WWE RAW Report – 2/17/14
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with Michael Cole welcoming us. John Cena comes out to a mixed reaction and talks about the Elimination Chamber match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title.
Cena talks about the Road to WrestleMania and Randy Orton. Cena says odds are that we get a new champion in the Chamber. The music hits and out comes Zeb Colter with Cesaro. Zeb says we’re looking at the next champion. Cesaro takes the mic and says he will become the new face of WWE and the new face of America. Cesaro enters the ring and they come face to face. Cena says Cesaro beat Orton on SmackDown but that doesn’t mean Cesaro is on a winning streak, it means Orton is on a losing streak. Sheamus is out next to a big pop.
Sheamus says he’s going to Brogue kick both of their teeth in at the Chamber but he’s saving his Brogue for Orton tonight. Christian’s music hits and out he comes. Christian talks on his way to the ring and out next comes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Orton thanks The Authority for giving him the chance to beat everyone on Sunday. Orton admits he underestimated Cesaro on SmackDown but it won’t happen again. Orton addresses everyone else and makes it to the ring when Daniel Bryan comes out to a big pop.
Bryan says everyone came out to do a bunch of talking but the fans do his talking for him. Bryan says the Chamber leads to WrestleMania XXX and points up at the sign. Bryan says he’s worked too hard to let this opportunity slip through his fingers. Bryan says there will be an entire arena of people chanting one word on Sunday and a big “yes!” chant starts up. The pyro hits and out comes Corporate Kane. Kane says now that he has everyone’s attention, The Authority has given him a chance to rectify certain mistakes he has made recently. A big “you sold out” chant starts up. Kane says he’s in charge tonight. Kane books Cesaro vs. Cena and Bryan vs. Christian for tonight. Kane says he will be at ringside for Bryan vs. Christian, which is next.
– Also tonight, Mark Henry vs. Roman Reigns and The Wyatt Family vs. Sin Cara and Los Matadores. We see Bryan telling Kane to come in the ring. Kane teases it but Christian attacks from behind and lays Bryan out. The crowd boos Christian. Christian throws Bryan out of the ring and beats him up, throwing him into the barrier. The match hasn’t started and there’s no referee out yet. Christian keeps up the attack on Bryan as Kane looks on and smiles. Christian tosses Bryan into the steel steps. We go to commercial.
Daniel Bryan vs. Christian
Back from the break and here we go. Christian goes right to work on Bryan’s hurt shoulder. Bryan turns it around with a knee to the gut. Bryan with uppercuts now. Bryan knocks Christian out of the ring and goes for a suicide dive but Christian stops him with a big right hand. Christian slams Bryan to the mat and works on his arm some more.
Christian with a shoulder block and a 2 count. Christian mocks Bryan and continues working on the shoulder. Christian with another takedown and a 2 count. Christian mounts Bryan with right hands now. Bryan turns it into a half-crab but Christian rolls through and takes back control. Christian with a tornado DDT out of the corner for a close 2 count. Bryan counters and sends Christian out to the floor. Bryan runs and nails a big dive out to the floor. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan beats Christian down with kicks as the fans chant. Bryan with the roundhouse kick for a close 2 count. Bryan goes to the top but comes crashing down on Christian’s boot. Christian with a 2 count. Christian goes back to work on the shoulder. Bryan comes back and hits the big dropkick in the corner. He goes for another and gets dropped with another big boot. Christian with the elbow off the second rope. Bryan blocks Killswitch ad goes for the Yes Lock but Christian blocks it. Christian shoves Bryan into the corner but has Killswitch blocked again. Bryan rolls Christian up for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Kane takes the mic and says he forgot to mention Bryan has one more match tonight – against Kane. Kane takes off his jacket and tie before hitting the ring. Bryan attacks Kane but Kane shoves him off and goes for the shoulder. Bryan rolls out to the floor in pain. We go to commercial.
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
Back from the break and Kane is beating Bryan around the ring. Kane with a big suplex from the apron. Kane keeps control and whips Bryan hard into the corner. Bryan comes back and hits a missile dropkick. Bryan tries to fight back but Kane pushes him over the top rope. Kane goes out and whips Bryan into the barrier. Kane wraps Bryan’s shoulder around the ring post and won’t let go. Kane gets disqualified.
