WWE RAW Report – 3/17/14
– Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show kicks off with Josh Mathews, The Miz, Jason Albert (Tensai) and Alex Riley. Booker T is in Australia doing promotional work. The panel gets hype for tonight’s show. Announced for tonight, John Cena will respond to The Wyatt Family. Also, Triple H will address Daniel Bryan. We see the “occupy RAW” segment from last week.
– The panel talks more about Triple H and Daniel Bryan as a Superstars match is being taped. Natalya defeats Alicia Fox by submission. Jerry Lawler interviews her on the stage after the match. Natalya talks about getting redemption on Summer Rae in this season of Total Divas. We get hype for Batista vs. Randy Orton before going to WWE Network commercials.
– The panel talks about Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena after a promo for the feud. We get hype for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Byron Saxton interviewed Brad Maddox earlier in the day about the match. Damien Sandow interrupted and wants in the battle royal. Maddox says he can be in and has a match on RAW tonight also. Sandow walks off. We go back to the panel to talk about the battle royal. The Usos vs. The Real Americans is announced for RAW. Renee Young is backstage with Jack Swagger for an interview. Cesaro and Zeb Colter come in late. Apparently Swagger told them the wrong location for the interview. Zeb says tonight is a very important night as Cesaro and Swagger won’t stop arguing. Zeb gets them hype for tonight’s tag team match. More Network commercials.
– We get hype for The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar. Paul Heyman will be live on RAW tonight. We see Michael Cole making his way out to boos. JBL is out next to a big pop. Lawler is out next to a big pop also. More hype from the panel to wrap tonight’s pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look back at Triple H and Daniel Bryan last week. We go to the ring and Triple H is waiting with a mic as most fans boo him. Triple H blames everything on the fans. He’s going to crush their dreams, end the Yes Movement and destroy Daniel Bryan, and says it’s all their faults because they forced his hand. HHH says he’s going to do what he does in the ring at WrestleMania – destroy Bryan cold, calculated and with no remorse, as he always has. HHH says he will face off with Bryan in the ring tonight. HHH goes to hype tonight’s show but is interrupted by Batista.
Batista says HHH has problems with Bryan but bigger problems with him. Batista is pissed off about Bryan possibly getting into the WrestleMania XXX main event. Batista says he didn’t sign up for that. He came back to be champion and won that right by winning the Royal Rumble. Batista asks HHH what the hell was he thinking. HHH says Bryan has on chance of beating him. Randy Orton’s music hits and out comes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Orton agrees with Batista. HHH tells them both, and the fans, that Bryan will not beat him. HHH makes Bryan vs. Orton in a No DQ match tonight. Batista and Orton trade words now. Batista says Orton sucks as champion. HHH gets in between them but they keep arguing. HHH goes to leave the ring and Batista tells him to fix this situation. HHH says he’s sick of everything – troll faced gremlins, fans cheering for him, all this crap. HHH says he’s sick of Hollywood movie stars coming back to tell him what’s best for this business. He’s also sick of technically gifted guys who are so screwed up in the head they can’t win a match without Triple H holding their hand. HHH says maybe Vince McMahon was right, the only person you can trust is yourself. HHH says there will be a triple threat at WrestleMania but Bryan won’t be in it. HHH says when he beats Bryan, he’s getting the third spot in the main event. HHH storms off. Batista turns around to a big RKO from Orton.
– Still to come, Cena will respond to The Wyatt Family. Also, The Usos vs. The Real Americans. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened. Renee Yougn tries to get a word with Batista but he’s on his way out of the arena. Batista says coming back to WWE was a big mistake.
Cesaro and Jack Swagger vs. The Usos
We go to the ring and The Real Americans are waiting. WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos are out next for a non-title match.
Swagger starts off with Jimmy Uso as fans chant “we the people.” They trade holds and Uso hits a shoulder block. Uso knocks Swagger out of mid-air and leg drops him for a 2 count. Jey tags in and hits a big right hand in the corner for another 2 count. Cesaro tags in and goes at it with Uso. Jimmy tags back in for some double teaming. Uso slams Cesaro and drops a headbutt for a 1 count. Another tag and more double teaming by The Usos. Cesaro catches Uso in mid-air with a big backbreaker for a 2 count. Swagger tags in for double teaming in the corner.
