Real name: Scott Carl Rechsteiner
Weight: 270 lbs.
Date of birth: July 29, 1962
From: Bay City, MI
Pro debut: 1986
Trained by: “The Original” Sheik
Finishing move: Steiner Recliner
– In 1986, Steiner made his pro debut against “Bulldog” Don Kent in Ohio.
– Scott Rechsteiner (Steiner) defeated the Great Wojo for the WWA (World Wrestling Association) title on August 14, 1986 in Dearborn, MI.
– On October 4, 1987, Rechsteiner and Dr. Jerry Graham Jr. defeated Chris Carter and Mohammad Saad for the WWA Tag Team title.
– Steiner left the WWA in favor of the Tennessee based CWA (Continental Wrestling Association) in 1988.
– On May 29, 1988, Steiner and Bill Travis defeated the Cuban Choir Boys for the CWA Tag Team title.
– In June 1988, Steiner won a Renegade Rampage Tournament earning him $250,000.
– Steiner and Travis won their second CWA Tag Team title on June 27, 1988, beating Gary Young and Don Bass in Memphis, TN.
– Steiner teamed with Jed Grundy to defeat Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden on February 18, 1989 for Steiner’s third CWA World Tag Team title.
– In April 1989, Steiner arrived in the NWA to assist his brother Rick in a feud with the Varsity Club.
– Rick and Scott Steiner beat Mike Rotunda and Kevin Sullivan in a “Texas Tornado” match when both Steiners pinned Sullivan at the 1989 Great American Bash.
– On November 1, 1989, the Steiners defeated the Freebirds (Hayes and Garvin) for the NWA World Tag Team title in Atlanta, GA.
– The Steiner brothers were voted Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s Tag Team of the year for 1990.
– On September 17, 1990, the Steiners captured the PWA Tag Team title in Atlanta, GA.
– On March 9, 1991, Rick and Scott defeated the Freebirds for the WCW World Tag Team title.
– The Steiners beat Sting and Lex Luger at the inaugural SuperBrawl in 1991 when Scott pinned Sting.
– Dick Slater and Dick Murdoch attacked the Steiner brothers at the Clash of the Champions XV, as a result, Scott’s left biceps tendon was torn from the bone.
– Steiner had surgery done on June 18, 1991 in Birmingham, AL by Dr. James Andrews to repair the torn biceps. As a result of Scott’s injury, the Steiners were stripped of the WCW World Tag Team title.
– On September 29, 1992, Steiner pinned Ricky Steamboat for the WCW World Television title. Little over a month later, Steiner vacated the title and departed with his brother for the WWF.
– The Steiners beat the Headshrinkers at Wrestlemania IX in Las Vegas, NV.
– On July 28, 1995, the Steiners made their ECW debuts.
– On March 11, 1996, the Steiners returned to WCW.
– The Steiners defeated Harlem Heat for the WCW World Tag Team title on July 24, 1996 in Cincinnati, OH. The brothers captured their fourth WCW Tag Team title in 1997, and their fifth in 1998.
– Steiner turned against his brother at SuperBrawl VIII and joined the New World Order.
– The Steiner vs. Steiner match at the 1998 Fall Brawl ended in a no contest.
– Steiner defeated Konnan on December 28, 1998, for the second Television title.
– At SuperBrawl IX, Steiner was declared the winner in his match with Diamond Dallas Page when DDP tapped out.
– On April 11, 1999, Steiner pinned Booker T in the finals of a tournament to crown a new United States champion at Spring Stampede.
– Steiner gave a phony retirement speech on the December 27, 1999 “Nitro,” but later re-joined the newly reformed NWO.
– Steiner won a one-night tournament to capture the vacant U.S. title at Spring Stampede 2000 in Chicago, IL.
– At Slamboree, he successfully defended the U.S. title against Captain Rection. During the match, Steiner lost a tooth.
– Steiner defeated Tank Abbott and his brother Rick in an Asylum Cage match to retain the U.S. title at the 2000 Great American Bash in Baltimore, MD.
– Steiner was suspended for unprofessional behavior prior to the June 27, 2000 “Thunder” taping in Lincoln, NE.
– At Bash at the Beach ’00, Steiner turned against Kevin Nash in his match with Goldberg for control of Scott Hall’s contract.
– On July 14, 2000, Steiner took a bride.
– On the August 21, 2000 edition of “Nitro,” Steiner suffered an orbital bone injury when Goldberg potatoed him during their brawl.
– At Fall Brawl 2000 in Buffalo, NY, Steiner defeated Goldberg in a No-DQ match.
– Steiner, with Midajah in his corner, used a his Steiner Recliner at Mayhem 2000 in a caged heat match to defeat Booker T to capture the WCW title in Milwaukee, WI.
– At Starrcade 2000, Steiner successfully defended the WCW title against Sid Vicious.
– At the Sin PPV, Steiner successfully defended the WCW title against Vicious (who was injured in the match), Jeff Jarrett, and the mystery man (Road Warrior Animal).
