Real name: Joe Seannoa
Weight: 280 lbs.
Date of birth: March 17, 1979
Hometown: Orange County, CA
Pro debut: December 1999
Trained by: Cincinnati Red & Johnny Hemp
Finishing move: Coquina Clutch
– Samoa Joe defeated Christopher Daniels on March 14, 2001 in Santa Ana, CA to capture the UPW (Ultimate Pro Wrestling) title.
– Samoa Joe successfully defended the UPW title against Tommy Dreamer on April 25, 2001.
– On March 22, 2003, Samoa Joe defeated Xavier in Philadelphia, PA to claim the Ring of Honor title.
– On June 14, 2005, Joe signed with TNA.
– At the TNA 2005 Slammiversary PPV, Samoa Joe defeated Sonjay Dutt in his TNA debut.
– At the 2005 No Surrender PPV, Samoa Joe defeated Chris Sabin.
– Samoa Joe defeated AJ Styles at the 2005 Sacrifice PPV to win the Super X Cup trophey.
– At TNA’s Bound for Glory PPV, Samoa Joe defeated Jushin “Thunder” Liger.
– Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley, and Roderick Strong defeated Austin Aries, Sonjay Dutt, Matt Bentley and Chris Sabin in an elimination match at Genesis ’05.
– At Turning Point ’05, Samoa Joe defeated AJ Styles to capture the X-division title in Orlando, FL.
– Samoa Joe defeated Christopher Daniels at the 2006 Final Resolution PPV when AJ Styles threw in the towel to stop the match.
– At Against All Odds ’06, Samoa Joe defeated Daniels and Styles in a three way match to retain the X division title.
– At the April 10, 2006 Impact taping in Orlando, FL, Samoa Joe defeated Daniels to regain the x division title.
– Samoa Joe defeated Sabu at the 2006 Lockdown PPV to retain the X-division title.
– At Sacrifice ’06, Samoa Joe and Sting defeated Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner.
– At Slammiversary ’06, Samoa Joe defeated Scott Steiner.
– Samoa Joe defeated Monty Brown and Rhino at Hard Justice ’06 in a “fall count anywhere” match.
– On September 3, 2006 in Ocala, FL, Samoa Joe defeatd Dory Funk Jr. in a “lumberjack” match.
– Samoa Joe defeated Jeff Jarrett at the 2006 No Surrender PPV in a “fans revenge (non-title)” match.
– At Bound for Glory ’06, Samoa Joe won the Monster’s Ball Match over Raven, Abyss and Brother Runt with Jake “The Snake” Roberts as the special guest enforcer.
– Samoa Joe forced Kurt Angle to tap out at Turning Point ’06 in the re-match from Genesis ’06.
– At Lockdown ’07, Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Sting, Rhino, Samoa Joe, and Jeff Jarrett) defeated Team Cage (Christian Cage, Scott Steiner, Abyss, Tomko, and AJ Styles) in a lethal lockdown cage match.
– Samoa Joe defeated AJ Styles at Sacrifice ’07.
– At the June 19, 2007 Impact tapings in Orlando, FL, Samoa Joe defeated Chris Sabin and Jay Lethal in a 3-way to win the X-division Title.
– At Bound for Glory ’07, Samoa Joe defeated Christian Cage. Matt Morgan served as the Special Guest Enforcer.
– Samoa Joe defeated Robert Roode at Genesis ’07.
– At Destination X ’08, Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash, and Christian Cage defeated The Angle Alliance (Kurt Angle, A.J. Styles and Tomko).
– Samoa Joe defeated Kurt Angle in a “cage” match at Lockdown ’08 in Lowell, MA to capture the TNA World Heavyweight title.
– At Sacrifice ’08, Joe defeated Scott Steiner and Kaz (subbing for Kurt Angle) to retain the TNA title.
– Samoa Joe defeated Robert Roode, Booker T, Christian Cage, and Rhino in a “King of the Mountain” match to retain the TNA title.
– At Hard Justice ’08, Samoa Joe defeated Booker T to retain the TNA title.
– At No Surrender ’08, Samoa Joe remained TNA champion by beating Kurt Angle and Christian Cage.
– At Lockdown ’09, Team Jarrett (Jarrett, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels) defeated Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, and Scott Steiner) in a lethal lockdown cage match.
– Samoa Joe defeated Kevin Nash at the 2009 Sacrifice PPV.
– At Victory Road ’09, Joe defeated Sting. Taz debuted as his secret adviser.
– At Hard Justice ’09, Joe (with Taz) defeated Homicide to win the X Division title.
– At Against All Odds ’12, Joe and Magnus defeated Crimson and Matt Morgan in Orlando, FL to capture the TNA Tag Team titles.
