WWE RAW Report – 7/20/15
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look back at the Battleground main event and The Undertaker’s return. We’re live from Kansas City with Michael Cole, Byron Saxton and JBL on commentary.
– We go right to the ring and the bells toll as The Undertaker makes his entrance to a big pop.
Fans chant for The Undertaker as he takes the mic. Taker growls and says he stands here tonight a relentless, remorseless, cold-blooded, vengeful Grim Reaper. Taker says Streaks are made to be broken and fans boo. Taker says that’s the painful truth but Brock Lesnar had to continuously remind everyone of his greatest accomplishment. Taker says enough is enough and last night was his true resurrection. Taker says Lesnar can’t kill what won’t die. Taker says unleashed forces will now point their careers to new destinies. Taker says he will challenge Lesnar’s mortality and will conquer what has yet to be conquered. Taker says in the end, like all living things – man or beast, Lesnar will…. rest in peace. The bells toll again as Taker makes his exit.
– We see Triple H and Stephanie McMahon backstage watching. Triple H says this is the greatest thing ever. He says the SummerSlam main event just dropped in their lap – Lesnar vs. Taker. Stephanie is off to get the promotional ball rolling and Triple H is going to call Paul Heyman so they don’t show up tonight and ruin everything. Triple H says Heyman and Lesnar will get what they want at SummerSlam so there’s no use in coming tonight.
– We go to the announcers to discuss what just happened. Tonight’s main event will be Randy Orton, Cesaro and John Cena vs. Sheamus, Rusev and Kevin Owens. Also, Charlotte will face Brie Bella. We go to commercial.
Charlotte vs. Brie Bella
Back from the break and Tamina Snuka, Naomi and NXT Women’s Champion Sasha Banks are out at ringside for commentary. Charlotte, Paige and Becky Lynch are out first followed by Team Bella with Alicia Fox, Brie Bella and Divas Champion Nikki Bella.
They lock up and go at it. Brie takes control but Charlotte rolls her over. They fight to their feet and Brie drops her with a shoulder. They meet in the middle of the ring and Brie mushes Charlotte. They run the ropes and Charlotte knocks her down. Brie goes to the floor for a breather. Charlotte leaps over the top but Brie moves and she lands hard. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Brie counters a move and kicks Charlotte hard. Brie unloads with kicks as fans chant “yes!” and she hits a dropkick for a 2 count. We see during the break Brie hit Charlotte with a running knee to the face and blew a kiss to Sasha. Brie keeps Charlotte grounded now. Charlotte fights out and rolls Brie up for a 2 count but Brie dropkicks her and covers for another pin attempt.
Charlotte tries to come back but Brie hits a missile dropkick for another 2 count. Charlotte catches a kick and unloads with Flair chops. Charlotte with the neckbreaker. Charlotte drops Brie for another pin attempt. Charlotte goes for the Figure Four but Nikki gets on the apron. Charlotte kicks her off with a big boot. Charlotte turns around and ducks a clothesline, then spears Brie. Charlotte goes for the Figure Four and locks it in, then bridges it into the Figure Eight for the win.
– After the bell, Paige and Becky come in to celebrate with Charlotte as Brie is pulled out of the ring to safety.
– Cole confirms that Lesnar will face The Undertaker at SummerSlam. Still to come tonight, Reigns vs. Harper.
– We go backstage to Triple H talking to Heyman on the phone. It sounds like Lesnar and Heyman want to come to RAW. Triple H tells Heyman to grow a set and tell Lesnar they can’t come. He hangs up and The Miz is whining about what Big Show did to him at Battleground. Triple H calls someone else and tells them to come to his office. He disses Miz and puts him in a match against Big Show tonight. Miz walks off whining and we go to commercial.
Los Matadores vs. The Prime Time Players
Back from the break and El Torito is in the ring with Los Matadores. WWE Tag Team Champions Darren Young and Titus O’Neil are out next for a non-title match.
Young starts off with Diego and they go at it. Young takes control for a minute but gets dropkicked into the middle rope. Diego splashes on his back and tags in Fernando for a senton and a 2 count. Diego tags back in and they double team Young. Diego with another move off the ropes and another pin attempt. Fernando tags back in for more double teaming and a 2 count. Fernando keeps Young grounded as Titus tries to rally the crowd.
Young connects with a nice throw and finally tags in Titus. He runs over Fernando and catches Diego coming off the top. Titus tosses him. Fernando comes off the other corner and Titus catches him. Titus drops him over his knee and slams him. Titus whips Fernando into the corner, barks and splashes him. Titus with the pounce. Titus tosses Diego to the apron and Young slams him onto it. The New Day’s music hits and out comes Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods to the stage. They say they’re here to congratulate, not hate. One of the Matadores takes advantage of Titus being distracted and rolls him up for the win.
