Detailed 9/5/11 Raw Supershow Recap
Thank you for joining us for our LIVE coverage of tonight’s Raw from Columbus, Ohio on this Labor Day.
– Show starts off with a recap of the Triple H-Hunter-CM Punk storyline, which has resulted in Triple H vs. Punk at WWE Night of Champions.
– Back live, out comes CM Punk. Punk declares that he is different, saying he is the best wrestler in the world — and backs it up in the ring. Punk said tonight is scheduled to face R-Truth, but he would prefer to face Kevin Nash. Punk said that Nash is the same, citing he has the same theme song (nWo) since 1996. Punk challenges Nash to come out and face him like a man. Cue to New World Order theme music. Nash came out to the entrance ramp and said that he does what we wants, when he wants. Nash said Hunter did Punk a favor by taking him out of the match at Night of Champions. Punk said the last time Nash was relevant was 1994, when he won the WWE title. Punk said in 1994, he wasn’t even legally able to drive. Triple H comes out. Nash tells Triple H to get rid of Punk. Triple H said he had received security footage from the Staple Center proving who sent the text message from his phone. It was – Kevin Nash himself. Nash tells Triple H the WWE isn’t big enough for himself and Punk. Triple H said he doesn’t like Punk, but he doesn’t lie to him, and is inclined to get rid of Nash. Nash wonders if this is about the push last week, and asks Hunter what he is gonna do about it. The Game answers by decking Nash, landing him on the mat. Triple H fires Nash, and walks away. Punk mocks Nash, and walks away as we go to commercial.
– The King plugs the Divas Strike Back article from WWE.com
– We see a recap of the Nash-Hunter angle from moments ago.
– Backstage, Kevin Nash and John Laurinaitis leave his Nash’s vehicle.
(1) Air Boom (Tag Team champions Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston) vs. Jinder Mahal and Great Khali. Khali wipped out Mahal on accident, leading to a shooting star press by Bourne for the pinfall victory at 3:13.
– Backstage, we see Richardo Rodriquez and WWE champion Alberto Del Rio arrive to the building together.
– Kelly Kelly came out to join the Raw announce booth.
(2) Eve Torres vs. Beth Phoenix (with Natalya) to earn a title match against Divas champion Kelly Kelly at Night of Champions. Natalya also joined the announce booth for commentary. Natalya agreed with the divas strike back article, that Natalya and Phoenix saved the WWE divas. Kelly Kelly and Natalya got into a verbal war of words of during the match. Phoenix won a two minute match to earn a title match. Kelly Kelly came over to help Eve, but she was nailed by Natalya.
– They plug CM Punk vs. R-Truth for tonight.
– They noted The Rock is up to 1,000,000 followers.
– Backstage, Drew McIntrye is talking to Christian. Alberto Del Rio comes in, expecting to see Christian with the world title. Del Rio said it was because of John Cena, costing Christian, otherwise they would both be world champs.
– We see a trailer for Hunter’s new movie.
– Backstage, we see The Miz join R-Truth as he gets ready for his match.
– R-Truth comes to the ring, cutting a promo on CM Punk. He asks how Punk is different? The Miz comes out in a flashy plaid suit. The Miz and Truth enter the ring. The Miz said they know there is a conspiracy in WWE. Miz said in two weeks, they would face Air Boom for the tag team titles at Ngiht of Champions. The Miz calls the name Air Boom stupid.
(3) R-Truth vs. CM Punk. On the outside, Miz cheap shooted Punk’s left knee, which Truth worked on in the ring. Later, Punk superplexed Truth, but still favored his knee. Flying lariat by Punk, but Punk was unable to hold up Truth for the GTS. Miz tried to interfere again, and got drop kicked by Punk. The referee ejects Miz from ring side. GTS by Puk for the victory at 9:43. Out comes, Triple H again. Punk tells Triple H he doesn’t buy the punch, and that they are still friends. Triple H said he has changed their match at Night of Champions to a no-DQ match, because he wants to hurt him. Hunter said he just might fire him after the match. Punk said he wants a stip, if he beats Hunter, he must resign as COO of the company. Hunter replies “Done.”
– Backstage, Wade Barrett talks to Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins. Alberto Del Rio comes in and tries to incentive Barrett to go after Cena.
– We see a promo for the WWE Network, coming in 2012.
– The King leaves the booth, for his match. We see a recap of Otunga yelling at Lawler at ringside.
– Lawler came out and cut a promo, and introduced his partner Zack Ryder, who got a long intro video.
(4) David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler and Zack Ryder. Ryder hits the rough ryder on Otunga for the victory at 2:06.
– Backstage, Del Rio talks to Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler said there is a rumor that Del Rio is afraid of John Cena. The Bellas come in and tells Del Rio they will see him later. Del Rio tells Ziggler that Vickie recruited Swagger so that he can fight for her.
– Backstage, we see Randy Orton, who wrestled in Paris last night.
(5) World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton vs. Heath Slater. Orton hits a DDT followed by an RKO to win a quick match at 2:54.
– Backstage, John Cena congratulates Zack Ryder and appears to be on his way to the ring to address the WWE universe.
– John Cena makes his way to the ring. They show the Del Rio angle from two weeks ago. Cena said that Del Rio keeps ducking him. Richardo Rodriquez comes out and introduces Alberto Del Rio, and comes out in a luxury car, as Cena had predicted. Del Rio said Mysterio isn’t going to be here for awhile because of him. Del Rio said he is just trying to give Cena a fighting chance. Christian, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, and Wade Barrett come out and jump Cena but John Morrison, Sheamus, and Alex Riley make the save. Teddy Long came out and said Triple H has given him the authority to make decisions and books an eight man tag elimination match.
(6) John Cena, Alex Riley, John Morrison and Sheamus vs. Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Jack Swagger in an eight man elimination tag team match. After a commercial break, the match is joined in the progress.
Order of elimination:
* Morrison by Swagger at 2:23 via tap out. After wards, Vickie make her way tot the ring.
* Riley by Swagger at 8:18 via tap out. Four on Two. Swagger appears to be trying to impress Vickie at ring side.
* Barrett by Sheamus at 11:50.
* Sheamus chased Christian outside the ring, with both men getting counted out at 13:00. Cena left vs. Swagger and Ziggler.
* Ziggler by Cena at 17:07 by pinfall.
* Swagger by Cena via STFU at 17:42 for the victory.
After the match, Del Rio takes an unsuccessful run at Cena as the show ends.