Real name: Jeffrey Nero Hardy
Weight: 212 lbs.
Dates of birth: August 31, 1977
Hometown: Cameron, NC
Pro debut: 1993
Trained by: Dory Funk Jr.
Finishing move: Swanton Bomb
– Willow the Whisp (Jeff) defeated High Voltage (Matt) on March 25, 1995 in Robbins, NC for the NFWA title.
– On August 2, 1997, the Willow beat Jason Ahmdt (Abs) to become the first Omega (Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts) New Frontier champion.
– Willow the Whisp captured the NEW Junior title in September 1997.
– The Willow defeated Surge for the NDW Light Heavyweight title on February 28, 1998 in Burlington, NC.
– The Hardy Boyz captured the NWA 2000 tag team title on March 7, 1998 in Hope Mills, NC, defeating C.W. and Pat Anderson.
– On June 14, 1998, the Willow defeated Ikuto Hidaka in Iwate, Japan for the UWA Middleweight title.
– The Hardy Boyz defeated Mike Maverick and Kid Vicious on July 24, 1998 in Sanford, NC for the Omega Tag Team titles.
– In the summer of 1998, the Hardy’s were invited to the “Funkin’ Dojo” camp by the WWF, where they trained under wrestling legend Dory Funk, Jr.
– The Hardy Boyz upset Mens Teioh and Sho Funaki on their “Sunday Night Heat” debut on September 27, 1998.
– Former Freebird Michael P.S. Hayes became the Hardy Boyz manager.
– With Hayes in their corner, Matt and Jeff defeated the Acolytes on June 29, 1999, for the WWF World Tag Team titles in Fayetteville, NC.
– After leaving Hayes, Matt and Jeff joined Gangrel in the New Brood, which started the outstanding rivalry with Edge and Christian.
– At the 1999 King of the Ring, Matt and Jeff defeated Edge and Christian to earn a WWF World Tag Team title match.
– The Hardy’s interfered in the New Age Outlaws vs. Edge and Christian WWF World Tag Team title match at Unforgiven, allowing the Outlaws to retain the titles.
– Matt and Jeff won the Terri Invitational Tournament over Edge and Christian in a breathtaking ladder match at the 1999 No Mercy PPV. As a result, the Hardy Boyz won $100,000 and the managerial services of the seductive Terri.
– The next night on “Raw,” the Hardy’s, Edge, and Christian received a standing ovation from the Columbus, OH crowd.
– On December 15, 1999, the Hardy Boyz defeated Ricky Banderas and Ricky Santana in Puerto Rico for the IWA.
– Jeff defeated Al Snow in a steel cage match on the first “Raw” of the year 2000.
– On the January 10, 2000 episode of “Raw Is War,” the Hardy’s defeated Steve Blackman and the undefeated Kurt Angle.
– The Hardy’s defeated the Dudley Boyz at the 2000 Royal Rumble in a table’s match.
– Terri turned against the Hardy Boyz at the 2000 No Way Out PPV.
– Lita, who had recently left Essa Rios, became Matt and Jeff’s new manager.
– At Fully Loaded 2000, the Hardy Boyz and Lita defeated T & A (Test and Albert) and Trish Stratus in a six person tag match.
– The Hardy Boyz defeated Edge and Christian at Unforgiven ’00 in a cage match to regain the WWF World Tag Team titles.
– The next night on “Raw,” the Hardy Boyz successfully defended the WWF World Tag Team titles against Edge and Christian in a ladder match.
– After dropping the WWF World Tag Team title to Edge and Christian (dressed under the hoods of Los Conquistadors) at No Mercy, the Hardy Boyz regained the belts the next night on “Raw” dressed as Los Conquistadors.
– At Survivor Series 2000, the Hardy Boyz and Dudley Boyz defeated Edge, Christian, the Goodfather and Bull Buchanan in a Survivor Series elimination match. Jeff was the sole survivor.
