Real name: Rodney Anoai
Weight: 589 lbs.
Date of birth: October 2, 1966
Date of death: October 23, 2000
Pro debut: 1984
Trained by: the Wild Samoans
Finishing move: Bonzai Drop
– In the AWA, Anoai wrestled as Kokina Maximus, managed by Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie. In Japan, he used the Great Kokina gimmick.
– As part of the Hawaiian Beasts, Anoai captured a portion of the UWA (Universal Wrestling Association) World Trio title from Villanos I, IV and V on April 7, 1991.
– On June 26, 1992, Kokina and Samu beat Scott Norton and Killer Bee in Tokyo, Japan.
– During the fall of 1992, Vince McMahon brought Anoai to the World Wrestling Federation.
– At the 1992 Survivor Series, Yokozuna downed Virgil.
– Yokozuna won the 1993 Royal Rumble battle royal, thus earning himself a WWF title shot.
– At Wrestlemania IX in Las Vegas, NV, Yokozuna (managed by Mr. Fuji) defeated Bret Hart to briefly capture the WWF title.
– Yokozuna, now being managed by Fuji and Jim Cornette, Yokozuna defeated Hulk Hogan at the 1993 King of the Ring in Dayton, OH to regain the WWF title.
– At the 1994 Royal Rumble, Yokozuna defeated The Undertaker in a “casket match.”
– Yokozuna defeated Lex Luger at Wrestlemania X in New York, NY.
– With Fuji and Cornette in their corners, Yokozuna and Owen Hart defeated the Smokin’ Gunns at Wrestlemania XI in Hartford, CT to capture the WWF World Tag Team title.
– In late 1996, Yokozuna failed a physical by the New York State Athletic Commission, which revoked his wrestling license in just about every State. As a result, McMahon fired Anoai.
– On April 1, 2012, Yokozuna was inducted into the WWE hall of fame.
– Yokozuna was voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame on March 2, 2018.