5/9 WWE NXT results from Orlando, FL
– Ring announcer is Dasha. Greg Hamilton is our MC for the evening.
– Bayley, Carmella, and Alexa Bliss defeated. Dana Brooke, Devin Taylor, and Lina. Solid match. This is Lina’s first time competing in Orlando. She’s a bigger girl and while you may still be early in development, she plays the monster heel quite well. She’s an intriguing prospect. Carmella gets the win for the babyfaces and they all do their signature celebrations. Post match, Tye Dillinger comes out and gives the match a 2.
– Elias Samson defeated Steve Cutler by DQ after Kevin Owens interferes. Samson is now doing a gimmick where he’s called The Drifter and comes out with a guitar. Pretty basic match until Kevin Owens attacks Samson and then lays out Cutler with a powerbomb. Owens cuts a promo, calling out the crowd for being hypocrites, since they were chanting “USA” for Cutler (who has legitimately served in the Armed Forces) and then cheering Owens for powerbombing him. Solomon Crowe comes out and challenges Owens to a fight later tonight, and Owens accepts.
– Mike Rallis defeated Chad Gable. Rallis uses the Razor’s Edge as a finisher. Decent match. Gable is starting to find himself as a heel personality. Rallis is an interesting prospect. He’s not necessarily ready for a prominent tv role, but he gets better in the ring every time and he has some really good physical tools. He’s someone to keep an eye on. Post match: Tye Dillinger rates the match a 4.
– Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady defeated WWE NXT Tag Team champions Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy in a non title match. Fun match. If we get anything like this at Takeover, I won’t complain. Standard stuff as Enzo is the babyface in peril, Cass makes the hot tag, clears the ring, and Enzo hits the top rope splash for the win.
– Becky Lynch defeated WWE NXT Women’s champion Sasha Banks in a non title match. Really solid match. Sasha is so good in the ring. The crowd is still working to get into Becky. It’s not all the way there, but it’s improving. Becky makes Sasha tap to the armbar.
– Finn Balor defeated Baron Corbin. Decent match. Finn wins with the Coup de Grace. Baron looks more comfortable as a heel.
– The Vaudevillains defeated Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. Incredibly fun match, and one that probably had the liveliest crowd for it. Lots of comedy spots and quality wrestling. These are two teams with the most personality and it made for a lively match. Oh, and Scott Dawson is such a good performer in the ring. Post Match: Tye Dillinger rates the match as a 6.
– Main Event: Kevin Owens defeated Solomon Crowe. Really good match. They told a great story of Owens getting the early advantage and Crowe constantly trying to fight back from it. Owens eventually wins with a pop up powerbomb. After the match, Owens goes to leave, but comes back to the ring, stands over Crowe, and gives him one last kick for good measure.
– Lina is developmental performer Lina Fanene. She has been in developmental for a while, but this was her first weekend working matches for the NXT live shows. She’s a bigger woman, in the vein of Havok and Awesome Kong and seems like a perfect fit as a monster heel. Also of note, she and The Rock are cousins.
– Show was a sellout with many standing room patrons.
– Larry Zbysko and So Cal Val were in attendance for this show.
– No return date to the Orlando Armory was announced.