– The Hardy Boyz captured the WWF World Tag Team title from the Dudley Boyz on the March 5, 2001 edition of “Raw” in Washington, D.C.
– At the April 10, 2001 “Smackdown” taping in Philadelphia, PA, Jeff beat Triple H for the Intercontinental title.
– At the June 5, 2001 “Smackdown” taping in Grand Forks, ND, Jeff pinned Jerry Lynn for the WWF Light Heavyweight title.
– Jeff successfully retained the WWF Light Heavyweight title at the 2001 King of the Ring, by defeating X-Pac.
– At the July 10, 2001 “Smackdown” tapings in Birmingham, AL, Jeff defeated Mike Awesome for the WWF Hardcore title.
– On the August 13, 2001 episode of “Raw” in Chicago, IL, Jeff interfered in a Rob Van Dam-Kurt Angle WWF Hardcore title match, and ended up the champion.
– Jeff and Matt defeated Booker T and Test on the October 8, 2001 edition of “Raw” in Indianapolis, IN for the WCW World Tag Team titles.
– The Hardy’s successfully defended the WCW World Tag Team title against the Hurricane and Lance Storm at No Mercy ’01.
– On the November 12, 2001 edition of “Raw” in Boston, IL, the Hardy Boyz defeated Booker T and Test for the WWF World Tag Team titles.
– At the Vengeance PPV in San Diego, Jeff defeated Matt. (Lita served as the special guest referee for the match).
– At Insurrextion ’02 in London, England, the Hardy Boyz defeated Brock Lesnar and Sean Stasiak.
– On the July 8, 2002 episode of “Raw” in Philadelphia, PA, Hardy defeated William Regal to capture the European title.
– At Vengeance ’02, Hardy successfully defended the European title against Regal.
– At Survivor Series ’02, Hardy, Bubba Ray and Spike Dudley defeated 3 Minute Warning and Rico in a table’s elimination match.
– Hardy and WWE officially parted ways on April 22, 2003.
– On July 19, 2003, Hardy won a three-way match over Joey Matthews and Krazy K in Elizabeth, NJ.
– On October 10, 2003 in Newark, CA, Hardy defeated Wild Storm at Big Time Wrestling’s (BTW) 7th Anniversary Show.
– During the summer of 2004, Hardy signed a TNA contract.
– Hardy, Randy Savage and AJ Styles defeated Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall at the Turning Point PPV.
– At Final Resolution, Hardy defeated Scott Hall.
– At Destination X, Hardy beat Abyss in a “falls count anywhere” match.
– Hardy defeated Raven in a “tables” match at the 2005 Lockdown PPV.
– In August 2006, Hardy resigned with WWE, and returned to “Raw” on August 21, 2006.
– On the October 2, 2006 edition of “Raw” in Topeka, KS, Hardy defeated Johnny Nitro to regain the Intercontinental title.
– At Cyber Sunday ’06, Hardy defeated Carlito to retain the Intercontinental title.
– After dropping the IC title to Nitro on “Raw,” Hardy regained the title at the November 13, 2006 Raw/ECW tapings in Manchester, England.
– At Survivor Series ’06, Team DX (DX, CM Punk, and the Hardy Boyz) defeated Randy Orton, Edge, Gregory Helms, Johnny Nitro and Mike Knox.
– At ECW’s December to Dismember, the Hardy Boyz defeated MNM.
– Hardy defeated Johnny Nitro at New Year’s Revolution ’07 in a steel cage match to retain the Intercontinental title.
– At the Royal Rumble ’07, the Hardy Boyz once against defeated MNM.
– At No Way Out ’07, Chris Benoit and the Hardy Boyz defeated MVP and MNM.
– The Hardy Boyz eliminated Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade in a tag team battle royal on the April 2, 2007 edition of “Raw” in Dayton, OH to capture the World Tag Team titles.
