Wrestling By The Numbers: Barri ‘Mason Ryan’ Griffiths
World Wrestling Entertainment has announced the release of former 1-Time FCW Champion Barry ‘Mason Ryan’ Griffiths. The 32-year-old Tremadog Wales United Kingdom native had spent the previous 4-years with the WWE after having been signed to a developmental contract in the summer of 2009. Griffiths was assigned to Florida Championship Wrestling where he spent a year feuding with the likes of Alex Riley, Johnny Curtis, Bo Rotundo and others. He made his WWE television debut in January of 2011 and initially received a huge push being aligned with C.M. Punk. After injuries caused him to miss significant time in both 2011 and 2012 he was assigned to NXT Wrestling in early 2013 where he spent the previous year and a half before the announcement of his release back on April 30th.
Barry Griffiths has spent the last 8-years in the professional wrestling industry since debuting back in 2006 after having been trained by Orig Williams and Brian Dixon. Prior to signing with the WWE he spent 2-years in England working for All Star Wrestling. Known as Mason Ryan while with the WWE he previously competed in the U.K. under names including Barry Griffiths and The Celtic Warrior. Before entering the squared circle Griffiths was a former world record holder in weightlifting and in 2009 was featured on the U.K. television series Gladiators where he was known as Goliath.
Below we look at the televised professional wrestling career of Barri ‘Mason Ryan’ Griffiths by the numbers…
World Wrestling Entertainment:
* 3 Matches on WWE Pay-Per-View.
* 1 Main Event Match on WWE Pay-Per-View.
* 12 Matches on WWE Raw.
* 2 Main Event Matches on WWE Raw.
* 2 Matches on WWE Smackdown.
* 9 Matches on WWE Superstars.
* 1 Main Event Match on WWE Superstars.
* 16 Matches on WWE NXT Wrestling.
* 2 Main Event Matches on WWE NXT Wrestling.
* 21 Matches on WWE FCW On Bright House Sports Network.
* 15 Main Event Matches on WWE FCW On Bright House Sports Network.