Winner by DQ: Daniel Bryan
– Kane continues the attack on Bryan’s shoulder and whips him into the steels steps. Kane stomps Bryan’s arm into the steps and he screams in pain. Kane takes the mic and says he knows, he’s disqualified. Kane walks off as his music plays.
– We see footage from Mark Henry vs. Dean Ambrose last week and the big spear from Roman Reigns. Renee Young is backstage with The Shield. She asks Reigns about Henry but Dean Ambrose speaks up and is surprised Henry showed up tonight after the beating he gave him last week. Reigns says Ambrose lost. Ambrose says he softened Henry up for Reigns. Ambrose says Reigns acts like he can do better. Reigns says he can. Seth Rollins says they are always on the same page and will beat The Wyatt Family because they are made for war. Ambrose says The Wyatts are an illusion. Reigns says they don’t experience fear and they don’t back down.
Fandango vs. Santino Marella
Back from the break and Fandango waits in the ring with Summer Rae as Santino Marella makes his way out with Emma. Cole talks about Emma as we see some highlights from her time in NXT.
Santino tries some comedy but Fandango drops him and goes for a pin attempt. Fandango with a clothesline. He goes to the corner but misses a big knee drop. Santino fights back and hits the hip toss, then the headbutt. Emma and Summer get it into it on the floor. Emma spins Summer around and drops her. Santino comes out and flirts with Emma. Fandango takes advantage of him being distracted and pulls him back in for the win.
– After the match, Emma enters the ring and tends to Santino.
– We see Mark Henry backstage. Renee Young stops him for comment on The Shield. Henry is upset about last week and say she should have won the United States Title last week but tonight, he’s going to induct Roman Reigns into the Hall of Pain.
Roman Reigns vs. Mark Henry
We go to the ring and out comes The Shield. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get a Theodore Roosevelt graphic for President’s Day. Mark Henry is making his way to the ring. Reigns starts the match with right hands and headbutts. Henry sends Reigns to the corner and splashes him. Reigns turns it around and takes Henry to one knee. Henry fights to his feet but Reigns nails a big Samoan Drop for a 2 count.
Reigns keeps control and nails a Superman punch and lays Henry out for the win.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– After the match, Rollins and Ambrose come in the ring to pose with Reigns. Ambrose looks at Reigns and appears to be jealous. Ambrose attacks Henry and beats him out of the ring. The lights go out and when they come back on, The Wyatt Family is on the big screen. Bray Wyatt cuts a promo and says the clock is ticking. He says their bones will pave the streets of his kingdom. Luke Harper asks if they’re willing to die for this. Bray says if they’re not, they’ve already lost. He laughs some more and turns his back. Reigns tells them to come out here and talk that noise. Wyatt says they were thinking the exact same thing. Erick Rowan tells them to run. The lights go out again and the music hits.
The lights come on and The Wyatts have made their way to ringside. The Shield looks on from the ring. The Wyatts get up on the apron. Bray enters by himself. Reigns steps up. Rowan and Harper enter the ring now. Ambrose and Rollins move up with Reigns. The Wyatt Family backs out of the ring and the crowd boos.
– Still to come, Cena vs. Cesaro and Orton vs. Sheamus. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. Goldust & Cody Rhodes is announced for the Elimination Chamber Kickoff pre-show. We go backstage to where Cody is playing with some new WWE toys. Goldust comes up and wants to play so Cody lets him. Bad News Barrett comes in and kicks the toys everywhere and walks out.
Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston
We go to the ring and the match is beginning. Swagger beats Kofi down in the corner. Kofi tries a counter in the corner but Swagger dumps him to the mat for a 2 count.
