Pro Wrestling Since 1997

Menu

WWE Reportedly Looking to Trim $20 Million from Their Budget, Entrances and More Being Cut



- It was reported earlier this week that WWE is looking to trim $20 million from their budget this year.

Apparently production will see a number of cuts in various places. For example, WWE has reportedly nixed Fandango’s curtain entrance and stopped using Bad News Barrett’s podium. It was said that the truck WWE used to transport those items and other items was taken off the road, saving around $250,000 per year.

Rant Sports noted that WWE is using similar stage sets for RAW, SmackDown and pay-per-views now and the ring ropes on all shows are all white now. Some pyro for wrestler entrances also may be cut back on.

Backstage News on Major WWE Changes, Issues Between Two Top Stars, More

Post Category: News

Tags:

2 Responses

  1. Officer Oidar says:

    Now those are smart budget cuts. Though it does really blow the mind how much those things really do save when you cut them.

    BNB should at least occasionally get a regular podium on the stage though so he can use his gavel. But the big rising mobile one, yeah that could be cut.

  2. truth says:

    vince needs to put smackdown live on tuesday’s, it would make for better story lines and more revenue.

Leave a Reply

Sponsors

Polls

Should Alberto Del Rio sign with TNA?

Loading ... Loading ...

2014 GERWECK.NET Year End Awards: Worst PPV of the year?

Vote View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Should "Mean" Gene Okerlund be inducted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame?

Loading ... Loading ...