– At Backlash ’07, The Hardy Boyz defeated Murdoch and Cade to retain the World Tag Team titles.
– At Judgment Day ’07, The Hardy Boyz again defeated Murdoch and Cade to remain World Tag Team champions.
– At One Night Stand ’07, The Hardy Boyz defeated Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas to retain the World Tag Team titles in a “ladder” match.
– Following a 30-day suspension, Hardy returned to Raw and defeated Umaga to regain the IC title on September 2, 2007 in Columbus, OH.
– At Survivor Series ’07, Hardy and Triple H were the survivors in an elimination match (teaming with Rey Mysterio and Kane) against Umaga, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Finlay and Big Daddy V.
– Hardy defeated Carlito during the 15th anniversary Raw special on December 10, 2007, in a “ladder match,” to retain the IC championship.
– Hardy defeated Triple H in a #1 Contendership Match at Armageddon ’07 to earn a shot at the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble.
– Hardy was voted the 2007 GERWECK.NET Wrestler of the Year.
– Hardy was given a 60-day suspension as a result of a second violation of WWE’s wellness program on March 11, 2008.
– At Judgment Day ’08, Hardy defeated MVP.
– At One Night Stand ’08, Hardy defeated Umaga in a “falls count anywhere” match.
– As a result of Finlay and Hornswoggle defeating Carlito and Santino Marella on Raw, Hardy was drafted to the Smackdown roster on June 23, 2008.
– Hardy defeated Triple H and Edge at Armageddon ’08 in Buffalo, NY, to capture the WWE title.
– At Backlash ’09, Hardy beat his brother Matt in an “I Quit” match.
– At Extreme Rules ’09, Hardy defeated Edge in a ladder match to briefly win the World Heavyweight title. After the match, Hardy lost the title to CM Punk, who cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase.
– Hardy defeated CM Punk at the 2009 Night of Champions in Philadelphia, PA to capture the World Heavyweight title.
– After the Smackdown tapings on August 25, 2009, Hardy left WWE.
– Hardy returned to TNA on January 4, 2010 with Shannon Moore.
– At Bound for Glory in Daytona Beach, FL, Hardy defeated Mr. Anderson and Kurt Angle to capture the vacant TNA title.
– At TNA Against All Odds PPV on February 13, 2010, Hardy defeated Mr. Anderson to regain the TNA championship in Orlando, FL.
– Hardy defeated Jeff Jarrett at Turning Point ’11.
– At Final Resolution ’11, Hardy defeated Jeff Hardy in a steel cage match.
– At No Surrender ’12, Hardy defeated Samoa Joe and Bully Ray in separate matches to win the 2012 Bound for Glory series.
– At Bound for Glory ’12, Hardy defeated Austin Aries in Phoenix, AZ at Bound for Glory to capture the TNA title.
– At Turning Point ’12, Hardy defeated Austin Aries to retain the TNA World Title.
– At Final Resolution ’12, Hardy defeated Bobby Roode to retain the TNA World Title.
– At Genesis ’13, Hardy defeated Austin Aries & Bobby Roode in an Elimination Match to retain the TNA World Title.
– On January 18, 2013, Hardy defeated Christopher Daniels to retain the TNA World Title.
– At One Night Only: Ten Reunion, Hardy defeated Austin Aries.
– At One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2, Hardy & Brother Runt defeated Bully Ray & Devon in a Tables Match.
– At Slammiversary XI, Hardy, Magnus & Samoa Joe defeated Aces & Eights (Mr Anderson, Garett Bischoff & Wes Brisco).
– In November 2013, Hardy entered the TNA World Heavyweight Title Tournament. He defeated Chris Sabin & Bobby Roode to reach the final, where he lost to Magnus.
– At One Night Only: #OldSchool, Hardy defeated Abyss in a Monster’s Ball Match.
– In early 2014, Hardy debuted the Willow character in TNA.
