WWE “Live from MSG: Lesnar vs. Big Show” Results – 10/3/15
– WWE “Live from Madison Square Garden: Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show” opens up from New York City with JBL, Byron Saxton and Rich Brennan.
Sheamus and Rusev vs. Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler
We go right to the ring and out comes Sheamus with his Money In the Bank briefcase. Eden is doing the ring announcing. Rusev is out next with Summer Rae. Dolph Ziggler is out first for his team, followed by Randy Orton to a big pop.
Sheamus and Orton go at it to start. Sheamus takes it to the corner but Orton clotheslines him. Rusev comes in and there’s back and forth for a few minutes until the heels keep Ziggler grounded. Sheamus tags in and walks on Ziggler. Ziggler counters and slams Sheamus. Rusev comes right back in but Ziggler counters that as well. Orton reaches for the tag and finally gets it as Sheamus comes in. Orton unloads. He ducks a clothesline from Sheamus and keeps control with the draping DDT. Rusev runs in but Orton tosses him to the apron. Ziggler superkicks him to the floor. Sheamus takes advantage and drops Orton.
Sheamus misses a Brogue Kick on Orton, runs into a superkick from Ziggler and gets caught in a RKO for the pin.
Winners: Dolph Ziggler and Randy Orton
– After the match, Orton and Ziggler celebrate before leaving. Rusev takes the mic and starts screaming about how Sheamus ruined the match, calling him stupid. Rusev says Sheamus is more useless than Lana and the fans. Rusev is yelling in Sheamus’ face and mushing him around. Sheamus goes to leave and Rusev starts talking about Lana but turns around to a Brogue Kick. Sheamus takes the mic and tells Rusev to kiss his arse before walking out.
– We get a look back at Seth Rollins and Kane from RAW. Renee Young is backstage with Corporate Kane now and he’s on crutches. Kane says he’s here for one reason – Seth Rollins… has an opportunity to win back the WWE United States Title tonight. Kane went back and forth from Demon to Corporate there. Kane says he wouldn’t let an injury keep him from Madison Square Garden. He’s assured Rollins he will keep a look out for the Demon. Kane says it’s going to be a good show and walks off.
Stardust vs. Neville
We go to the ring and out comes Stardust. Neville is out next to a pop.
Back and forth to start. Neville taunts Stardust with some shake, rattling and rolling. Neville nails a crossbody and more offense but gets kicked in the head while on the apron. Stardust takes control and picks up Neville’s cape. Neville rolls him up for a 2 count. Stardust comes right back with a big clothesline for two 2 counts.
Stardust keeps control until Neville counters and ends up hitting a springboard moonsault from the apron. Neville brings it back in the ring and goes to the top for Red Arrow. Stardust gets up and Neville goes back to the apron. He comes in the ring and they trade shots. Stardust slams him for a 2 count. Stardust picks up the cape again and puts it on. Stardust runs around with the cape on and goes to the top with it. Stardust jumps down and gets hit in the gut. Neville drops him with a kick. Neville positions him and goes to the top for Red Arrow and the pin.
– Neville celebrates as we get replays.
– Renee is backstage with Paul Heyman. Heyman gives a shout-out to homegrown New Yorkers and welcomes us to The World’s Most Famous Arena. Heyman says this place is special and says that’s why he’s shocked Big Show has the guts to walk into The Garden like the Boston Celtics. Heyman says his home team, which is a Beast, won’t be on defense tonight, he will be on offense. Heyman says tonight, Madison Square Garden becomes City Hall to Suplex City.
– We come back from a break and get a look at the Divas Revolution.
Team Bella vs. Team PCB
We go to the ring and out comes Nikki Bella, Brie Bella and Alicia Fox for six-Divas action. Paige is out next and Eden introduces her as a member of Team PCB. She heads to the ring by herself. Becky Lynch is out next to another pop. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte is the last Diva out and her pop was nothing special.
Becky starts off with Alicia as we see the steel cage hanging over the ring. Back and forth to start with some trash talking from the apron. There’s tension between Paige and Becky. Becky drops a few leg drops and Paige tags in. Paige with a knee to the face on Alicia. Paige screams this is her house and hits the running knee in the corner. Paige with more knees in the corner. Paige with a kick to the face and a 2 count. Alicia gets up and slaps Paige. Becky tags in and goes at it with Alicia as fans chant for Lana.
Nikki comes in and works Becky over as there’s also tension between Paige and Charlotte. Becky gets double suplexed by Nikki and Alicia for a 2 count. Alicia with a knee to the back now as Charlotte tries to rally. Fox slams Becky by her hair and in comes Brie for some double teaming and a 2 count. Brie with forearms as she keeps Becky grounded. Brie gets hype and hits the running knee to the face for a 2 count on Becky. Nikki comes in and nails Charlotte on the apron. Charlotte comes in but the referee backs her out. Nikki is distracted and Becky rolls her up for 2. Charlotte tags in and unloads on Nikki with chops. Charlotte with a neckbreaker and a spear for a big pop. Charlotte goes for the Figure Four and locks it in but Paige tagged herself in. They argue as fans boo. Paige turns around to a big forearm from Nikki. Brie tags in and covers for a 2 count. Brie takes Paige to the corner and in comes Fox. Alicia with a Northern Lights suplex and a 2 count. Alicia keeps Paige grounded now.