– On July 22, 2012, Magnus and Samoa Joe defeated Akitoshi Saito & Jun Akiyama in Tokyo, Japan to capture the GHC (Global Honored Crown) Tag Team championship.
– On the September 27, 2012 episode of Impact Wrestling, Joe defeated Mr. Anderson to win the vacant TNA Television Championship, making him TNA’s third Grand Slam Champion.
– On October 4, 2012, Joe defeated Rob Van Dam to retain the TNA Television Title.
– At Bound For Glory ’12, Joe defeated Magnus to retain the TNA Television Title.
– At Turning Point ’12, Joe defeated Magnus in a No-DQ Match to retain the TNA Television Title.
– At Joker’s Wild ’13, Samoe Joe & Christopher Daniels defeated Chavo Guerrero & Rob Van Dam, but lost out to James Storm in the final gauntlet
– At Lockdown ’13, Team TNA (Sting, Samoa Joe, James Storm, Magnus & Eric Young) defeated Aces & Eights (Devon, Mr Anderson, DOC, Knox & Garett Bischoff) in a Lethal Lockdown Match.
– At One Night Only: Tournament of Champions ’13, Joe defeated Jeff Hardy & Austin Aries to reach the final, but lost to Bobby Roode
– At Slammiversary XI, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe & Magnus defeated Aces & Eights (Mr Anderson, Garett Bischoff & Wes Brisco).
– At One Night Only: Hardcore Justice, Team Angle (Kurt Angle, James Storm, Samoa Joe & Abyss) defeated Team Roode (Bobby Roode, Magnus, Robbie E & Jessie Godderz) in a Lethal Lockdown Match.
– At One Night Only: Joker’s Wild 2, Joe & Bad Bones defeated Christopher Daniels & Robbie E, but lost out to Ethan Carter III in the final gauntlet.
– On June 26, 2014, Joe defeated Low Ki & Sanada to win the vacant TNA X-Division Title.
– On August 5, 2014, Joe defeated Low Ki to retain the TNA X-Division Title.
– At No Surrender ’14, Joe defeated Homicide to retain the TNA X-Division Title.
– At Turning Point ’14, Joe defeated Kenny King.
– On September 16, 2014, Joe defeated Austin Aries to retain the TNA X-Division Title.
– At Bound For Glory ’14, Joe defeated Kaz Hayashi & Low Ki to retain the TNA X-Division Title.
– In early 2015, Joe joined MVP’s Beat Down Clan stable
– In February 2015, Joe and TNA parted ways.
– Samoa Joe debuted in NXT in May 2015.
– At Takeover: Brooklyn, Joe defeated Baron Corbin
– At Takeover: Respect, Joe teamed with Finn Balor to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, defeating Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder and Baron Corbin & Rhyno
– In November 2015, Joe attacked Finn Balor to turn heel for the first time in his NXT run
– On April 21, 2016, at an NXT live event, Joe defeated Balor to win the NXT Title
– At Takeover: The End, Joe defeated Balor in a Cage Match to retain the NXT Title
– At Takeover: Toronto, Joe defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to regain the NXT Title
– Joe made his main roster debut on the January 30, 2017 episode of Raw, attacking (and unintentionally injuring) Seth Rollins
– At Fastlane ’17, Joe defeated Sami Zayn
– At Extreme Rules ’17, Joe defeated Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns in an Extreme Rules 5-Way Match
– At Survivor Series ’17, Team Raw (Kurt Angle, Triple H, Braun Strowman, Finn Balor & Samoa Joe) defeated Team Smackdown (Shane McMahon, Randy Orton, John Cena, Shinsuke Nakamura & Bobby Roode) in an Elimination Match
– In January 2018, Joe would suffer a foot injury that kept him out of action until the Raw following WrestleMania
– In the 2018 Superstar Shakeup, Joe moved to Smackdown
– At Summerslam ’18, Joe defeated WWE Champion AJ Styles by DQ
– On March 5, 2019, Joe defeated R-Truth, Rey Mysterio & Andrade to win the WWE United States Title
– At Fastlane ’19, Joe defeated R-Truth, Rey Mysterio & Andrade to retain the WWE United States Title
– At WrestleMania 35, Joe defeated Rey Mysterio in under a minute to retain the WWE United States Title
– In the 2019 Superstar Shakeup, Joe was drafted to Raw, taking the WWE United States Title with him
– On April 15, 2021, Samoa Joe was released by WWE
– In June, he was re-signed after Triple H was reportedly unhappy with his release and expressed immediate interest in his return
– Samoa Joe was released by WWE in January 2022