– At Lockdown ’14, Team MVP (MVP, Willow, Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) defeated Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Jessie Godderz & Robbie E) in a Lethal Lockdown Match.
– At Sacrifice ’14, Willow & Kurt Angle defeated Ethan Carter III & Rockstar Spud.
– On the July 10 edition of Impact, Hardy ditched the Willow character at the behest of Kurt Angle.
– At Turning Point ’14, Hardy defeated MVP.
– At One Night Only: Rivals, Hardy defeated Magnus.
– On September 30, 2014, The Hardy Boyz were voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame.
– Hardy captained his team to victory at One Night Only: World Cup ’15
– On February 28, 2015, Hardy defeated Caprice Coleman, CW Anderson, Matt Hardy, Tommy Dreamer & Trevor Lee in an Elimination Match to win the vacant OMEGA Heavyweight Title
– On the April 17, 2015 edition of Impact Wrestling, The Hardys defeated Austin Aries & Bobby Roode, Ethan Carter III & Bram and The Beat Down Clan (Kenny King & Low Ki) in an Ultimate X Match to win the vacant TNA Tag Team Titles
– At Hardcore Justice ’15, The Hardys & Davey Richards defeated The Revolution (Abyss, Manik & Khoya)
– In May 2015, Hardy was sidelined with a broken leg suffered in a dirtbike accident
– Hardy returned to action in January 2016
– On the January 26, 2016 edition of Impact Wrestling, Hardy fought his brother Matt to a no-contest. Matt retained the TNA World Title
– At Slammiversary ’16, Jeff defeated Matt in a Full Metal Mayhem Match
– At One Night Only: World Cup ’16, Hardy led his eponymous team to victory, despite losing his singles match to Mike Bennett
– On June 14, 2016, Hardy defeated TNA King of the Mountain Champion Eli Drake by DQ
– On the July 5, 2016 edition of Impact Wrestling, Hardy was defeated by his brother in ‘The Final Deletion’, a match which has to be seen to be believed! As a result, Hardy lost the right to use his surname, becoming known simply as ‘Brother Nero’
– On August 11, 2016, Hardy joined his broken brother, fully embracing his new character
– A week later, The Hardy Boyz defeated Private Party (Marq Quen & Isiah Kassidy) to win the HOG Tag Team Titles
– At Bound For Glory ’16, Brother Nero & Matt Hardy defeated The Decay (Abyss & Crazzy Steve) to win the TNA Tag Team Titles
– In early 2017, Matt and Jeff Hardy departed from TNA
– On March 4, 2017, The Hardys defeated The Young Bucks in an impromptu match at ROH’s 2017 installment of the company’s Manhattan Mayhem show series to become the new ROH World Tag Team Champions
– At Wrestlemania 33, The Hardys return to WWE and defeated Cesaro & Sheamus, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows, and Enzo Amore & Big Cass to capture the WWE Raw Tag Team titles.
– At Payback ’17, The Hardys defeated Sheamus & Cesaro to retain the Raw Tag Team Titles
– Having sat out many months due to a shoulder injury, Jeff returned to Raw on the night after WrestleMania
– On April 16, 2018, Hardy defeated Jinder Mahal to win the WWE United States Title
– At The Greatest Royal Rumble, Hardy defeated Mahal to retain the WWE United States Title
– At Backlash ’18, Hardy defeated Randy Orton to retain the WWE United States Title
– On July 3, Hardy defeated The Miz to retain the WWE United States Title
– In February 2019, The Hardy Boyz began teaming again on Smackdown
– On the Smackdown following WrestleMania 35, The Hardy Boyz defeated The Usos (Jimmy & Jey) to win the Smackdown Tag Team Titles
– Hardy picked up a knee injury barely a month later and would be out for most of a year
– Hardy returned to action in March 2020, defeating King Corbin on Smackdown
– On August 21, 2020, Hardy defeated AJ Styles to win the WWE Intercontinental Title
– A week later, Hardy defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title