– The Steiner brothers reunited on the February 5, 2001 edition of “Nitro,” as Rick turned against Nash in a handicap WCW title match.
– At Superbrawl Revenge, Steiner successfully defended the WCW title against Nash, “ending” his career.
– Steiner again successfully defended the WCW title against DDP at Greed ’01 in Jacksonville, FL.
– Steiner spent most of 2001 at home, collecting checks from his AOL Time Warner contract following the purchase of WCW by the WWF.
– Steiner returned to the squared circle for the World Wrestling All-Stars group on December 1, 2001, in Birmingham, England.
– At the February 24, 2002 WWA PPV “Revolution” in Las Vegas, NV, Steiner defeated the Disco Inferno.
– Steiner defeated Nathan Jones at the April 13, 2002 WWA Eruption PPV taping in Melbourne, Australia to capture the WWA title.
– At New Japan’s 30th Anniversary show in Tokyo, the Steiner brothers defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kensuke Sasaki. Joanie Laurer served as the special guest referee.
– In October 2002, Steiner signed with World Wrestling Entertainment.
– Big Poppa Pump entered WWE at the 2002 Survivor Series in New York, NY.
– At Bad Blood ’03 in Houston, TX, Steiner defeated Test to win the managerial services of Stacy Keibler.
– At the 2003 Survivor Series, Team Bischoff (Steiner, Randy Orton, Christian, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry) defeated Team Austin (Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam, and the Dudley Boyz).
– Steiner made his TNA debut at Destination X ’06, joining Jarrett’s Army, and attacking Steve Borden (Sting).
– In January 2007, Steiner agreed to a new contract with TNA.
– At Hard Justice ’07, the Steiners defeated Team 3D.
– At Bound for Glory ’07, the Steiners defeated Team 3D in a “tables” match.
– Steiner defeated Petey Williams in a “Case vs. Case” Match at Against All Odds ’08.
– The Main Event Mafia (Steiner, Sting, Kevin Nash, and Booker T) defeated The TNA Frontline (AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Brother Ray and Brother Devon) at Final Resolution ’08.
– At Against All Odds ’09, Steiner defeated Petey Williams.
– At Victory Road ’09 in Orlando, FL, Booker T and Scott Steiner defeated Beer Money (Robert Roode and James Storm) to capture the TNA World Tag Team titles.
– At Hard Justice ’09, Steiner and Booker T defeated Team 3D to retain the TNA World Tag Team titles.
– Steiner defeated Bobby Lashley in a Falls Count Anywhere Match at Turning Point ’09.
– In February 2010, Steiner was released by TNA
– On April 24, 2010, Steiner defeated Ray Gonzalez to win the WWC Universal Title
– On November 6, 2010, Steiner defeated Brutus Beefcake to win the CWI Heavyweight Title
– In January 2011, Steiner returned to TNA
– At Against All Odds ’11, Steiner, Bobby Roode & James Storm defeated Immortal (Gunner, Murphy & Rob Terry)
– On May 14, 2011, Steiner defeated Kevin Nash to retain the CWI Heavyweight Title
– At AAA Sin Limite ’11, Steiner, Samoa Joe & LA Par-K defeated Dr Wagner Jr, Electroshock & El Zorro
– On September 23, 2011, Steiner defeated ECPW Champion Jeff Coleman by DQ
– On January 9, 2012, Steiner & Abyss defeated Bulldog Hart & Chavo Guerrero Jr to win the vacant RKK Tag Team Titles
– On January 21, 2012, Steiner & Abyss defeated The Mumbai Cats (Leopard & Puma) to retain the RKK Tag Team Titles
– In March 2012, Steiner was let go by TNA for a second time
– On May 25, 2013, Steiner fought NWA Lone Star Champion Jax Dane to a no-contest
– On May 31, 2013, The Steiner Brothers defeated Fight Club (Kid Fite & Liam Thomson) to win the PCW Tag Team Titles, but would lose them to Team Single (Rampage Brown & T-Bone) the next day
– On June 2, 2013, Steiner defeated Santos to win the DPW Title
– At House of Hardcore 2, The Steiner Brothers defeated Eddie Kingston & Homicide
– In June 2014, the Steiner brothers were voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame.
– On January 16, 2015, Steiner defeated Tyler Colton to win the CWE Television Title, but would lose it back to Colton two days later
– On October 17, 2015, The Steiner Brothers fought GCW Tag Team Champions The Beast Squad (Kyle The Beast & Monsta Mack) to a no-contest
– On February 26, 2016, Steiner defeated BTW Heavyweight Champion Flex Armstrong by DQ
– Steiner returned to Impact Wrestling for one night only at Slammiversary XV, teaming with Josh Mathews in a No-DQ loss to Abyss & Jeremy Borash
– On March 10, 2017, Steiner & Kyle Roberts defeated Brandon Espinosa & Steve Fender to win the WLW Tag Team Titles
– At Impact Redemption, Steiner teamed with Eli Drake and defeated The LAX (Ortiz & Santana) to win the Impact Tag Team Titles