John Cena & Nikki Bella split up

Apr 15, 2018 - by Colin Vassallo

In somewhat of a surprising news, John Cena and Nikki Bella announced the end of their relationship yesterday six years after they started dating. The duo got engaged last year at WrestleMania 33 in the middle of the ring.

“While this decision was a difficult one, we continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another. We ask that you respect our privacy during this time in our lives,” a statement published read.

In a post on his Instagram account, Cena posted a meme with the words “Worst day ever” after the news was published online.
Cena was an integral part of the Total Bellas television show as well so it will be interesting to see how this breakup impacts the show moving forward.

The former 16-time world champion never wanted to re-marry and have kids but that changed over the past two years which led to Cena asking Nikki to marry her during a surprise segment at WrestleMania last year, a segment which only a few people were aware of despite the rumor going on for a while.

(Visited 1 times, 1,018 visits today)

1. Braun Strowman Guy says:

I wonder who would not dominate the womens division anymore now, if she’d start a comeback…

2. Tollefaan says:

Guess Nikki wasn’t happy with not being able to change Cena’s mind on having kids. Must have been hard watching Brie being so happy with hers. All the best to Nikki.

3. art123guy says:

Let’s be honest, she left him ’cause The Undertaker beat him at Wrestlemania in under 3 minutes. I mean, can ya blame her?

4. Tollefaan says:

Lost a lot of respect for you here, Braun Strowman Guy.

5. Danny Cause says:

This is a very sad scenario and made all the worse because they’re in the public eye. Part of me never truly believed they were right together when what they wanted from life were such opposites from each other.

Unlike U2, I hope they both find what they’re looking for.

6. The One says:

BS Guy is an idiot. I refuse to call him by his full screen name because I actually like the real Braun Strowman. So you’re pushing the old bull crap Triple H role on Cena now, where not only Cena would “hold people back”, but Nikki too now because she was with Cena? VINCE makes the final decisions, not Cena, not Nikki, not Triple H and not Stephanie. Grow up.

I never thought that Nikki & John were right for each other either. They wanted 2 very different personal lifestyles.

7. Danny Cause says:

Well said The One.

If you look back, Vince has always been very high on the Bella’s and they had great careers long before they were dating Cena and Bryan.

8. Disgruntled Jobber says:

Sad fact is that marriages in wrestling are a lot like marriages in music. Plenty of time on the road, away from each other, people grow apart, other events occur (I’m not trying to imply anything like that happened, mind you), it’s almost like they are doomed from the start and only the lucky few see their marriages last a long time.

9. Cena told her from day 1 (or very early on) that he didn’t want kids yet she still pestered him and pestered him about it. I think what probably ended the relationship was Cena being away from home even more due to his acting career being on the rise. They were probably okay when they were both at the WWE as they saw each other more but with Cena having a crazy schedule outside of WWE, he’s never gonna see her. I agree with The One, they did want 2 very different things in their lives.

10. dave says:

At least there’s no “she’s lost her meal ticket” and “she’s no longer relevant” comments here. She’s very successful on her own, as a Bella Twin and that will continue. Cena, the same.

Also, I started ignoring BS Guys comments weeks ago, not even sure if he’s trolling but some of his comments are abhorrent.

11. Captain Ass says:

OMG, BS Guy. I agree with The One’s comments about you. You’re a moron. I’ll add jerk in there too.

It’s easy to speculate on how things ended but unless you were there, nobody has any idea on what happened. Kyle, I think that your word “pestered” is a bit over the top. If you want to play that card, she also “pestered” him in to getting married, and low & behold, he proposed to her over a year ago and he said “I’ve been waiting so long to ask you this question”. Nobody held a gun to his head and demanded he propose to her, and if you know Cena, he’s a private guy, so you had to of known that he meant it and that it just wasn’t for a Wrestlemania moment. People can change their minds, and obviously they can only show so much of what happens on the Divas and Bella shows, but damn, people have a falling out all the time and it may have nothing to do with what you saw on TV. The bottom line is, it’s very sad for both of them because while they were very different in what they wanted, they also worked, in their own way.

I agree, Dave, it’s good that nobody has gone there about the meal ticket comment, because the twins were successful before they were even in WWE.

12. Ostego says:

She probably broke a house rule and he kicked her to the curb.