Winners: Los Matadores
– After the win, The New Day mocks The Prime Time Players from the ramp as their music plays.
– Still to come, Reigns vs. Harper. Also, our big six-man main event. Back to commercial.
The Miz vs. Big Show
Back from the break and The Miz is in the ring wrapping up his entrance. Big Show is out next.
The bell rings and Big Show tosses Miz across the ring a few times. Miz rolls to the floor and runs right back in when Show comes out. Show comes back in and Miz unloads. Show gets right up and runs over Miz with a shoulder. Show with a big chop in the corner now. Show slams Miz a few more times and goes to the second rope. Show comes crashing down with the big elbow for the squash win.
Winner: Big Show
– After the match, we get replays as Show takes the mic. He tells the referee to get out of the way. He asks Miz what he said last night about Big Show being missing since the Attitude Era. Show is kicking Miz while talking. He says the only thing missing is Ryback with his Intercontinental Title. A “feed me more” chant starts and it angers Show. He says he’s going to feed Ryback his fist and take the title. Show says he will be on Tough Enough tomorrow night and challenges Ryback to come face him there. Show says he’s going to see if the competitors are tough enough for his knockout punch. Show drops the mic and stomps on Miz again before leaving the ring.
– Triple H and Stephanie are backstage talking to WWE artist Rob Schamberger. They spot Paul Heyman and walk up to him, asking what he’s doing here. Heyman says Lesnar isn’t here tonight but does accept the SummerSlam main event. Heyman says he’s here to deliver Lesnar’s retort and then he’s out of here. Triple H says that’s OK and Heyman walks off. They talk about how they don’t trust Heyman and need more security, and half of the locker room. Back to commercial.
– We come back and Triple H and Stephanie have the roster gathered backstage. They’re ordering them to stand in between The Beast and The Dead Man later tonight.
– We go to the ring and Paul Heyman is in the ring. He says Brock Lesnar should be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and he’s not because of nothing Seth Rollins did, but because of the resurrection of The Undertaker.
Heyman goes on about The Undertaker and about how they had every right to brag about ending The Streak. Heyman says since The Undertaker wants to make this personal, he yells out at Taker about how Lesnar conquered Taker’s streak at WrestleMania. Heyman says Taker sold his soul to the devil just to extract revenge on Lesnar. Heyman says Taker can sell his soul to the devil but his ass belongs to Brock Lesnar. The bells toll and the lights go out. They come back on and Taker is in the ring.
Taker backs Heyman into the corner as he pleads. Brock Lesnar’s music hits and out he comes. Lesnar rushes the ring and they brawl. Lesnar mounts Taker with right hands. Taker turns it around with right hands of his own. Triple H sends security down as fans boo and they try to break it up but Lesnar leaps on top of a bunch of guys to continue the brawl. Taker and Lesnar start dropping guys before going back to brawling. Triple H sends the roster down now as fans boo them too. Mark Henry, Jimmy Uso, The Ascension, Bo Dallas, Cesaro, Adam Rose, King Barrett, The Lucha Dragons, Rusev, everyone is out pretty much. The roster has Taker and Lesnar separated but Lesnar gets free and runs around the ring, attacking from the side. Taker is held back in the corner as Lesnar is held back and moved towards the ramp. Triple H yells at them to get Lesnar out of here. He breaks free, rushes the ring and leaps back onto the pile of Superstars that are holding Taker. They brawl and are separated again as fans chant “this is awesome” and Triple H yells at Lesnar. This time Taker breaks free and they brawl at ringside. Lesnar yells that he’s going to kill Taker and Taker says he’s going to have to. One group of Superstars gets Lesnar in the back as another holds Taker off at ringside. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Lesnar is backstage surrounded by he group of Superstars still. Taker runs over and attacks him. They’re separated again by the two groups of Superstars. Lesnar runs, flips over a table and leaps onto Taker again. Triple H is there to try and calm things down but Taker continues the brawl. Lesnar is still screaming about killing Taker. We’ve got some police officers involved now. They back Lesnar against a wall and he raises his hands, telling them not to touch him. Lesnar takes his shirt off and lets them put the nylon restraints on him. They escort Lesnar away and he tells them again not to touch him. We go to commercial.
– We come back and order has finally been restored. We get replays of what just happened with Lesnar, The Undertaker and the WWE roster.
