Triple H on Success of WWE NXT, Sting on RAW, Seth Rollins, NXT Changing the Face of WWE, More
– As seen above, Triple H is back to speak with Michael Cole for this week’s sitdown interview. Below are highlights:
* Cole notes that this is the 100th sitdown interview and Triple H congratulates him. Cole brings up what Triple H has done with NXT this year and asks if Triple H ever thought this was possible for NXT. He says you shoot for the stars with those kind of things and he wanted to create another brand for WWE that they build the future with and make it as big as possible. Going into Takeover in Brooklyn, he felt like they could sell out the Barclays Center but he was hesitant and didn’t want to disappoint people. He was excited the show did as well as it did. He says every time they reach a platform where he thinks NXT is as big as it’s going to get, it seems to grow further.
* He brings up “Takeover: Respect” with the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic and the 30-minute Ironwoman Match with Sasha Banks vs. Bayley. He says NXT continues to elevate and talks about their live events across the country and in the UK this December. He says “Takeover: London” is almost sold out.
* Triple H talks about how there is a strong NXT presence on the main roster now. He says NXT continues to be what they said it would be in the beginning – the future of WWE. He says NXT guys like Neville and Kevin Owens are changing the face and feel of WWE. He brings up the Divas Revolution and says it started in NXT, putting the women on a different platform they could compete and succeed at. He’s proud of where WWE is because of NXT. He’s especially proud of the women for coming into their own, showing the world they want and deserve more.
* Cole brings up the RAW season premiere this past Monday with Charlotte vs. Nikki Bella and Sting’s first-ever regular WWE TV matches. Cole asks if he thought Sting would ever compete on RAW. A few years ago, no but he’s glad Sting did compete on RAW. Triple H says they don’t see eye-to-eye on everything but there’s no denying that Sting is one of the biggest names in the history of the industry. He says it will be such a feather in Seth Rollins’ cap to show that he is the man by beating John Cena and Sting at Night of Champions. Cole brings up Sheamus possibly cashing in at Night of Champions. Triple H says it could happen but if Rollins’ wins at Night of Champions should cement him as “the man” in everyone’s mind. Triple H says they were saying Rollins is the future but the future is here now and Rollins is the man.
Major Update on Hardys and WWE, EC3 Back to WWE?, Big Plans for NXT Star, HHH and Vince At Odds Over WWE Return, Lethal to WWE?, Big News on Harper, WWE Changes Lesnar Plans, WWE Asks Top Star to Slow Down, WWE Star Ribbed for Gear, Must See New Becky and Paige and Lana Photos, Lots of New GIFs & Exclusives, More