Paige tries to fight up and out but Nikki keeps control. Paige kicks Nikki in the mouth and they collide with clotheslines. Paige jumps for a tag but both Becky and Charlotte jump off the apron and stand on the floor with their arms crossed. Paige and fans are shocked as they stare back at her. Nikki hits the Rack Attack on Paige for the win.
Winners: Team Bella
– After the match, Team Bella leaves as Paige recovers in the ring. Becky and Charlotte make their exit as we go to replays and Paige looks on. She takes the mic and says she can’t believe her teammates would leave her high and dry like that. She says she is their best friend. Paige says she would never do anything like that to them as fans give her the “what?” treatment. Paige says she isn’t sure if she can forgive them before limping away.
– We get a promo for WWE’s partnership with Susan G. Komen and a look back at Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt from RAW. We see Reigns challenging Wyatt to Hell In a Cell on SmackDown and the announcers hype that match.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
We go to the ring and out comes Chris Jericho to a big pop, celebrating 25 years since his first pro wrestling match. Jericho takes the mic and welcomes us to MSG Is Jericho. Jericho says this is a special night because it’s also the 25th anniversary of Chris Jericho in this business. October 3rd, 1990 in Canada, at The Moose Hall in front of about 50 people, he faced Lance Storm. We see Storm at ringside and he gets a big pop, standing up and waving to fans. Jericho goes on and points out Don Callis and Dr. Luther at ringside. Jon Stewart of The Daily Show was on the other side of Storm. Fans start chanting for Jericho. He thanks everyone for helping him live this amazing dream, this amazing journey. Jericho says he has the chance to become a ten-time Intercontinental Champion tonight. He talks about partying with Jerichoholics after the show and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens to a pop.
There have been lots of streaming issues with the WWE Network tonight. The feed comes back to counters to both finishers. Owens with a 2 count as fans chant “this is awesome.” Jericho with a bulldog. Owens counters a Lionsault and hits the corner cannonball. Owens goes to the top for a Swanton but Jericho counters. Jericho applies the Walls of Jericho but Owens makes it to the bottom rope and the hold is broke. Owens side steps and Jericho runs into the corner. Owens rolls him up for 2. Jericho with a Codebreaker for a 2 count as Owens grabs the bottom rope. Jericho with strikes and stomps. The referee warns Jericho and he runs into a superkick. Owens grabs him for the pop-up powerbomb but it’s countered. Owens counters the roll through and ends up getting the win with a roll up and a rake to the eyes.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– After the bell, Owens grabs his title and retreats as Jericho recovers in the ring. We go to a break with Owens running his mouth about the title being his.
– Back from the break and we see Big Show backstage looking crazy as he prepares for the main event.
– We get a video for The Dudley Boyz and The New Day.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: The Dudley Boyz vs. The New Day
We go to the ring and out come the WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston, Big E and Xavier Woods. They cut promos on The Dudley Boyz and say they are saving the tables tonight before getting a chant going. Devon and Bubba Ray Dudley are out next to a big pop.
The bell rings and Woods starts with the trombone. Devon goes at it with Kofi to start. Devon sends Kofi scrambling for a tag. Big E comes in but Devon slams him and tags in Bubba for some double teaming and a big NYC pop. Bubba runs into an elbow but still slams Big E. Kofi tags in and gets hip tossed across the ring. Bubba splashes him and tags in Devon for more double teaming. Devon with a 2 count. Bubba comes back in but Kofi deck him and tags in Big E. Big E slams Bubba and dances as Woods plays. Big E runs the ropes for a splash but Bubba jumps up and slams him. Devon goes to the top for the big headbutt but Woods pushes him down. New Day turns it around in the corner and takes control. Bubba tries to fight back at one point but just gets clobbered for a 2 count. Big E misses a splash and in comes Devon with Kofi. They go at it with Devon unloading. Devon with a shoulder and shots to Woods and Big E. Devon stop Big E from running in with a clothesline but the Network skips back again. Kofi ends up getting caught in a 3D and Devon covers for the win but it’s broken up by Woods for the disqualification.
Winners by DQ: The Dudley Boy
– After the bell, The New Day unloads on The Dudleyz and beat them down. They bring a table in the ring and the Network lags once again but it looks like Kofi botched a double team off the top or rolled through. It ends with Woods going through the table with a 3D. Devon celebrates as Bubba recovers. Devon grabs the title belts and holds them for a second as we go to a break.
– We get a video for Lesnar vs. Show.
Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar
Big Show is out first and he’s ready to fight as we wait. Fans are chanting for Suplex City already. The music hits and out comes Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman to a pop.
The bell rings and they go at it. Lesnar keeps charging but Show takes it. Show dumps Lesnar over the top rope with ease after Lesnar attempted a takedown. Lesnar laughs and comes back in smiling. Lesnar charges again as fans chant for Suplex City. Show tosses Lesnar into the corner and hits him in the gut. Lesnar turns it around and hits him with thrusts. Lesnar grabs Show for a German but Show elbows him off. Show hits two chokeslams but Lesnar comes back for a third. Show covers for a 2 count.
Lesnar ducks a knockout punch and hits three German suplexes. Lesnar yells out to a pop. Lesnar scoops Show for the F5 but Show falls from his shoulders. Lesnar laughs and hits another German. Lesnar goes for the F5 again and this time has no trouble nailing it for the win.
Winner: Brock Lesnar
– After the match, Lesnar stands tall as Heyman comes in to stand with him. They leave as the referee checks on Big Show and we go to replays. The announcers hype Lesnar for RAW as Show slowly rolls out of the ring. Lesnar and Heyman come back out to the arena as fans pop. Show rolls back in the ring and stands up for a fight. Lesnar laughs and jumps to the apron. Show is wobbly as Lesnar approaches him and nails a belly to belly suplex. Lesnar nails another F5 and Laugh again as his music hits.
Show finally gets up and is still out of it. He slowly makes it to the floor as Eden asks fans to give it up for Big Show. Most fans boo and Show’s music hits as he goes to the back while we get more replays.
Steel Cage Match for the WWE United States Title: Seth Rollins vs. John Cena
We come back from a break and the steel cage is being lowered over the ring. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins is out first and he looks ready to go. WWE United States Champion John Cena is out next to a mixed reaction.
We get formal ring introductions and the rules from Eden. Cena takes Rollins down with a headlock to start. Rollins turns it around with the help of the cage. Rollins beats Cena around and nails him in the corner for a 2 count. Rollins goes to walk out of the cage door but Cena stops him. Rollins drops Cena with a kick to the face and goes to climb out. Cena climbs up after him and forces Rollins back down. Cena with a bulldog from the top rope for a 2 count. Cena climbs up now. Rollins stops him and knock him back to the mat. Rollins with another knee to the face off the top for a 2 count. Rollins climbs up but sees that Cena is going for the door. Rollins comes down and drags Cena back.
We get the dueling Cena chants now. Cena comes back and hits Rollins with a dropkick. Cena climbs up but Rollins brings him down and hits a Sling Blade for a 2 count. Rollins rubs Cena’s face into the steel and talks trash. Rollins shows off and wastes time now. Rollins climbs up but Cena slams him on his face for a 2 count. Cena goes to the top rope but Rollins cuts him off. They fight on the top rope and Cena slams Rollins’ face into the cage to send him to the mat. Cena comes off the top rope for a leg drop but Rollins catches him in a powerbomb for a 2 count.
After more WWE Network lagging and a back and forth over the cage door, they fight on the top once again and Rollins nails a superplex, rolling through and hitting a floatover suplex for a 2 count. They end back up on the top of the cage trading shots as fans count along. They come back to the top rope and Cena sends Rollins to the mat. Cena with a huge DDT for another close 2 count. Cena is right by the cage door but it looks like he’s telling the referee no. The door is opened as Rollins runs and jumps to the top of the cage, swinging the door back into Cena’s head. Cena gets knocked back into the ring. Cena ends up putting Rollins back in the STF in the middle of the ring. Rollins reverses it and tightens the hold. Cena powers to his feet with Rollins and goes for an Attitude Adjustment but Rollins slides out and hits a low blow as fans boo. Rollins climbs to the top and is almost over as Kane’s music hits.
Demon Kane makes his way to the ring as Rollins makes it over the top of the cage. He sees Kane below and climbs back to the top, trying to decide what to do. Rollins goes to hit the stomp on Cena from the top of the cage but Cena dodges it and hits the AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, Cena steps out of the cage and stands tall with his title as we go to replays. Cena makes his exit and Kane shuts himself in the cage with Rollins. Rollins pleads with him and tries to fight him off but has no luck. Kane nails a chokeslam. Rollins stumbles to his feet but gets hit with a Tombstone. Kane’s music hits as Rollins is laid out. Kane grabs the WWE World Heavyweight Title from the mat and holds it high as the crowd pops. Kane lays the title over Rollins and leaves the cage while Brennan thanks us for watching.
Huge WWE Tag Team Scene News, John Cena Involved In Major WWE NXT Plans, Triple H Nixes Big Title Storyline for Seth Rollins, Interesting WWE Title Plans Revealed, Edge and Hogan Back to WWE Soon?, WWE Stars Seen as Stale/Forced, Change In Plans for New Day, WWE Panicking, Must See New Lana and AJ and Stephanie Photos, Lots of New GIFs & Exclusives, More