Real name: Jon Hugger
Weight: 245 lbs.
Date of birth: April 20, 1977
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Pro debut: 1999
Trained at: WCW Power Plant
Finishing move: Spinning DDT
Audio: Johnny “The Bull” Stamboli plugs GERWECK.NET
– Hugger made his WCW debut as Johnny The Bull in 1999.
– Johnny The Bull and Big Vito formed the tag team the Mamalukes, and eventually were managed by Tony Maranara.
– At Starrcade ’99 in Washington, D.C., the Mamalukes defeated the Disco Inferno and Lash LeRoux.
– In a strange twist of fate, when WCW released Maranara, the Disco Inferno became the new manager of the Mamalukes.
– At the Souled Out 2000 PPV, the Mamalukes, managed by the Disco Inferno, defeated the Harris brothers.
– On January 18, 2000, the Mamalukes (Johnny The Bull and Big Vito) defeated David Flair and Crowbar for the WCW World Tag Team title in Evansville, IN.
– The Mamalukes regained the WCW World Tag Team title from the Harris Brothers on February 13, 2000 in Leipzig, Germany.
– The following Sunday at Superbrawl, the Mamalukes successfully defended the Tag Team title against Flair and Crowbar.
– On June 6, 2000, in a bizarre move, Eric Bischoff awarded the WCW Hardcore title to both Johnny The Bull and Big Vito.
– During a Hardcore match against the legendary Terry Funk in July 2000, he tore his urethra, and missed two months of action.
– The WWF purchased Hugger’s contract upon purchasing rival WCW from AOL Time Warner in March 2001.
– The WWF eventually assigned Hugger to Les Thatcher’s Heartland Wrestling Association for training and development.
– On May 8, 2002, Johnny The Bull defeated Race Steele in Dayton, OH to capture the HWA Heavyweight title.
– On the June 30, 2002 edition of “Sunday Night Heat,” Hugger finally made his WWE television debut in a match against Tommy Dreamer. His ring name was changed to Johnny “The Bull” Stamboli.
– During a “Raw” match on July 15, 2002 between Bradshaw and Chris Nowinski, Stamboli brought a referee, and pinned Bradshaw to capture the WWE Hardcore title in East Rutherford, NJ.
– On July 20, 2002, Stamboli defeated Lance Cade in Batavia, OH to again capture the HWA title.
– In early 2003, Stamboli became a member of the F.B.I, along with Chuck Palumbo and Nunzio.
– At Judgment Day ’03, Stamboli, Palumbo, and John Cena defeated Brian “Spanky” Kendrick, Chris Benoit, and Rhyno.
– On November 4, 2004, WWE.COM announced that Stamboli had been released by the company.
– Hugger debuted in All Japan Pro Wrestling during the 2004 Real World Tag League tournament as the Great Muta under a mask.
– Stamboli, Ultimo Dragon, The Great Muta, and Marco Corleone (Mark Jindrak) defeated Brazo de Plata, Lizmark, Universo 2000, and Black Warrior on May 14, 2006 in Mexico City, Mexico.
– Stamboli arrived in TNA in November 2007 as Rellik.