– Triple H and Stephanie are backstage. Triple H says he’s not going to press charges, he’s just going to let them cool down. Seth Rollins walks up commenting on the chaos. Rollins says he has a lot on his mind and asks if they care if he goes to address the WWE Universe. They tell him to go on and he walks off.
– We get a look at Luke Harper assisting Bray Wyatt at Battleground. Wyatt is backstage with Harper now. Wyatt says he’s more than just flesh and blood, he’s the enigma, he’s the revolution. Wyatt says we chose Roman Reigns and anointed him so now we’re going to burn for it. Harper says this is just the beginning, Roman, and it will never stop. Harper says brick by brick, piece by piece… until there is nothing left. Wyatt says tonight, they will continue to fix the mistake. Anyone but you, Roman…. back to commercial.
Luke Harper vs. Roman Reigns
Back from the break and out comes Luke Harper with Bray Wyatt. Roman Reigns comes out through the crowd and he’s ready to fight. Dean Ambrose’s music hits next and he comes out to a pop. Ambrose is going to watch from ringside to even the odds.
They lock up and go at it before breaking. Harper with some strikes but Reigns fights out of the corner with big rights. Reigns mounts Harper with right hands as fans count. Reigns pulls Harper into a big clothesline and stomps away in the corner. Harper turns it around and hits uppercuts. Reigns comes right back with a clothesline as fans pop. Harper retreats to the floor and comes back in. They lock up and Harper takes Reigns to the corner for a pair of big right hands. Harper with more strikes. Reigns comes back with a forearm and more punches in the corner.
Reigns with a clothesline but the arm Harper worked on is giving him problems. Harper taunts Ambrose as fans boo. Reigns counters and suplexes Harper. Back to the floor Harper goes to regroup. Reigns stands tall and Harper talks with Wyatt as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see Wyatt has taken Saxton’s chair away from him and is watching the match. Harper has Reigns grounded on the mat. Reigns tries to fight out but Harper drops him by the injured arm. Harper keeps working on the arm as Wyatt and Ambrose look on. Reigns finally fights out but Harper sends him through the second rope to the floor. Reigns falls to the floor on his arm and the referee counts.
Reigns makes it back in at the 9 count. Harper goes right to work on the arm and drops knees. Reigns yells in pain. Harper with an uppercut in the corner and a kick to the arm. Reigns fights back with jabs and a big one-arm slam. Harper ends up slamming Reigns’ arm into the ring post to stop his momentum. Harper with a senton over the top. Harper keeps Reigns grounded again. Reigns manages to dump Harper to the floor. Reigns tries to recover as Wyatt yells at Harper to get back in. Reigns with kicks as Harper comes in. Reigns drops Harper with a big punch. Reigns unloads now and nails the flying clothesline. Reigns blocks a big boot and hits the Samoan Drop. Reigns comes around the ring for the Drive-By but Wyatt stands in the way and raises his arms. Reigns nails him and hits a double Drive-By, connecting on Wyatt and Harper. Reigns comes in and readies for the Superman punch but Wyatt pulls him to the floor for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Roman Reigns
– After the bell, Ambrose runs over and gets involved. They all brawl at ringside. Ambrose throws Harper into the barrier and unloads on him. Wyatt nails Ambrose from behind and Harper throws him over into the timekeeper’s area. Wyatt beats on Reigns and rolls him in the ring. Harper applies a crossface as Wyatt stomps on him. Ambrose runs in for the save and takes out Harper. He turns around to Wyatt grabbing him for Sister Abigail but Reigns stops it with a Superman punch, sending Wyatt out of the ring. Reigns and Ambrose stand tall in the ring as Reigns’ music plays and The Wyatts retreat through the crowd. Ambrose’s music hits next as we go to replays.
– Seth Rollins is backstage walking. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another look at The Undertaker confronting Brock Lesnar at Battleground.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins by himself.
Rollins asks the crowd how it feels to be wrong about him again. Fans boo. Rollins say everyone underestimated him going into Battleground and bought into Paul Heyman’s bull-crap propaganda. Rollins sees the people in their Suplex City shirts and remembers how they cheered when Brock Lesnar destroyed the Cadillac. Rollins mentions J&J Security getting taken out and calls Kane a big piece of crap. Rollins says people were wrong about him retaining at Battleground because here he is, the undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Fans boo again. Rollins says Lesnar is the most vicious Superstar in WWE history, naming some of Lesnar’s wins, but says he doesn’t give a damn about Lesnar. Rollins says he is the most under-appreciated champion in WWE history. He stood face to face with The Beast last night, took everything he had and is still here but the people just disrespect him like they always have. Rollins says people will never understand what he has to go through to keep the title. Rollins says he has faced every challenge put in front of him since WrestleMania. Rollins says Lesnar’s past caught up with him last night and if he had half the brain Rollins did, he would have also ran when he saw the look in The Undertaker’s eye. Rollins says he still feels like he was robbed last night, by Lesnar and Taker. So he’s here to rectify that. Rollins calls Lilian Garcia into the ring.