Jimmy tags back in and unloads on Swagger. Uso with a big dropkick and a shot from the top rope for a 2 count. Uso decks Cesaro on the apron but gets kicked over the top rope. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Swagger stops Uso from making a tag. Swagger with a big slam for a 2 count. Swagger takes a big superkick to the face and goes down. More back and forth. Swagger gets kicked out of the ring. Uso leaps out onto him. The other Uso goes to leap out on Cesaro but he nails a big uppercut. Cesaro with the Neutralizer for a non-title win.
Winners: Cesaro and Jack Swagger
– The announcers plug WWE Slam City.
– Still to come, Orton vs. Bryan in a No DQ match. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what happened with Kane and The Shield on SmackDown. Kane approaches The Shield backstage now and says things got out of hand on SmackDown. Kane says The Authority has given them a mission and he needs a united Shield at his side. Kane asks one more time if he can count on them. Seth Rollins says yea, they’re united. Roman Reigns tells him to believe that. Kane says he believes they will do the right thing when asked or they will find out how replaceable they truly are.
– We go to ringside and Hornswoggle is handing out St. Patrick’s Day beads and hats to the fans. Bad News Barrett’s music hits and out he comes on his podium. Barrett knocks the holiday and out comes Sheamus for a match as we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Titus O’Neil
Back from the break and out comes Titus O’Neil in some St. Patrick’s Day party supplies. Christian is on commentary. Sheamus takes control early on and sends Titus to the floor. Titus rams him back into the ring post. Titus ragdolls Sheamus on the floor and tosses him.
Titus brings it back in the ring and continues to dominate. Titus grabs Hornswoggle by his collar and throws him into the ring. Titus smacks Hornswoggle around and holds him by his hair. Titus grabs Hornswoggle for a slam but Sheamus catches him. Sheamus puts Hornswoggle down. Titus turns around to a big shot from Sheamus and a low headbutt from Hornswoggle. Sheamus with the forearms on the apron now. Sheamus with a big powerslam. Sheamus nails the Brogue Kick for the win.
– After the match, Hornswoggle comes in to celebrate as we go to replays. Renee Young interviews Sheamus in the ring and he wishes everyone a Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Sheamus announces his name for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXX. Sheamus says he’s going to win the match. Sheamus goes to leave but Christian attacks him from behind on the apron. Christian sends Sheamus into the steel steps. Christian nails a Killswitch on the floor. Christian yells that the trophy is his.
– Still to come, Cena will respond to The Wyatts. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes John Cena to a mixed reaction. He compares his relationship with the WWE Universe to that of an old married couple. Cena says he is afraid of Bray Wyatt – who he is, what he does and most importantly, he’s afraid the people are listening to what Bray says. Cena says Bray is trying to convince fans that Cena is a phony and filled with evil. Cena says WrestleMania isn’t about fighting Bray Wyatt, it’s about fighting for every scar and injury he’s came back from, fighting for every fan that’s believed what he said. Cena says he will fight for everything and fight for his legacy at WrestleMania XXX. The lights go out and when they come back on, The Wyatt Family is on the big screen. Bray is wearing a Cena t-shirt.
Bray says children haven’t lived long enough to know everything is a lie so they believe superheroes. Bray talks about how dark his own childhood was. Bray is also wearing the Cena armbands. He says he could be like Cena… he could go home to his castle and his plastic girlfriend. Bray says he is different than anyone Cena has ever faced. Bray doesn’t care if he dies at WrestleMania, as long as the world sees Cena the way Bray does. Bray says to follow the buzzards and that’s it.
– We see Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton walking backstage. Back to commercial.
No DQ Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and out comes WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton. We see replays of what happened earlier tonight. Daniel Bryan is out next to a big pop.
