GRP #48: Vince Russo talks Dixie, Owen, Jarrett, Cornette, Hogan, Bischoff, and much more
In this special edition of the Gerweck Report podcast, Steve Gerweck and Frank Dee are joined by special guest, Vince Russo. Topics covered include:
– The attitude era
– The ECW and NWO influence
– Did Frank Dee call Russo a liar?
– How the Spike TV and TNA relationship started to disentagrate
– Impact going head to head with Raw on Monday night
– Dixie Carter’s management of TNA, and her many mistakes
– TNA’s biggest challenges
– Working with Hogan and Bischoff in TNA
– Spike TV’s ratings expections
– Why the Carter family has been unable to sell TNA
– Triple H and Stephanie McMahon gaining more influence in WWE
– WWE expanding Raw to a weekly three hour format
– Booking three hour Nitro shows
– Russo becoming an on air TV character
– Russo winning the WCW world title
– Bret Hart in WCW
– Could WCW have been saved when Russo arrived?
– Critism from Michael Hayes
– Did Vince McMahon filter Russo in WWF?
– McMahon purchasing WCW
– The WWE Network
– The Oklahoma character in WCW
– Russo’s regrets
– Russo’s break down in McMahon’s office
– Racial discrimination in WCW?
– The Back story of Booker T winning the WCW championship
– Why does he have heat with Jim Cornette?
– Would Russo ever return to WWE?
– How the creative process has changed over the years in WWE
– Russo on his relationship with Jeff Jarrett and the birth of Global Force Wrestling
– Who Russo holds responsible for losing his TNA job
– Why did Owen Hart revert back to the Blue Blazer?
– and more in this two hour plus exclusive!
Follow the Gerweck Report podcast at @GerweckReport
Follow Gerweck on Twitter at @gerweck
Follow Frank Dee on Twitter at @RealFrankDee
E-mail us at email@example.com
You can also listen to the Gerweck Report via iTunes on tunein, Stitcher and on Spreaker