Kofi tries to make a comeback but Swagger whips him hard into the corner and nails a Swagger Bomb for a 2 count. Swagger with more big power moves on Kofi. Kofi nails a missile dropkick from the corner. Kofi with a kick to the head and a big springboard clothesline. More back and forth. Kofi nails a SOS but Swagger’s foot hits the bottom rope to break the pin. Kofi with a big crossbody for another 2 count. Swagger rolls through and makes Kofi tap with the Patriot Lock.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Big E’s music hits and out he comes to the ring. Swagger leaves as Big E stares him down. We go to commercial.
Big E vs. Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal
Back from the break and 3MB is out for a 2 on 1 handicap match. Zeb and Swagger are on commentary. Big E starts out and sends Drew to the floor. He works over Mahal as Zeb takes the mic. Zeb is talking the entire time. Drew and Jinder beat Big E down now. Big E comes back and sends Drew out of the ring. Jinder takes a big shoulder tackle. Drew dropkicks Jinder on top of Big E for a 2 count. Zeb continues to rip Big E on the mic. Drew and Jinder hit a double suplex. Drew with a 2 count. More double teaming from Jinder and Drew. Big E fights back and sends Drew back to the floor. Clotheslines for Jinder. Big E with a big belly to belly on Jinder. Drew catches one also. Big E runs the ropes and splashes them both. Big E spears them both now. Big E throws Drew into Jinder and drops his straps. Jinder takes a Big Ending as does Drew. Big E covers Drew for the win.
Winner: Big E Langston
– After the match, Big E takes the mic and says he hopes Zeb has diapers because Zeb’s mouth won’t be the only thing full of crap after Sunday.
– We get another vignette with Lana and Alexander Rusev. She says he’s not here to make friends and will achieve great accolades. He will make history.
– Still to come, The Wyatts vs. Los Matadores and Sin Cara. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a Black History Month video for Ron Simmons.
– We get a promo for the Elimination Chamber match.
– Renee Young is backstage with John Cena. Cena talks about the Chamber and says we’ll find out what Cesaro is made of tonight.
Cesaro vs. John Cena
We go to the ring and out comes John Cena. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see footage from Cesaro vs. Orton on SmackDown. Cesaro is out next with Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger. The bell rings and they lock up. Cesaro with a quick roll up. They lock up again and trade holds and go to the mat.
More back and forth. Cesaro takes Cena down with a headlock. Cena overpowers Cesaro and slams him. Cena charges but Cesaro dumps him over the top and to the floor. Cesaro tosses Cena into the barrier. Cena comes back in and drops Cesaro’s neck over the top. Cena runs into a big dropkick and Cesaro cover for 2. Cesaro with another 2 count. Cena fights out of another headlock. Cena slides off his shoulders and drops Cena’s neck over the top rope now.
Cena with a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Cesaro whips Cena hard into the corner and he goes down. Cesaro kicks Cena out of the ring. We go to commercial with Cesaro in control.
Back from the break and Cena dumps Cesaro. Cena leaps but Cesaro catches him. Cesaro with a big fallaway slam into a pin for a 2 count. Cena fights back but Cesaro applies a sleeper. Cesaro ends up running over Cena with a big clothesline for 2. Cesaro with a headlock on the mat now. Cena comes back with shoulder tackles and the crowd boos. Cesaro counters the big slam for a 2 count. Cesaro goes for the Cesaro Swing but Cena turns it into a STF and the crowd boos. Cesaro counters it and hits a gutwrench slam for a 2 count. More back and forth. Cena with the big slam and the Five Knuckle Shuffle as fans boo. Cesaro slides out of an Attitude Adjustment and nails the big uppercut in mid-air. Cena kicks out at 2. Cesaro grabs Cena for a Cesaro Swing but Cena counters and turns it into a DDT for a 2 count. Cena goes to the top but Cesaro runs up and knocks Cena to the floor with a big uppercut.
Cesaro suplexes Cena from the apron, over the turnbuckles and nails a big superplex for a 2 count. Cesaro with another 2 count. Cesaro finally hits a Cesaro Swing on Cena and drops him for a close 2 count. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. Cesaro goes for the Neutralizer but Cena counters as the fans boo. Cesaro lands on his feet from the AA and runs over Cena. Cesaro runs again but Cena nails a big clothesline. Cena rolls over and stands up with Cesaro on his shoulders. Cena nails the AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, we go to replays as Cena taunts The Real Americans.