Bryan starts off and takes Orton to the corner. Bryan with a knee to the gut off the ropes. Bryan wraps Orton’s leg around the ring post and slams it. Bryan continues working on the leg on the ring post. They come back in the ring and Bryan nails a dropkick. Orton turns it around and drops Bryan with an uppercut for a 2 count. Orton with forearms to the chest now. Bryan comes back and sends Orton to the floor. Bryan with a suicide dive to the floor. Bryan gets a “yes!” chant going as Orton pulls a kendo stick from under the ring and smacks Bryan with it. Orton with a big backdrop onto the announcers table. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton is still in control with the kendo stick. He knocks Bryan back out to the floor. Orton slams Bryan on the barrier and brings him back in for a 2 count. Orton rams Bryan into the ring post and hits a backbreaker on the floor. Orton brings it back in for another 2 count, and another. Orton with more stomps now. Orton mocks Bryan’s fans now. Bryan with a big dropkick in the corner. Bryan with a top rope hurricanrana and a 2 count. Bryan with kendo stick shots now. Bryan with a big roundhouse kick for a 2 count. Bryan goes to the top but Orton crotches him. Orton with a big superplex from the top for another 2 count. Orton with lots of stomps now. Orton takes Bryan to the apron for the second rope draping DDT and nails it. Bryan ends up smacking Orton in the face with a kendo stick shot. Orton comes back, grabs a steel chair and beats Bryan with it. Orton brings the chair in the ring but Batista appears out of nowhere and spears him. Bryan knocks Batista out of the ring and pins Orton for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– Bryan watches from the stage as Batista lays Orton back out with a Batista Bomb. Fans chant for “one more time” as we go to replays. Batista heads up the ramp as a referee checks on Orton. Batista poses but the fans boo him.
– The announcers show us how to sign up for the WWE Network. Up next is Paul Heyman. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Paul Heyman comes out to the stage. He wants to illustrate the point that The Undertaker’s last few WrestleMania victories have been in matches he’s barely survived. Heyman shows us a video package on The Undertaker at WrestleMania. The narrator says death is almost dying. The video shows Taker being wheeled out of WrestleMania. The video then shows off Brock Lesnar’s dominance over the same people that have challenged Taker at WrestleMania. The narrator says Lesnar shall conquer death himself at WrestleMania. We go back to Heyman and he says The Streak will be conquered.
– Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are backstage. She’s not happy about Triple H calling Bryan out later tonight. Stephanie reminds Triple H that Bryan disrespected them and her family last week. Stephanie wonders what happens to business and their family when he wins the title at WrestleMania. Stephanie asks if he’s even thinking tonight. Triple H says maybe for the first time in a long time he’s got this. He tells her to leave it alone and let him take care of it. She gets in his face and says, “you better.” Stephanie walks out.
Fandango vs. Goldust
We go to the ring and out comes Fandango with Summer Rae. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Goldust. He has Cody Rhodes with him and they dance together, upsetting Fandango and Summer Rae. They taunt each other to start. Goldust crawls and blows a kiss at Summer. Goldust catches a kick and dances around with Fandango’s leg. Fandango drops him, dances around and gets hip tossed. Goldust with a big atomic drop and then an inverted atomic drop. Goldust with the big right hand. Summer gets on the apron an distracts Goldust. He dances and scares her into Cody’s arms. Fandango attacks from behind and turns it around. Fandango sees Cody holding Summer and gets distracted. Fandango goes back to work on Goldust.
More back and forth. Fandango botches a suplex but hits it on the next try. Fandango goes up top but misses the leg drop. Goldust hits the Final Cut for the win.
