9/18 NXT Results From Wauchula, FL
NXT had the first of three house shows this week in Wauchula, Florida last night (Thursday, 18th September 2014). Again, the top NXT talent is on the WWE house shows, so they shuffled the card around.
– Jason Jordan defeated Dash Wilder.
– Tye Dillinger defeated Elias Sampson. As I thought from last week’s house show, Dillinger has a singles gimmick. He’s now wearing all black and carrying a deck of cards, either playing card or tarot cards. He laid one on Sampson after the pinfall and cut a cryptic promo about cards representing morality.
– Sasha Banks & Dana Brooke defeated Bayley & Alexa Bliss. This was Dana Brooke’s debut match.
– Baron Corbin defeated CJ Parker.
– Charlotte defeated Becky Lynch in a non-title match. Don’t know if this was just to mix it up, or if Lynch is to be a future contender for the title on TV.
– Colin Cassidy w/ Enzo Amore defeated Marcus Louis w/ Sylvester Lefort. Louis had an absurd wig with wrestling headgear as per tradition to cover his baldness. Cassidy pulled it off at the end of the match before hitting his finisher.
– Angelo Dawkins defeated Bull Dempsey. Dempsey beat him down after the match.
– The main event was Aiden English & Simon Gotch (The Vaudevillains) defeating Buddy Murphy & Wesley Blake. Unusual to see these teams get the main event spotlight and a longer match.
Given the lack of Zayn, Neville, Breeze or the Ascension on these shows for the forseeable future, NXT would probably benefit from having Prince Devitt, Kevin Steen or Hideo Itami working on the house shows soon, it’s almost all undercard matches right now