Joey Ryan responds to Jim Cornette

Aug 11, 2017 - by Steve Gerweck

(Visited 854 times, 1 visits today)

1. Motorhead says:

Wonderful! I know there’s a lot of people (like myself) who despise the spots the guys does but he’s making money and feeding his family. Until anyone of the critics (including myself) start covering his nut, so to speak, we all need to shut the hell up. Secondly, Joey Ryan is a first-class human being and a stand up guy. I’m not saying to cut the guy any slack, but some perspective would be nice.

2. Frank says:

That was the perfect response by Joey Ryan.

3. Taven Matthews says:

I like Corny and enjoy his podcast. He’s incredibly knowledgeable about the wrestling business and he is a great storyteller, HOWEVER, he needs to let his grudges against Russo, Omega, Ryan, Bucks, etc, go. He goes on and on about how Bret and Shawn can’t let the past go, yet he’s been talking about Vince Russo for 20 years, he talks about an Omega match that happened 5+ years ago, and that somehow has defined his career going forward, he can’t even admit that Omega has had a good match, it always comes back to the 9 year old girl match.

4. Alex burns says:

Omega is overrated he owes his praise to okada making him look good, decent wrestler but not great

5. Taven Matthews says:

For the record, I’m not a fan of Omega. I never said anything about his wrestling ability, some say he’s the “greatest wrestler alive”. Is he? I highly doubt it, but I can’t deny that he consistently has good to great matches regardless of who his opponent is.

It’s a double standard with Cornette, he’ll bury guys like Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Chuck Taylor and Joey Ryan for “embarrassing” the wrestling business, yet he has praised people like JBL (who has been linked to bullying and hazing for the past 20 years) and Sunny (who has been arrested dozens of times for drugs and alcohol).

6. Luke says:

@Taven Matthews
    It’s not a double standard, JBL and Sunny never did anything to embarrass the business, they only embarrassed themselves.

7. SaveUsDoubleJ says:

This is the only time I’ve ever totally and completely agreed with idiot Cornette…