5/23 WWE house show results from Worcester, MA
Credit: Zack Zimmerman
1. Neville beat King Barrett. Before the match, Barrett cut a promo and told everyone to bow down to the King of Massachusetts. He also managed to slip in the “bad news” line. Neville won a solid opener with the Red Arrow.
2. Erik Rowan (w/Luke Harper) beat Zack Ryder. The best part of this match was Harper at ringside. Rowan won with a Full Nelson Slam. Post-match, Harper and Rowan left Ryder laying with a 3D.
3. The Prime Time Players beat Bo Dallas and Heath Slater. Bo cut a little promo before the match and then introduced someone “who only needed one man to start a rock band,” Heath Slater. The Players took a kid out of the crowd to do their dance on their way to the ring. Dallas and Slater tagged in and out about a dozen times because neither wanted any of Titus. Young got the win with a rollup. Post-match, Dallas and Slater bickered and wanted another match. Cue the Meta Powers.
4. The Meta Powers beat Heath Slater and Bo Dallas. This was hardly a match. Bo walked out right away and the Meta Powers just beat up Slater and won after Axelmania dropped the big leg.
5. Dean Ambrose beat Kane. This was a snoozer but the crowd was very into Ambrose. He won with Dirty Deeds.
6. Nikki Bella beat Tamina to retain the WWE Divas Championship. Nikki won with a rollup in virtually the same finish as the PTP tag match.
7. Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods (w/Big E) beat Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (w/Natalya) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. Big E mispronounced Worcester, called Tom Brady a filthy cheater, and sang “We Are the Champions” for a little extra heat before the match. He also plugged the WWE Network, because that’s going to make people want it, right? They had some fun with Kofi’s mom, who was in the front row. Kidd and Cesaro came out and said at least Tom Brady had balls to deflate. Sick burn. This was a fun match. Kidd and Cesaro used plenty of crowd-pleasing offense, but New Day got the win when Big E ran in and took out Cesaro allowing Kofi to jackknife pin him. The timing was off on the finish, but this was the work-rate match of the night. Afterwards, Kidd took out all three New Day members before he and Cesaro hit the Giant Swing Dropkick to leave Kofi laying.
8. John Cena beat Rusev in a cage match to retain the U.S. Championship. Lana came out and teased distracting Cena, but then slammed the cage door on Cena’s head. Nonetheless, Cena managed to escape the cage to retain his title.