Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings – 5/2/14
– Thanks to Rob Mrowinski and and Matt Quick (@MattTheQuick) for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight’s tapings in Kansas City…
* SmackDown kicks off with a contract signing between Hornswoggle and El Torito
* Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger is next. Cesaro and Paul Heyman are on commentary. Swagger decks Cesaro with a sucker punch. RVD gets the win with a Five Star but Cesaro attacks him after the match.
* R-Truth comes out to a big pop to face Alexander Rusev. Rusev wins by disqualification when Xavier Woods interferes.
* Daniel Bryan comes out to a big pop and he’s still wearing the neck brace. He cuts a promo on Kane and their match at Extreme Rules. The pyro goes off and Kane appears on the big screen. They had a glitch and the first 10 or 15 seconds of his promo had no audio.
* The Wyatt Family vs. The Usos and Sheamus is up next. The crowd was said to have been 50/50 for each team. Bray Wyatt hits Sister Abigail on Jey Uso for the win. After the match, Bray, Sheamus, Erick Rowan and Jimmy Uso fight outside of the ring while Luke Harper beats on Jey in the ring. The Wyatts pose over Jey to end the match.
* Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow is up next. Sandow comes out dressed as Magneto again. Ziggler gets the win.
* Lilian Garcia informs us that Rusev wants a rematch against R-Truth so he gets it. It ends the same way, with Xavier Woods interfering and causing a DQ. The actual finish was different and this may have been a re-tape.
* Big E defeated Titus O’Neil by DQ when Titus wouldn’t break a 5 count. Big E took a nasty table bump during the match but looked to be ok. They had a crazy brawl after the DQ and Titus got beat up bad.
* Dean Ambrose defeated Ryback, Curtis Axel and Alberto Del Rio in a Fatal 4 Way to retain the United States Title. Ryback had the match won but Axel pulled him out of the ring. Axel went for the win but Ambrose pinned him. There’s a fight after the match. The Shield comes together and hits a triple powerbomb on Ryback to end SmackDown.