– After the match, Goldust is upset and kicks the turnbuckle. Apparently he’s busted open from bumping heads with Fandango. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Kane. He accuses Jerry Lawler of using his hometown connections to organize the Occupy RAW segment last week. Kane calls Lawler to the ring but he won’t go. Kane calls out The Shield and they force Lawler into the ring. Kane says he’s not going to enjoy this, maybe he will, but asks Lawler if he has any last words. Seth Rollins says he has a feeling Daniel Bryan won’t be coming to save Lawler… because The Shield always does what’s best for business. Rollins drops the mic. The Shield suddenly turns and faces Kane as the crowd cheers and Lawler escapes the ring. Kane yells at them about how they need to listen to him. Kane swings and they beat him down. Kane fights them off and goes to chokeslam Rollins but they get him down again. Rollins with a kick to the head and Reigns with a big spear. They hit the triple powerbomb on Kane as the crowd cheers. The Shield stands united over Kane.
– Still to come, Triple H and Daniel Bryan will have a man-to-man talk in the ring. Back to commercial.
Cameron and Naomi vs. AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka
Back from the break and The Bella Twins are out for commentary. Cameron and a returning Naomi make their way out. Naomi is wearing an eye patch. Tamina Snuka and WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee are out next to a big pop.
Tamina starts off with Cameron and dominates her. Naomi and AJ finally tag in. Naomi unloads and hits the Rearview for a 2 count. Tamina knocks Cameron out of the ring. Naomi dropkicks Tamina. Naomi and AJ tangle but AJ gets her Black Widow submission applied but Naomi powers out and slams AJ. Naomi hits a moonsault on AJ for the win.
Winners: Cameron and Naomi
– After the match, AJ and Tamina have words. AJ yells at her for them losing. Tamina shoves AJ back on the mat. They stare at each other as AJ looks like she’s going to flip.
– Back from the break and we get Mr. T’s WWE Hall of Fame video.
Big Show, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler and Big E vs. Ryback, Curtis Axel, Alberto Del Rio and Damien Sandow
Big Show makes his way out after hype for the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. The rest of the stars wait and Ryback starts off with Big E. Lots of back and forth. Big E hits a big belly-to-belly for a 2 count. Henry tags in and goes at it with Ryback. Axel tags in and gets run over by Henry. Ziggler comes in and hits a neckbreaker on Axel for a 2 count. Ziggler with dropkicks for his opponents. The faces clear the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control of Del Rio. Sandow tags in and turns it around. Ryback comes back in and hits a long vertical suplex but Ziggler turns it into a roll up for a 2 count. Axel comes in and keeps Ziggler down. Axel slaps Ziggler around now. Ziggler nails a big DDT on Axel. Sandow tags and stops Ziggler from tagging. Sandow with a slam and a 2 count. Ziggler fights back but Sandow cuts him off. Sandow blocks a dropkick and sends Ziggler flying into the turnbuckles. Ziggler sidesteps and Sandow misses in the corner. Show finally tags in and runs over Sandow. Show with a big backdrop. Show dominates Sandow and calls for a chokeslam. Axel runs in but Show decks him. Ryback tackles Show. Big E clears the ring of Ryback. Del Rio with a big kick to Big E’s head and a dump to the floor. Del Rio also sends Henry over the top. Ziggler with a Fame-asser on Del Rio. Ziggler dumps Del Rio over the top. Axel dumps Ziggler. Show dumps Axel. Sandow hits Show from behind but gets chokeslammed. Show covers for the win and is the last man standing.
Winners: Big Show, Mark Henry, Big E and Dolph Ziggler
– We see highlights from Bryan vs. Orton earlier tonight. Renee Young is backstage now. She catches up with Batista, who obviously didn’t leave. Batista says he doesn’t quit anything. He doesn’t care if it’s Triple H or Daniel Bryan, he’s winning the title at WrestleMania.
– Bray Wyatt will be in action next. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cena vs. Luke Harper i announced for SmackDown.
Kofi Kingston vs. Bray Wyatt
Kofi waits in the ring as The Wyatt Family makes their way out. We get a promo video for Cena vs. Wyatt with “Legacy” by Eminem. Wyatt controls the match early on and dominates Kofi.
Bray ends up getting the win with Sister Abigail.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
– After the match, The Wyatts pose over Kofi. We get a preview for WWE Studios’ Oculus before going to commercial.
