Real name: William Jason Reso
Weight: 215 lbs.
Date of birth: November 30, 1973
From: Toronto, Ontario
Pro debut: 1995
Trained by: Ron Hutchinson and Sweet Daddy Siki
Finishing move: The Killswitch
– Reso trained at Sully’s Gym in Toronto for about nine months.
– Reso made his professional debut against Zakk Wylde, a fellow trainee from Sully’s Gym. The two competed to a time limit draw.
– Christian Cage (Reso) and Sexton Hardcastle (Adam Copeland/Edge) formed a tag team called High Impact and later changed to the Suicide Blondz.
– In the summer of 1997, the duo wrestled in the Maritimes for Emile Dupre’s Atlantic Grand Prix promotion, and feuded with The Super Models, Rick Martel and The Jackyl (formerly Cyrus in ECW).
– In December 1997, the Suicide Blondz captured the ICW Streetfight Tag Team title.
– On July 18, 1998, Christian Cage defeated Glenn Osbourne in Newport, DE for the ECWA (East Coast Wrestling Association) title.
– Reso received a try out and signed a contract with the WWF in August 1998.
– On October 10, 1998, Christian Cage defeated Julio Sanchez for the ECWA title in Pottstown, PA. Christian held the title over a year before it was declared vacant due to his WWF commitments.
– Christian, with Gangrel in his corner, defeated TAKA Michinoku for the WWF Light Heavyweight title at the 1998 Judgment Day in Rosemont, IL.
– Edge and Christian formed the Brood with Gangrel. The Brood eventually joined the Undertaker’s Ministry of Darkness.
– The Brood defeated the JOB Squad at the 1998 Rock Bottom in Vancouver when Christian defeated Scorpio.
– After Edge and Christian left the Brood, Gangrel formed the New Brood with the Hardy Boyz.
– At the U.K. only pay-per-view Rebellion, Edge and Christian defeated the Holly’s and the Acolytes in a three-way dance.
– Edge and Christian defeated the Hardy Boyz at No Way Out 2000, earning them a WWF World Tag Team title shot.
– At Wrestlemania 2000 in Anaheim, CA, Edge and Christian defeated the Dudley Boyz and Hardy Boyz in a “ladder” match for the WWF World Tag Team title.
– Edge and Christian defeated X-Pac and the Road Dogg at Backlash ’00.
– At the King of the Ring in Boston, MA, Edge and Christian over came Too Cool, T & A (Test and Albert), and the Hardy Boyz in a four team elimination match to regain the WWF Tag Team title.
– At Summerslam 2000, Edge and Christian successfully defended the WWF Tag Team title against the Hardy Boyz and Dudley Boyz in a thrilling TLC (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs) match.
– On the September 4, 2000 episode of “Raw,” Edge and Christian defeated The Rock and The Undertaker to retain the WWF Tag Team title.
– At No Mercy in Albany, NY, Edge and Christian (under the hoods of Los Conquistadors) defeated the Hardy Boyz for the WWF Tag Team title.
– Edge and Christian captured the WWF Tag Team title at Armageddon. The Canadian duo won a four corners tag team championship match over RTC (Bull Buchanan and the Goodfather), the Road Dogg and K-Kwik, and the Dudley Boyz.
– One day after dropping the WWF Tag Team title to The Rock and The Undertaker on “Raw,” Edge and Christian regained the title at the Smackdown tapings on December 19, 2000 in Charlotte, NC. Kurt Angle served as the special guest referee.
– On the March 19, 2001 episode of “Raw,” Edge and Christian used outside interference from Rhyno to defeat the Hardy Boyz for the WWF Tag Team title.
– At Wrestlemania XVII in Houston, TX, Edge and Christian won TLC II over the Hardy Boyz and the Dudley Boyz for their seventh WWF World Tag Team title.
– Edge and Christian defeated Nova and Frankie Kazarian on April 25, 2001 at a UPW show in Santa Ana, CA.
– At Insurrextion in London, England, Edge and Christian won a four team elimination match over the Hardy Boyz, the Dudley Boyz, and X-Factor.
– On May 25, 2001, Christian married a German woman named Denise in the Sunshine State. Edge served as the best man.
– At Invasion, Edge and Christian defeated Lance Storm and Mike Awesome.
– On the September 3, 2001 episode of “Raw” in Toronto, Christian turned against Edge, attacking him with a chair.
– At Unforgiven ’01 in Pittsburgh, PA, Christian pinned Edge for the Intercontinental title.
– On the October 15, 2001 edition of “Raw,” Paul Heyman officially announced that Christian had joined the Alliance.
– At the “Smackdown” taping on October 30, 2001 in Cincinnati, OH, Christian defeated Bradshaw for the WWF European title.
– At the 2001 Survivor Series, Christian successfully defended the European title against Al Snow.
– Despite losing a match to DDP earlier on the card at Wrestlemania X-8 in Toronto, Christian came back later to knock out and cover Mighty Molly for the WWF Hardcore title.
– At Vengeance ’02 in Detroit, MI, Christian and Lance Storm defeated Hulk Hogan and Edge for the WWE World Tag Team title.
– At Summerslam ’02, Christian and Storm (now calling themselves the Un-Americans) defeated Booker T and Goldust to successfully defend the WWF World Tag Team title.
– On the October 14, 2002 episode of “Raw” in Montreal, Christian and Chris Jericho defeated The Hurricane and Kane to capture the WWE World Tag Team title.
