12/6 WWE house show results from Florence, SC
1. Neville defeated Heath Slater. Neville received a good reaction from the crowd, which mostly consisted of children and families. He won with the Red Arrow in about five minutes.
2. Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan defeated Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow. Basically a squash match with the Wyatt’s winning after Braun Strowman beat Curtis Axel with his submission finisher.
3. Dolph Ziggler defeated Tyler Breeze (w/Summer Rae). To no one’s surprise I’m sure, this was definitely the match of the night. Ziggler came out to a huge reaction, while Breeze received a mostly positive reaction. Both guys really worked hard and there were a lot of near falls down the stretch. The finish came when Dolph super-kicked Breeze and followed up with the Zig Zag for the win.
4. The Prime Time Players defeated Los Matadores. The Prime Time Players got the win in a little over 5 minutes.
5. Bayley and Becky Lynch defeated Sasha Banks and Naomi. Team B.A.D. was out first and Sasha received mostly cheers. I’m a huge supporter of Sasha and wish they’d just go ahead and let her compete for the championship already. Becky Lynch made her entrance next and received a nice reaction. The place went completely nuts when Bayley made her entrance, probably the second biggest pop of the night so far behind Ziggler. Good action from both teams and there were even some “NXT” chants throughout the match. Becky made Naomi tap out with the Disarmer to get the win for her team.
6. Kane defeated Bray Wyatt. Both guys received good reactions from the crowd during their entrances. There was an idiotic “Husky Harris” chant early on also. This was the standard Kane vs Bray match we’ve seen a few times, with both guys hitting their signature spots. Kane won in about eight minutes with a chokeslam.
7. Ryback defeated Rusev (w/Lana). Lana is just a hot in person as she is on TV. She and Rusev cut a promo professing their love to one another and Lana began singing Rusev a song. This was thankfully interrupted by Ryback, who this crowd seemed to be really into. The “Feed Me More” chants were over huge and so were the standard “USA” chants. Both guys worked really hard and worked in some athletic moves to go along with their usual power moves. Ryback won after escaping the Accolade and landing Shellshocked in about ten minutes.
8. Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens via DQ in an Intercontinental Title Match. Owens received a mixed reaction similar to the one Sasha received earlier, although throughout the match he worked really hard to turn the crowd against him. Ambrose received the biggest reaction of the night and probably had the most merchandise and signs of any superstar (take the hint WWE). These guys had a solid match with plenty of near falls. At this point I doubt either guy is capable of having a bad match, especially against one another. Owens tried to leave a few times during the match and he eventually got himself disqualified by using a steel chair. After the match, Ambrose reversed a Pop-Up Powerbomb attempt onto the chair by Owens and hit him with Dirty Deeds to send the crowd home happy.
This was a really good show with a very receptive crowd which made for a great atmosphere. With so many guys out I have to commend WWE for putting on two good shows simultaneously on the same night. The biggest pops of the night were Ambrose, Bayley, and Ziggler, while the most heat went to Kevin Owens and Rusev/Lana.
credit: Jay Harrison and prowrestling.net