Daniel Puder talks infamous incident on SmackDown involving Kurt Angle, Lesnar, MMA, and more
Recap of Daniel Puder on In Your Head Wrestling Radio, 06/18/2014
by Vic Schiavone
Hosts Jack E. Jones and One Inch Biceps welcomed Daniel Puder to IYH Wrestling Radio. Daniel is best known as the winner of the WWE’s $1,000,000 Tough Enough challenge.
Highlights included the following:
· Do you feel that the name “Million Dollar Tough Enough” was misleading?
“You know, the name wasn’t misleading, it was the actions upon some individuals that misled the people…If you tell somebody like myself (which I knew in the contract was the contract) but if you tell the general public that this is a big competition to get ratings and then you lie to the public because you offered that athlete, which was me, instead of a quarter million dollars a year four-year deal (actually guaranteed one year) you offer fifty thousand dollars for the second year, you’re basically backing out of your commitment to the fan base and the public. Personally, I knew what was going on, but if you want to lie to people that’s their decision.”
· Kurt Angle mentions every three or four years going back to the Olympics and possibly going to MMA/UFC. Do you think he will ever do these things and if he did do you think he would have a good shot?
“No, he wouldn’t have a good shot whatsoever. Number one he wouldn’t be able to pass a drug test, number two he’s an old man now, and number three I went to Dana (White) and we tried to put it together and Kurt chickened out. So at the end of the day, I’ve always said this, Kurt’s that guy that he’s the All-American. He drank his milk, ate his Wheaties, and married the girl next door, but the problem is was he married a girl and he lived next to a strip club and that’s how it works. He went down the tubes because he started doing other things and getting off-track with his life, and being a horrible role model for kids because he’s doing a bunch of drugs and trying to serve himself and his ego.”
Other topics discussed included:
· What were the details of the infamous incident on SmackDown involving Kurt Angle?
· How serious was Dana White about putting an MMA match together with Kurt Angle and himself?
· When he was in the 2005 Royal Rumble, did wrestlers go out of their way to be rough with him?
· After he left the WWE and went to MMA, how long did he stay there and why did he leave?
· What did he think of Brock Lesnar when he was fighting?
This interview is available for listening at
Please subscribe to the new IYH feed and iTunes !!!