Wrestling By The Numbers: Kazarian
Jun 4, 2014 - by staff
Wrestling By The Numbers: Franklin ‘Kazarian’ Gerdelman
TNA Wrestling has parted ways with former 5-Time TNA X Division Champion Franklin ‘Kazarian’ Gerdelman. The 36-year-old Palm Springs California native was one of TNA’s early X Division pioneers and had spent over 9-years with the organization. Gerdelman’s first stint with TNA was in the summer of 2003 where he feuded with Chris Sabin and Michael Shane over the TNA X Division Championship. During this time he made history with the duo competing in the company’s first ever Ultimate X Match. After a short hiatus he made his return to TNA in March of 2004 and remained with the company until January of 2005, again becoming a main figure in the X Division and also forming a tag-team with former rival Michael Shane.
TNA re-signed Gerdelman in July of 2006 and he has remained as a main stay with the organization over the last 8-years. Known as both Kazarian and Kaz he went on to be involved in groups including Serotonin and Fortune and also competed as Suicide from 2008-2010. Over the past 2-years he worked with Christopher Daniels as Bad Influence and they were former 2-Time TNA Tag-Team Champions. Gerdelman’s contract with TNA Wrestling officially expired on June 1st and the company decided not to make a new offer. Kazarian will still appear on upcoming TNA pay-per-view events including Global Impact, X-Travaganza and Victory Road.
Franklin Gerdelman is a 16-year veteran of the professional wrestling industry who debuted in 1998 after having been trained by Killer Kowalski, Jesse Hernandez, Bill Anderson and later by staff at Ultimate Pro Wrestling. He first gained exposure in the late 1990’s working for the Empire Wrestling Federation in a tag-team with Josh Galaxy which was known as Bad Influence. In the year 2000 he then joined Ultimate Pro Wrestling spending the next 4-years with the organization working alongside fellow competitors John Cena, Samoa Joe and others. He also worked for numerous Los Angeles based independent organizations and competed for company’s including Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, World Wrestling All-Stars, Pro Wrestling NOAH and Ring Of Honor. Gerdelman had a short 6-month stint with World Wrestling Entertainment in 2005 competing in the company’s Cruiserweight division. He had previously worked in February of 2000 for the WWE as an enhancement talent. Ring Of Honor Wrestling has come to terms with Gerdelman and he will be returning to the organization shortly.
Below we look at the televised professional wrestling career of Franklin ‘Kazarian’ Gerdelman by the numbers…
* 97 Matches ( 9th Most All-Time ) on TNA Pay-Per-View. (First Match: June 4th 2003 Weekly PPV With C.M. Punk & Matt Stryker Vs Johnny Swinger, Kid Romeo & Damian Dothart Last Match: 2014 Joker’s Wild With The Curry Man Vs Eric Young & Ethan Carter III)
* 9 Main Event Matches on TNA Pay-Per-View.
* 3 Matches Managed on TNA Pay-Per-View.
* 163 Matches ( 10th Most All-Time ) on TNA Impact Wrestling. (First Match: June 9th 2004 Vs A.J. Styles Last Match: May 15th 2014 Vs Crazzy Steve)
* 33 Main Event Matches on TNA Impact Wrestling.
* 23 Matches on TNA Xplosion.
* 14 Main Event Match on TNA Xplosion.
World Wrestling Entertainment:
* 4 Matches on WWE Velocity.
* 2 Matches on WWE Jakked.
* 1 Main Event Match on WWE Jakked.
Ring Of Honor Wrestling:
* 1 Match on ROH Home Video Releases.
World Wrestling All-Stars:
* 2 Matches on WWA Pay-Per-View.
Pro Wrestling ZERO-ONE:
* 4 Matches on ZERO-ONE Pay-Per-View.
* 2 Matches on ZERO-ONE Genesis.
* 1 Match on ZERO-ONE Shinjiro Otani 10th Anniversary.
* 1 Main Event Match on ZERO-ONE Shinjiro Otani 10th Anniversary.
* 1 Match on ZERO-ONE World 1 Junior.
* 1 Match on ZERO-ONE USA.
* 1 Main Event Match on ZERO-ONE USA.
* 1 Match on WRESTLE-1 On Gaora Tv.
Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion:
* 1 Match on AAA Sin Limite.
* 1 Main Event Match on AAA Sin Limite.
Ohio Valley Wrestling:
* 1 Match on Ohio Valley Wrestling Television.
National Wrestling Alliance Pro Wrestling:
* 1 Match on NWA: Pro.