Rollins says one thing was missing from last night’s match and has Lilian announce him as winner by DQ due to outside interference, but still WWE World Heavyweight Champion. This is interesting as WWE’s website noted last night that the match ended in a No Contest. Rollins raises his title but is interrupted by the music of WWE United States Champion John Cena.
Cena thanks Lilian but has decided that she no longer has to put up with Rollins’ crap. Cena says the same goes for the fans, they no longer have to either. Rollins says none of his business concerns Cena and he doesn’t know why he’s out here. Rollins congratulates Cena on his win over Kevin Owens last night. Rollins takes a jab at Cena and Cena reminds him they became champions on the same night, then calls him a poor excuse for a champion. Cena says actions speak louder than words and Rollins’ daily actions make people lose faith in the WWE World Title and gain respect for the US Title. Cena thanks Rollins and says he owes him one. A USA chant breaks out and Rollins tells fans to shut up. Rollins says people have to earn a shot at his title, Cena just gives them away. Rollins says Cena can’t stand that the people hate his guts. Rollins says Cena can have his little open challenge but he’s going to continue being the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Rollins drops the mic and leaves. Cena tells him to run away like he always does. Cena has words for Rollins, causing him to stop on the apron and come back in. Cena says the man makes the title, not the other way around. Cena says as a man, Rollins is a joke. Cena drops the mic and proposes they fight right now. Rollins looks ready to go also and they argue in the middle of the ring. Rollins backs off and rolls out of the ring with his title as fans boo. Cena yells “the champ is here” and raises his title as his music hits. Rollins looks on from the ramp.
– Still to come, Cena in our six-man main event. Back to commercial.
– We get a look back at the NXT Divas debuting last week and clips from some of their NXT matches.
Paige and Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Bank and Naomi
Team Bella is out for commentary as Paige makes her way to the ring with Charlotte and Becky Lynch. Sasha Banks, Naomi and Tamina Snuka of Team BAD are out next. Sasha starts off with Becky and they go to the corner. Sasha talks trash after breaking. Becky with an am drag and some taunting. Becky takes control and keeps Sasha down by her arm now.
Naomi comes in and unloads on Becky in the corner. Naomi with a slam and a 2 count. Becky corners with a dropkick to the face. She runs and hits a leg drop, and another. Becky hits another running leg drop for a 2 count. Becky with a headlock now. Paige comes in and gets double teamed in the corner. She goes at it with Sasha and catches her with a big fall-away slam. Paige grabs Sasha by her hair and tags in Becky for some double teaming. Becky with a kick to the mouth. Naomi distracts Becky, allowing Sasha to drop her from behind and cover for a 2 count. Sasha chokes Becky on the second rope as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Naomi slams Becky for a 2 count. Naomi with more offense and another pin attempt. We see during the break Sasha was trash talking and slapping Becky around. Becky tries to fight out of Naomi’s hold but she gets grounded. They run the ropes and Naomi takes Becky down again for another 2 count. Naomi drags Becky to their corner and tags in Sasha to keep up the beatdown. Sasha with a close 2 count after a big kick to the face. Sasha taunts Paige while standing on Becky’s hand. Sasha knocks Paige off the apron. Naomi takes advantage and nails Becky. Naomi tags in and they double team Becky.
Becky tries to fight back and they brawl but Naomi drops her for another close 2 count. Sasha comes back in and hits a Backstabber before keeping Becky grounded again. Becky kicks Sasha in the face and reaches for a tag but can’t get it. Sasha sends he to the corner but Becky fights out. She comes close to a tag but Sasha pulls her back. Becky kicks her off and finally tags in Paige. Paige unloads as Naomi comes in. Paige with clotheslines and a dropkick on Naomi. Paige screams and hits the high knee in the corner. Paige with several knees to the face as the referee backs her off. Paige drops Naomi with a superkick. Paige applies the PTO but Sasha kicks her in the face to break the hold. Fans boo. Paige tosses Sasha to the floor. Tamina jumps on the apron but Paige knocks her off. Naomi takes advantage and nails Paige. Sasha tags in with the Backstabber and the Bank Statement to make Paige tap out.
