1/31 WWE NXT house results from Orlando, Florida
– Hideo Itami d. Tyler Breeze with the high kick in about 9:00. Good match, with not quite enough time to become a great match. Itami showed more than in many of his TV matches lately.
– Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder d. Sawyer Fulton & Angelo Dawkins. Very good old-school tag match—both teams had a lot of fire.
– Carmella came out for a promo and was interrupted by Kevin Owens, who simply said he wasn’t booked on the show but wasn’t leaving without a fight, telegraphing the main-event finish.
– Solomon Crowe d. Jeremy Jordan. Average short match with no heat at all.
– Bull Dempsey d. Kalisto. The contrast of styles didn’t really work. Almost a squash match, but too long for that.
– Becky Lynch d. Bayley via submission. Bayley was a crowd favorite as always. These two worked well together.
– Colin Cassady (w/Enzo Amore) d. Tye Dillinger. The Cass and Enzo show, which was the same as ever, fit perfectly in this environment. Work was fine, package was entertaining.
– NXT Tag Champions Blake & Murphy (who no longer have first names) d. the Vaudevillains in about 12:00. Two teams that really enjoy what they’re doing, and it showed. The tag champs were part of the meet-and-greet before the show and made a lot of new fans with their likability, and Aiden English kept up a running commentary from the ring apron. Good match.
– NXT Champion Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville ended with a DQ in about 15 minutes when Kevin Owens ran in. Unquestionably the match of the night. Zayn sold for most of the match as Neville stayed on the attack, heeling on the crowd. It didn’t live up to their Full Sail matches, but what ever could? A great main event. Owens beat down Zayn before Zayn made his own comeback. Owens teased a return to the ring, but left. Zayn thanked the crowd and sent everybody home happy.
Credit: Wrestling Observer