– Still to come, Sheamus vs. Orton in the main event. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a graphic for Abraham Lincoln and President’s Day.
– Randy Orton is backstage talking to Triple H. He appreciates everything Triple H and Stephanie has done for him. Orton’s going to prove his head is in the game this Sunday. Batista appears and says Orton isn’t the face of WWE, he’s the ass. Orton storms off. Alberto Del Rio walks up wearing a neck brace. He’s going to make Batista pay on Sunday. Del Rio says he’s going to break Batista’s arms and rip them off. Batista shoves Del Rio into a scissor lift. Triple H looks pissed off and Batista storms out.
– Renee Young is backstage and reveals Darren Young vs. Titus O’Neil for Elimination Chamber. Titus comes over and plays the heel role. Titus says Darren has been a roadblock in him becoming champion. Titus says he will drop that dead weight on Sunday.
Los Matadores and Sin Cara vs. The Wyatt Family
We go to commercial as Los Matadores and El Torito make their way out.
Back from the break and The Wyatt Family gets the win after dominating most of the match.
Winners: The Wyatt Family
Jey Uso vs. Billy Gunn
Back from the break and WWE Tag Team Champions The New Age Outlaws are out. Out next comes The Usos. Jimmy Uso and Road Dogg are on commentary. Back and forth to start the match. Jey sends Gunn out and Road Dogg runs to check on him. Gunn runs over Jey with a big clothesline and covers for a 2 count.
Gunn keeps control and has Uso grounded with a headlock. Uso ends up getting the win with a roll up.
Winner: Jey Uso
– After the match, Jimmy lays Road Dogg out with a kick. The Usos lay The Outlaws out at ringside.
– Byron Saxton is backstage with Sheamus. Sheamus talks about his aggressive side and says Orton will get to see that side tonight. Back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Randy Orton
It’s time for the main event as Randy Orton makes his way out first. Sheamus is out next. Orton points up at the WrestleMania sign and taunts Sheamus. They lock up and go to the corner. CM Punk chants start as Orton rolls to the floor for a breather.
Orton comes back in but Sheamus sends him right back out for another breather. Orton comes back in and strikes, taking Sheamus to the corner with an uppercut and a headbutt. Sheamus fights back with right hands and uppercuts of his own. Sheamus drops Orton and keeps up the attack in the corner. Sheamus with a suplex. Orton goes back to the floor for another breather.
Sheamus comes out and they brawl on the floor. Sheamus slams Orton’s face into the announcers table. They come back in and Sheamus drops knees on Orton’s head. Sheamus with another uppercut. Sheamus misses a Brogue and lands on the top rope. Orton takes control and sends Sheamus flying into the ring post. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton is in control but Sheamus fights out and sends him to the floor. They brawl on the floor again. Orton gets sent into the barrier. Orton turns it back around and brings it in the ring. Orton stomps away on Sheamus. Orton climbs up for a superplex but Sheamus knocks him to the mat. Sheamus nails a battering ram. Orton goes out for a monitor from the announce table but Sheamus follows. Orton sends Sheamus crashing through the announce table and a “holy shit” chant breaks out.
Sheamus makes it back in at the 9 count but Orton starts stomping. Orton with a big powerslam and another pin attempt. Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT but Sheamus dumps him to the apron. Sheamus with the big forearm shots to the chest now. Sheamus still can’t get the pin. Orton with the second rope draping DDT now. Sheamus blocks the RKO and hits the Irish Curse backbreaker, and another, and a third. Sheamus readies for a Brogue Kick but The Shield hits the ring and beats him down for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Sheamus
– After the match, the downbeat continues on Sheamus until John Cena and then Daniel Bryan make the save. Cesaro is out next to help fight off The Shield. Christian is also out. The lights go out and it’s The Wyatt Family. They come back on and it’s just The Shield and The Wyatt Family facing off. They start brawling and the rest of the Chamber participants join in. RAW goes off the air with everyone brawling in the ring.