Vince McMahon says anyone can win the Royal Rumble

Tags: ,

1. matt says:

You would think they could use the Royal Rumble to propel a superstar to the next level similar to how winning MITB does. Since its over the top rope elimination, you don’t have to worry about your main event guys getting pinned for someone else to get over. Probably would’ve been more feasible before the titles were unified so an “already main event guy” could still have a title match at WM, but the Rumble would be a great way to elevate someone to the next level. I know it won’t happen like that cuz the top names have to headline WM but it wouldn’t be that far fetched that Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler could avoid being thrown over the tope rope & win. Just sayin.

2. dave says:

I laugh at the idea that “anyone” could step up and suck it up, perform their hearts out and win a match that is, oh… scripted.

Stranger things have happened, though…maybe someone we haven’t even considered is in line for a push.

3. James says:

I’ll believe that when Heath Slater wins it

4. Matt says:

Of course they can. Just like anyone can pin anyone for three seconds. There’s no such thing as credibility in wrestling. The whole concept needs to allow regardless of who’s bigger, stronger, smarter, crazier, more desperate, etc either party could still win. If it wasn’t that way, there would be no point in ever even having matches!

5. T says:

Vince winning the Rumble was a low point in Rumble history

6. leg lover j says:

Anyone that they want to win.

7. LOL says:

I been training saying my prayers eating my vitamins….I’m going for it, THANKS VINCE!

8. Ian says:

The “Anyone can win” went right out the window as soon as they started handing out a WM Title shot. Before that yes anyone could win, but since then you can eliminate over half the people from consideration right away.