– At No Mercy ’02, Christian and Jericho successfully defended the WWE World Tag Team belts against Booker T and Goldust.
– Christian won a battle royal at the 2003 Judgment Day PPV in Charlotte, NC to claim the vacate Intercontinental title.
– On August 10, 2003 in Des Moines, IA, Christian regained the IC title by defeating Booker T.
– At Unforgiven ’03, Christian successfully retained the IC title by defeating Jericho and Rob Van Dam.
– At the 2003 Survivor Series, Team Bischoff (Christian, Randy Orton, Scott Steiner, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry) defeated Team Austin (Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Van Dam, and the Dudley Boyz).
– Christian and Jericho defeated Trish Stratus and Lita at Armageddon 2003.
– On February 7, 2004 in Saitama, Japan, Christian defeated the Hurricane.
– At Wrestlemania XX in New York, NY, Christian defeated Jericho. After the match, Christian left with Trish Stratus.
– In 2004, Tyson Tomko became Christian’s “problem solver.”
– At the June 27, 2005 tapings in Anaheim, CA, Christian was drafted to the “Smackdown” brand.
– With his WWE contract expiring, Christian made his final appearance for the company at the 2005 Taboo Tuesday PPV.
– Reso debuted in TNA at the Genesis PPV and said he left WWE for TNA because he loved wrestling.
– At Turning Point ’05, Cage defeated Monty Brown.
– Cage and the returning Sting defeated Brown and Jeff Jarrett in the main event of the 2006 Final Resolution.
– At Against All Odds ’06 in Orlando, Cage pinned Jarrett to capture the NWA World Heavyweight title.
– At Destination X ’06, Cage pinned Monty Brown to retain the NWA title.
– Cage successfully defended the NWA title against Abyss at the 2006 Lockdown in a six sides of steel cage match.
– At Sacrifice ’06, Cage retained the NWA title against Abyss in a “full metal mayhem” match.
– At Hard Justice ’06, Cage turned against Sting, allowing Jarrett to defeat the former WCW champion to retain the NWA title.
– Cage defeated Rhino at No Surrender ’06.
– At Bound for Glory ’06, Cage defeated Rhino in an “8 Mile Streetfight” match.
– Cage defeated AJ Styles at Genesis ’06.
– At Final Resolution ’07 in Orlando, Cage defeated Sting and Abyss in a three way elimination match to capture the NWA title.
– At Against All Odds ’07, Cage defeated Kurt Angle to retain the NWA World title.
– Cage defeated Samoa Joe at Destination X ’07 to remain NWA World Heavyweight champion.
– Cage, Kevin Nash and Samoa Joe defeated The Angle Alliance (Kurt Angle, A.J. Styles and Tomko) at Destination X ’08.
– At Lockdown ’08, Team Cage (Christian, Kevin Nash, Sting, Rhino and Matt Morgan) defeated Team Tomko (Tomko, Team 3D, AJ Styles and James Storm) in a “Lethal Lockdown” match.
– At Hard Justice ’08, Cage and Rhino defeated Team 3D in a “New Jersey Street Fight.”
– Christian returned to WWE television on the February 9, 2009 ECW on Sci Fi.
– At Backlash ’09 in Providence, RI, Christian defeated Jack Swagger for the ECW championship.
– At Judgment Day ’09, Christian successfully defending the ECW title against Swagger.
– Christian defeated Tommy Dreamer at the 2009 Night of Champions in Philadelphia, PA to regain the ECW title.
– At Summerslam ’09, Christian defeated William Regal (with Vladimir Kozlov and Ezekial Jackson) in 8 seconds to retain the ECW championship.
– At Breaking Point ’09, Christian again defeated regal to remain ECW champion.
– At WWE’s TLC, Christian defeated Shelton Benjamin in a “ladder” match to retain the ECW title.
– Christian defeated Ezekial Jackson at the 2010 Royal Rumble to remain ECW champion.
– When ECW was dropped, Christian joined the Raw roster.
– Christian was drafted to Smackdown on April 26, 2010.
– At Extreme Rules ’11 in Tampa, FL, Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio in a “ladder” match to capture the vacated (by Edge) World Heavyweight title.
– At Money in the Bank ’11 in Chicago, IL, Christian defeated Randy Orton in a “no-DQ” match via disqualification for win the World Heavyweight championship.
– On April 1, 2012, Christian inducted Edge into the WWE hall of fame.
– After winning a battle royal, Christian defeated Cody Rhodes to win the Intercontinental title.
– At No Way Out ’12, Christian defeated Cody Rhodes to retain the IC title.
– On June 26, 2012, Christian & Santino Marella defeated David Otunga & Cody Rhodes to qualify for Money In The Bank
– In August 2012, Christian injured his shoulder and would be forced out of action for nearly a year
– On June 17, 2013, Christian returned from injury, defeating Bad News Barrett on Raw
– On January 28, 2014, Christian defeated Jack Swagger to qualify for the Elimination Chamber
– After suffering a concussion, Christian has primarily been used as a non-wrestling talent in recent months
– On November 30, 2014, Christian was voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame
– In mid May 2016, it became known that Reso had been released from his WWE talent contract
– In September 2017, Christian confirmed his retirement from active duties due to concussion related issues
– After competing in the 2021 Royal Rumble, Christian debuted for AEW on March 7, 2021