– Back from the break and Triple H calls out Daniel Bryan. He says Bryan crossed a line last week but he’s willing to put it in the past. Triple H says it feels like things were supposed to happen this way. He says Bryan crossed a line and he has to put an end to this. Triple H says he has no choice but to end the Yes Movement. Triple H says he will do what’s best for business every time. He says no hard feelings and may the best man win. Triple H extends his hand for a shake and fans chant “no!” Bryan shakes his head no.
Triple H says he doesn’t blame Bryan for not shaking his hand. Triple H says he has dumped a lot on Bryan since SummerSlam and yet he’s still standing here. Fans chant Bryan’s name now. Triple H says the fans respect Bryan because they’ve seen him go through it all. Triple H says anybody else would have folded a long time ago and took their ball and went home, but not Bryan. A CM Punk chant starts now. Triple H says Bryan has earned his respect and goes to leave the ring. Stephanie comes out and she’s pissed. She says what Bryan did last week was disrespectful and illegal. Stephanie says she’s formally pressing charges on Bryan for his actions last week. She calls out a group of police officers and sends them to the ring to arrest Bryan. Stephanie and Triple H argue on the ramp. Stephanie can’t believe Triple H said he respects Bryan. Officers, who appear to be local indie wrestlers, surround Bryan in the ring. One cop grabs his hand with a cuff, the others bring him down by his legs and one cop even clubs him in the back with a forearm. They hold Bryan down and he yells for them to let go. Stephanie smiles. Triple H comes to the ring and tells them to let Bryan go. Triple H says they’re not even real cops and tells them to get out of his ring. Triple H says besides, he’s looking forward to doing this himself… Triple H kicks Bryan in the head while his hands are cuffed behind his back. Triple H unloads on Bryan as the fans boo. Stephanie cheers him on as he takes off his tie. Triple H yanks Bryan out of the ring, hands still cuffed behind his back, and sends him flying into the steps. Triple H with a shot into the announcers table. Bryan fights back as much as he can but Triple H slams him into the apron and then the announcers table. A “you suck” chant starts up as Bryan screams in pain. Triple H sends Bryan flying into the barrier again as Stephanie talks trash to him. Triple H continues to beat Bryan around the ring as Stephanie cheers him on. Bryan kicks Triple H and headbutts him but Triple H keeps up the assault. Triple H shoves Bryan’s face in a cooler of ice water and rips his shirt. Triple H slams Bryan on the announcers table again as Stephanie mocks the “yes” chant. More punches to Bryan’s head. Triple H holds Bryan while Stephanie slaps him twice. Bryan yells that she hits like a girl. Stephanie slaps him again and again and again. Triple H puts Bryan on the apron and props his head against the ring post. Triple H grabs a steel chair and cracks it against Bryan and the ring post. Triple H enters the ring and takes his shirt off to more boos. Stephanie talks more trash to Bryan. Triple H drags Bryan to the center of the ring as Stephanie tells him to finish Bryan. RAW is still on the air at 11:15pm but the post-show has already began with the panel acting somber. Triple H lays Bryan out with a Pedigree. Stephanie enters the ring to celebrate. Triple H takes the mic and knocks Bryan before giving Stephanie a big kiss. RAW goes off the air with The Authority standing tall.
– The RAW Backstage Pass post-show opens up with the panel, in a different location than usual, talking about what just happened. We see Daniel Bryan being loaded onto a stretcher by medics. They’ve also put him into a neck brace. The panel says they haven’t seen Bryan move. They wonder if he will be able to make it to WrestleMania. We go back to seeing the panel as we hear John Cena’s music for the dark main event.
– We cut backstage where several WWE stars are checking on Bryan as he’s rolled into the ambulance. Brie Bella is also at his side and rides in the ambulance with him. Renee Young talks to a WWE medic about possible injuries and he mentions possible abdominal and head injuries. We go back to the panel, which might be the most annoying panel yet as they’re trying to talk on top of each other. We hear The Undertaker coming out for a huge pop for the dark main event. The panel talks more about Bryan and HHH to wrap it up.