WWE NXT Results – 6/3/15: Balor vs. Rhyno
– WWE NXT Results – 6/3/15: Balor vs. Rhyno | Full Sail University
Video package of Kevin Owens’ victory over John Cena at Elimination Chamber opens up the show. There will also be a major announcement from General Manager William Regal regarding the future of Kevin Owens’ NXT championship.
– Tyler Breeze vs. Adam Rose
Rose is looking for payback after being blindsided by Breeze after their tag team match a few weeks ago. There is some stalling in the corner from Breeze until Rose gains the upper hand with some boots, chops, and a headlock takeover.
A flying elbow from Breeze turns things around followed by a dropkick that knocks Rose off the apron and to the floor. Breeze gets cocky and pays for it as Rose back body drops him out of the ring.
This is an even back and forth affair with neither man gaining a distinct advantage. Breeze starts to get some momentum with a dropkick that rocks Rose and follows up a hurricanrana and lets the fists fly.
Rose turns up the aggression as he does his best Ryu impression and hadoukens Breeze in the corner. Rose follows up with a clothesline and a big boot for a near fall. Rose hits a big spinebuster and applies a Boston Crab, but Breeze gets to the ropes. Rose goes off the ropes and Breeze hits the Beauty Shot for the 1-2-3.
I liked the story here. They made Breeze really fight for this one.
Winner: Tyler Breeze
– Salmon Crowe says he feels down after losing to Kevin Owens last week and that Samoa Joe is alright with him if he wants a shot at Owens. Crowe ends the segment by saying that when he gets back, he will be better than ever and in the ring with the NXT champ.
– Dana Brooke placed fifth in the Arnold Classic in Rio De Janero, and has been invited to Spain to do the same thing in September.
– Greg Hamilton interviews Eva Maria and the crowd is booing her, big time, followed by the “You Can’t Wrestle” chants. Eva complements the women for stealing the show and says she has arrived to take on the best which is in NXT.
-BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: GM William Regal announces that Kevin Owens will defend the NXT title against Finn Balor on the 4th of July, in Tokyo, Japan, and it will air live on the WWE Network.
– Carmella w/ Enzo & Big Cass vs. Alexa Bliss w/ Blake & Murphy
Carmella jumps on Bliss right away and doesn’t let up as Bliss tries to escape. Carmella elbows Bliss, but misses a shot in the corner and gets yanked down by her hair. Bliss gets the heat with a slam and a couple of submission holds.
Carmella gets her comeback with fists, boots, and a reverse X-Factor?? Bliss shoves Carmella in the corner and rolls her up, while grabbing the second rope, and gets the pin. Team Bliss celebrates while the Jersey Crew looks on in disgust.
Winner: Alexa Bliss
– Devin Taylor talks with Rhyno and the man is determined to take his rightful place at the top of the hottest thing going today, NXT. He says Balor’s theatrics won’t phase him and that he will be one step closer to the title after Balor feels the Gore.
– We catch up with Sami Zayn who receives shoulder surgery from in Birmingham, Alabama. The surgery went very well, despite the injury being worse than anticipated, and now Zayn is on the road to recovery.
– The Vaudevillians vs. Jason Jordan & Marcus Louis
This is the first time we’ve seen the Vaudevillians on TV in a few weeks. Simon Gotch starts things off with Marcus Louis, who looks to be in a permanent state of anger. Quick tags for the Vaudevillians keeps Louis at bay.
Adien English inexplicably whips Louis into his own corner. Jordan tags in and delivers a side suplex. Jordon is showing more attitude as he keeps English grounded. English pushes Jordan into his own corner, again, and Louis tags in.
English makes the hot tag and Gotch cleans house. The Vaudevillians hit the Whirling Dervish on Louis for the win. Jason Jordan is none too happy and verbally vents his frustration on Louis.
Winners: The Vaudevillians
– Finn Balor says he is ecstatic about getting his NXT title shot in Japan. While he is not overlooking Owens, the Demon will rule in the country he forged his career in.
– Finn Balor vs. Rhyno
Rhyno plays the power game early, which negates Balor’s offense. Rhyno tries to go to the top, Balor makes him pay and follows up with a dive over the top rope and to the floor. The advantage doesn’t last long as Rhyno power slams Balor.
Rhyno levels Balor with everything he has, but the fighting Irish keeps coming. Rhyno shows some frustration and pays for it with a pele kick and a sling blade. Rhyno escapes the coup de grace, misses the Gore, and Balor rolls him up for the win.
Balor celebrates on his way back to the dressing room, but he is blindsided with a GORE at the top of the entrance ramp. Rhyno leaves with a crazed look in his eyes while Balor squirms in pain which suggests he might not make it to Tokyo, Japan.
Winner: Finn Balor