10/31/11 Raw is Muppets Recap
LIVE FROM ATLANTA
Raw is Muppets edition
thank you for joining us, and feel free to comment below!
– The Rock opens the show on the Titan tron from earlier today. “Hell no,” says The Rock to John Cena. The Rock refuses to team with Cena at Survivor Series against Awesome Truth. The Rock says he doesn’t slap Cena’s hand, he wants to slap his face. However, The Rock says the people want him to team with Cena for one night only to face The Miz and R-Truth, because they both despise Miz and R-Truth. The Rock says Cena gets his wish, and all of the kid fans of Cena are sending him “Thank You Rocky” tweets on Twitter. The Rock says Cena will witness on the apron the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. The Rock and Cena team up at Survivor Series, never before, never again, if you smell what The Rock is cooking.
TONIGHT: John Cena vs The Miz in the main event.
– Here comes CM Punk to the ring.
(1) CM Punk vs. World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry in a non-title match. Stip: If Punks wins, he’ll face Alberto Del Rio for the WWE title at the Survivor Series. Before the match, we see Henry and Big Show break the ring at the Vengeance PPV. John Laurinaitis comes out before the match to announce the stipulation. During the match, Del Rio comes down to the ring with Roberto Rodriquez. He sends Rodriquez to attack Henry with a shoe, thus disqualifying CM Punk at 2:32.
Winner: Henry via DQ
After the match, Henry hits the worlds strongest slam on Rodriquez as Del Rio bailed. Thus, Punk does not earn a title shot at the Survivor Series.
TONIGHT – Michael Cole Challenge – Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole and The Muppets!
After a break, its Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog. Miss Piggy says she is the original diva. “Excuse me” says Vickie Guerrero, as she and Jack Swagger come out to intimidate the Muppets. Vickie says its bad enough they had to share the stage with Hugh Jackman, but tonight its the Muppets. Kermit made a joke about Vickie being Swagger’s mom. Vickie bumps Piggy, which brings out Santino Marella. Marella told Swagger to warm up, because tonight he faces Swagger as he just informed this by John Laryngitis. Swagger isn’t worried because Ziggler will be in his corner. Santino tells Ziggler faces Zack Ryder. Kelly Kelly, in costume, comes out and kisses Kermit and makes her way to the ring. We’ll have a divas Halloween battle royal next.
(2) Diva’s Halloween costume battle royal with the winner becoming #1 contender for Beth Phoenix’s divas title. Phoenix is at ringside providing commentary. Beth said Natalya will win the battle royal. Final four – Alicia Fox, Eve Torres, Natalya and Kelly Kelly. Eve Torres eliminated Natalya at 2:52 to become the #1 contender. Phoenix and Natalya look to team up on Eve, but Eve was supported by Kelly Kelly and Alicia, so the heels leave.
Backstage, a Muppets skit with Beaker. Christian interrupts, before being saved by Sheamus.
(3) WWE tag team champions Air Boom (Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston) vs. Intercontinental champion Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett. Fans start a “Cody sucks” chant. Barrett pinned Bourne via the waste land at 5:27. After the match, Christian goes after Kingston, which brought out Sheamus who kicks Rhodes, leaving him flat on his back.
Another Muppets skit with Statler and Waldorf
– Backstage with John Laurinaitis and Punk. Laurinaitis tells Punk he has his WWE championship match if Del Rio agrees to it.
Next on Raw, Del Rio vs. The Big Show.
– Brodius Clay is coming next week.
– No Richardo after he was slammed by Henry earlier.
(4) Non-title: WWE champion Alberto Del Rio vs. The Big Show. The match lasted through a commercial break. The Big Show scores a pin fall victory with a big fist (Cole thought it was a swat) at 13:48.
After the match, CM Punk makes his way to the ring. Punk enters the ring with a mic and a water bottle with Del Rio still on his back. Punk pours water on Del Rio to wake him up. Punk said he’ll put Del Rio in the Anaconda Vise until Del Rio gives him his title shot at the Survivor Series. Del Rio gives up.
Backstage, Fozzie and Gonzo run into Jack Swagger, Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler. Swagger wraps Gonzo’s arms around his head.
After a break, we see clips from the new Muppets movie.
Muppet Animal is bell ringer for…
(5) Jack Swagger (with Vickie Guerrero) vs. Santino Marella. During the match, Beaker gives Santino the Muppet energy drink, and Marella pinned Swagger at 2:33.
(6) Non-title: United States Champion Dolph Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero) vs. Zack Ryder. This match lasted through a commercial break, and when the action returned, Ziggler was in control of Ryder. At one point, it appeared Ryder pinned Ziggler, but Ziggler had his foot on the rope, so the match continued, but Ryder won with a rough ryder at 8:50.
– They recapped the Nash-Triple H angle from last week. Cole said Triple H has a fractured vertebrate, and will be out five more weeks. They pointed out that Laurinaitis has re-signed Kevin Nash, and confirmed he’ll be on Raw next week.
– Michael Cole said Jim Ross didn’t show up tonight because he had bowel troubles, and wondered if he’ll face him next week. Cole held up a diaper, and said it all ‘depends.’ Statler and Waldorf pointed out that nothing is worse than listening to Cole.
– In a backstage skit, Morrison set up Hornswoggle with Miss Piggy. Hornswoggle apparently had a Muppets tattoo on his ankle. Cody Rhodes put the brown paper bag on Kermit.
(7) John Cena vs. The Miz. During the match, someone in a costume tried to interfere. It doesn’t work, Cena beats The Miz at 8:58. The guy in the Scream mask climbs in the ring, but gets an AA. Cena takes off the mask to reveal R-Truth.