulldog as Team Bella looks on. Brie with kicks while fans chant “yes!” with them. Charlotte catches a kick and nails a clothesline. Charlotte with another. Charlotte with chops now. Brie ends up tapping out to the Figure Eight for the win.
– After the match, Charlotte and Becky leave as an unhappy Nikki looks on. We see Paige watching backstage as Renee Young approaches. She brings up the attack on Natalya last week. Paige says it’s been rough but Team PCB turned a corner last week. Paige tries to play everything off but Renee isn’t having it. She says Paige is the prime suspect for who attacked Natalya on SmackDown and asks her about it. Paige tries to dodge the question and Renee calls her out. Paige says everyone has a grudge in the Divas division and it could be anyone from Sasha Banks to Lana to Kaitlyn to Eve Torres to Trish Stratus, Lita, Alundra Blayze and so on. Paige talks about Alundra talking trash on social media. Renee continues to press her. Paige takes a shot and says she’s not not as cute or as good as FOX’s Erin Andrews. Paige walks off and we go to commercial.
Mark Henry vs. Kevin Owens
Back from the break and out comes Mark Henry. WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens is out next for this non-title match.
Owens talks to trash and mocks Henry for being from Texas, which gets booed. Henry decks him and tosses him to the floor. Henry follows and works Owens over before rolling him back in. Owens meets him and stomps away. Henry turns it around and works Owens over in the corner. Henry chokes Owens and whips him hard into the opposite corner. Henry yells for Owens to get up. Henry whips Owens into another corner and he stumbles into the other corner. Henry nails a splash and talks trash. Owens nails a superkick. Owens catches Henry in a pop-up powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– After the match, Owens holds the title over Henry and talks trash to him. Owens raises the title until Ryback’s music hits and out he comes. Ryback hits the ring and Owens retreats to the floor. Henry comes from behind and throws Owens into the ring. Ryback nails a powerbomb. Ryback gets a “feed me more” chant going before leaving with Henry.
– We get hype for Hell In a Cell on the WWE Network. JBL does his monthly knock on WWE fans who still purchase events on standard pay-per-view.
– Seth Rollins is walking backstage when Renee Young asks about The Shield reuniting tonight. Rollins says this is not about The Shield reuniting, that’s not what this is. This is about him proving to Shawn Michaels and everyone else that when he says he’s the man, he is the man. Rollins threatens to destroy his former partners again and walks off. Back to commercial.
– We get a lengthy video package for Lesnar vs. The Undertaker at Hell In a Cell.
– Still to come, The Wyatts vs. Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns. Back to commercial.
– Rusev, Sheamus and Barrett vs. Neville, Ziggler and Cesaro is announced for the Hell In a Cell pre-show. Orton and Ambrose vs. Harper and Strowman has been pulled.
Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman
Both teams are out as we get ready. Luke Harper is not here tonight. They come face to face and Rollins stands behind his team. He finally steps forward and stands with them to a big pop. Rollins starts talking down to his partners as we get the bell. We finally get some action as Reigns and Rowan go at it. Rowan drops Reigns with a shoulder but gets rocked with a right hand. Reigns turns it around and tags in Ambrose for some double teaming.
Rowan turns it around and tags in Wyatt. Wyatt works Ambrose over until Rollins comes in and unloads in the corner. Rollins splashes Wyatt but runs into a boot on the next attempt. Rollins gets dropped over Wyatt’s knee and tolls to the floor to regroup. Ambrose taunts him a we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Reigns fights out of a Rowan hold. Braun and Ambrose tag in at the same time. Ambrose unloads but Braun grabs him by the throat and tosses him over the top. Ambrose hangs on and drops Braun on the top rope. Ambrose with a missile dropkick but Braun is still on his feet. Ambrose charges but Braun knocks him to the mat with a big impact. Wyatt tags in and beats on Ambrose. Wyatt with a 2 count. Rowan comes back in and drops a big knee for a 2 count. Rowan keeps control and hits an elbow to Ambrose’s lower back for a 2 count.
Rowan with a sideslam and another 2 count. Braun comes in and keeps Ambrose down before Wyatt tags back in. Wyatt unloads on Ambrose for another 2 count. Wyatt breaks Ambrose down with a headlock as fans chant for Ambrose. Ambrose fights out but Wyatt grabs him for Sister Abigail. It’s blocked. Wyatt misses a splash in the corner. Ambrose goes for a tag but Braun yanks Reigns off the apron and throws him into the barrier. Wyatt runs into boots from Ambrose. Ambrose with a missile dropkick. Ambrose finally goes to tag Rollins but he hops off the apron and leaves to boos. Rowan comes from behind on Ambrose. He goes for a slam but Ambrose lands on his feet and nails a clothesline. Reigns is back on the apron now. He tags in and nails a Superman punch on Braun on the apron. Rowan takes a big boot and a forearm. Reigns unloads on Rowan in the corner as fans count along. Reigns hits the Drive By on Rowan. Reigns knocks Strowman into the announce table and nails a Samoan Drop on Rowan. Reigns hits a Superman punch on Rowan but Braun breaks the 2 count. Ambrose attacks Braun but Braun throws him to the floor. Braun grabs Ambrose and starts choking him out. Ambrose comes in with a kendo stick for the disqualification.
Winners by DQ: Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose
– After the bell, Ambrose unloads on Strowman with the kendo stick. Strowman takes it but gets dumped to the floor. Ambrose goes for a big dive but Braun catches him. Braun slams Ambrose hard on the floor. Wyatt and Rowan come over and they beat on Ambrose. Reigns nails a huge leap from the ring and takes out The Wyatts. Reigns brings Bray in the ring as fans chant “this is awesome.” Reigns nails a spear on Wyatt, also taking out Rowan. Braun pulls Bray to safety as Reigns spears Rowan. Ambrose and Reigns stand tall in the ring as Reigns’ music hits. Rowan, Braun and Wyatt make their exit.
– We see Brock Lesnar and Steve Austin sitting down backstage for their interview. Remember to stay tuned for our coverage. RAW goes off the air with Reigns and Ambrose standing tall.
Breaking RAW News, Paige In Trouble with WWE?, Big Update on The Rock’s WWE Return, Triple H WrestleMania 32 Update, WWE Pushed Sting Too Far?, Backstage Blame on Rollins, Vince and HHH Working on Blockbuster Angle, Huge WWE Tag Team News, HHH Nixes Big Title Storyline, Must Lana and Stephanie and Bellas, Lots of New GIFs & Exclusives, More