WWE NXT Results – 6/24/15: Balor vs. Rhyno II
– WWE NXT Results – 6/3/15: Balor vs. Rhyno II | Full Sail University | Winter Park, FL
– The show starts off with a touching ten bell salute on the stage for the late great Dusty Rhodes. HHH said that Rhodes referred to the roster as his NXT kids. Most of the wrestlers were on the verge of crying with Kevin Owens noticeably looking like he was about to breakdown.
– Hideo Itami makes his first appearance since his rotator cuff injury due to being attacked in the parking lot several weeks ago. Greg Hamilton interviewed Itami and they talked about the promotional tour in Japan to hype the NXT title match on July 4th.
Itami said he will be out 3-4 months and challenged the winner of Owens vs. Balor when he returns. This prompted Kevin Owens to emerge and demanded that Itami apologize for calling him a “bad person.” Itami replied calling him a good champion but a bad person.
Owens said that if he was going to be blamed for injuring Itami, he might as well actually do the deed and threatens to hurt his good arm. Owens heads to the ring, but if cut off by Finn Balor. They brawled to the top of the ramp and Balor had things well in hand.
Rhyno came out of nowhere and attacked Balor form behind. The Man Beast kicked the #1 Contender in the ribs and threw him off of the stage. Referees and officials came out to check on Balor as Rhyno admired his handiwork.
– Enzo Amore & Big Cass w/ Carmella vs. Jason Jordan & Sylvester Lefort
Enzo and Cass do their “SAWFT” shtick to the delight of the crowd at Full Sail. The story here was the continuation of Jason Jordan’s quest to find a permanent tag team partner. Jordon threw Amore around with several aggressive waist lock takedowns.
Things looked well in hand for the new team until a miscommunication led to Amore rolling up Jordan for the 1-2-3. Jordan blamed Lefort for the loss which means it’s back to the drawing board in the tag team partner search.
Winners: Enzo Amore & Big Cass
Rhyno vs. Balor II is announced as the main event
-Dana Brooke w/ Emma vs. Cassie
There was another video package hyping Brooke before the match along with an interview from last week where she said Charlotte only got her opportunity in NXT because of her family.
The bell rings and Dana gains control early. Cassie mocks Dana by patting her on the head, and shows some fight until she gets cut off. Dana delivers some power moves and finishes the newcomer with a fireman’s carry turned into a Death Valley Driver for the win.
Winner: Dana Brooke
– Charlotte is interviewed backstage and responds to Dana’s comments saying she will kick her ass and that she was never given anything but opportunity and earned her own keep.
– Part 2 of the Finn Balor video series is shown. Balor talked about his obsession with Legos and how Summer Slam 1995 is his favorite pay-per-view event growing up. His time in New Japan Pro Wrestling was also chronicled along with Jason Alberts singing his praises.
The stuff they’re doing with Balor is absolutely amazing. If you didn’t like him before, you will after watching this video. It looks like he is getting the belt on July 4th.
– In other news, gluttonous instagram photos of Bull Dempsey are shown has it was announced that he has been ordered to lose weight.
-The Hype Bros (Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley) vs. Sawyer Fulton & Angelo Dawkins
This was another by the numbers match to get the new combination Ryder and Rawley over. The Hype Bros start off strong until Dawkins and Fulton took over with some double team moves. Ryder made the hot tag to Rawley and all hell broke loose until THB hit Dawkins with their elevated Rough Ryder finisher for the win.
Winners: The Hype Bros
– General Manager William Regal is interrupted Eva Marie who said she has been working hard at the Performance Center and wants a match in NXT. Regal isn’t amused and calls out Eva on wanted to jump on the bandwagon of the now popular women’s division. Regal goes on to tell Eva that he needs to see proof that she is ready. Eva says will show him what he needs to see.
– Finn Balor vs. Rhyno
Just as the bell rang, Kevin Owens joins the gang on commentary. Balor now has to keep an eye on the champ while dealing with the Man Beast in front of him. There was some back and forth action until Rhyno gets sent to the floor and Balor follows up with a dive over the ropes.
Back in the ring, Rhyno takes control by dropping Balor with a clothesline and follows up with a spinebuster for a two count. Rhyno applies a bear hug, Balor fights out of it, but Balor gets pushed into the ropes and Rhyno catches him with a shot to the midsection.
Rhyno applies a second bear hug, Balor fights out of it again, and connects with a missile dropkick off the second rope for a near fall. Kevin Owens is making Bryon Saxton’s life a living hell on commentary. If Bryon isn’t legitimately frustrated, he gets extra points for acting.
Balor hits a delayed dropkick, picks him up, but gets thrown across the ring via a northern lights suplex. Rhyno keeps assaulting Balor in the corner with shoulders into the mid-section. Balor ducks a clothesline and hits a Pele Kick. Balor kicks him again and the big man is rocked.
This caused Owens to go to ringside. Balor dropkicks Owens off the ramp, but the distraction caused him to walk right into a belly to belly suplex. Rhyno charges in for Gore, but Balor counters with a boot to the face that drops the big man. Balor goes up and comes down with the Coup de grace for the 1-2-3
Winner: Finn Balor
Owens blindsides Balor immediately after bell rings and puts the boots to him. Rhyno joins in on the beatdown until Samoa Joe runs in which causes them to scatter. The two pairs stare at each other and are champing at the bit for a fight as the show goes off the air.