Wrestling By The Numbers: Vickie Guerrero
Jun 29, 2014 - by staff
World Wrestling Entertainment has parted ways with legendary manager Vickie Guerrero who has decided to retire from the business. The 46-year-old El Paso Texas had spent 9-years with the WWE after first appearing on television in the middle of 2005. Guerrero was involved that year in a storyline with her real life husband Eddie during his rivalry with Rey Mysterio. After Eddie Guerrero’s untimely death in November of 2005, Vickie was brought back by the company in the middle of 2006 and turned heel becoming Chavo Guerrero’s manager. The duo were used in what many considered controversial storylines at the time in feuds involving both Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit.
From 2007-2009 as the on-screen love interest of Edge, Vickie Guerrero became one of the best talents in the company when it came to drawing massive heat from audiences. During this time she was also named the General Manager of Smackdown and excelled playing the heel authority figure role. Between 2009-2012 Guerrero returned to managing and again had successful runs with LayCool, Dolph Ziggler and later Jack Swagger. Over the last 2-years she had returned to the role of authority figure having been both the Raw Managing Supervisor and returning to Smackdown as General Manager. Guerrero’s final night with the WWE was on the June 16th episode of Raw and she has since revealed she’s leaving the business to start a new career in medical administration.
Below we look at the televised professional wrestling career of Vickie Guerrero by the numbers…
World Wrestling Entertainment:
* 2 Matches on WWE Pay-Per-View.
* 34 Matches Managed ( 8th Most All-Time ) on WWE Pay-Per-View. (First Event: 2006 No Mercy Last Event: 2012 T.L.C. Wrestlers Managed: Chavo Guerrero, Edge, Michelle McCool, Dolph Ziggler, Layla, Jack Swagger, Mark Henry, The Miz, Drew McIntyre & David Otunga)
* 2 Events As A Discussion Panelist on WWE Pay-Per-View.
* 13 Matches on WWE Raw.
* 1 Main Event Match on WWE Raw.
* 7 Matches on WWE Smackdown.
* 4 Main Event Matches ( 4th Most All-Time ) on WWE Smackdown. (First Main Event Match: May 16th 2008 With Edge, Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins Vs The Undertaker Last Main Event Match: February 25th 2011 With Drew McIntyre Vs Edge & Kelly Kelly)
* 1 Match on WWE NXT Wrestling.
* 1 Main Event Match on WWE NXT Wrestling.