Winners: Sasha Banks and Naomi
– After the match, we get replays as Team BAD celebrates in the ring. Team Bella looks on from ringside and Sasha blows them a kiss.
– We get a video for the new boxing movie Southpaw with WWE Tough Enough coaches Lita, Booker T and Billy Gunn talking about actor Jake Gyllenhaal. Still to come, our six-man main event. Back to commercial.
– We get a look back at what happened to Dolph Ziggler at the hands of Rusev recently. Lana is backstage with an update on Ziggler, saying he’s now talking again and doctors have assured him there is no permanent damage. Summer Rae appears and she’s changed her look to try and appear like Lana now. Summer asks Lana how she likes it. Summer says she feels smarter and dangerous. Rusev walks up and says she looks beautiful. They kiss and Rusev tells Lana she doesn’t look good. He says she looks tired and walks off. Summer delivers a nasty slap to Lana’s face and also walks off.
Cesaro, Randy Orton and John Cena vs. Rusev, Sheamus and Kevin Owens
We go to the ring and out first comes Cesaro. Randy Orton is out next. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and WWE United States Champion John Cena is wrapping up his entrance. Kevin Owens is out first for his team. Rusev is out next with Lana followed by Sheamus with his Money In the Bank briefcase.
Cena starts off against Owens. Owens immediately tags in Rusev as fans boo. They lock up and Cena applies a headlock. They run the rope and Cena hits a shoulder. Rusev catches him in mid-air with a big fall-away slam. Rusev stomps on Cena now. Owens comes in and unloads on Cena while he’s down. Owens talks trash and asks Cena who’s the man now. Cena counters a pop-up powerbomb and gets Owens in the STF for a second. Cena drags him back but Owens blocks it and hits a DDT. Owens goes for the cannonball in the corner but Cena rolls out of the way. Cesaro tags in and comes off the top with a crossbody on Sheamus, who also tagged in. Cesaro takes a shot at Owens and unloads on Sheamus with uppercuts in the corner. He also knocks Rusev off the apron. He goes for the Swing on Sheamus but Owens runs in. Cesaro backdrops Owens and still goes for the Swing but Rusev nails him with a superkick. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus has Cesaro down with a headlock as Summer looks on. Cesaro powers up with a suplex and reaches for a tag. Owens comes in and stops him. Owens runs into a boot from Cesaro and he knocks Rusev away. Sheamus tags back in and hits a shoulder thrust in the corner on Cesaro. Shamus with a high knee and a clothesline on Cesaro. Cesaro with a big uppercut on Sheamus. They trade shots and Sheamus takes him back to the corner, tagging in Rusev. Cesaro fights all three of them off and lifts Rusev for a huge slam.
Owens comes in and nails Cesaro. Sheamus accidentally gets knocked off the apron by Owens. Owens with a Codebreaker on Cesaro. Shamus comes in and yells at Owens. They have words and shove each other a few times. Sheamus runs over Owens and drops him. Sheamus grabs his briefcase and walks out on the match as fans boo. Owens stops Cesaro from tagging. Owens goes to tag but Rusev is down getting tended to by Summer Rae. Owens with a senton on Cesaro. Rusev comes up and Owens slaps him on the arm for the tag. They argue and Owens drops Rusev with a superkick. Owens walks out on the match now as Cena and Orton look on.
Cesaro gets up first and tags in Orton. Orton unloads on Rusev and hits he big powerslam. Rusev with a knee to the gut. Orton comes right back and hits the exploder suplex, sending Rusev to the apron. Orton brings him back in with the second rope draping DDT as fans cheer. Orton drops down for the RKO but Rusev blocks it and hits him with a kick. Lana comes down the ramp and has words with Summer at ringside. Lana throws her shoe at Summer’s face and they start brawling with Lana in control. Lana yells for Summer to never touch her again. Rusev is furious and distracted, allowing Cena to nail an Attitude Adjustment. Cesaro hits a Cesaro Swing on Rusev and holds it, catapulting Rusev over him into a big RKO from Orton. Orton covers for the win to a big pop.
Winners: Randy Orton, Cesaro and John Cena
– After the match, we go to replays as Cena, Cesaro and Orton celebrate. We see Summer Rae recovering at ringside as the babyfaces continue their celebration and RAW goes off the air.
BREAKING News from RAW, Major Update on Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena, Top WWE Star Gets Heat at RAW, 2016 Royal Rumble Surprise Spoiler, Main Roster Plans for Finn Balor, Big Report on HHH and Cesaro, Must See New Stephanie and Lana and Bellas, Lots of New GIFs & Galleries, More