1/18 WWE house show results from Hammond, IN
1. Kofi Kingston beat The Miz. Great opening match. Both played the fans back and fourth for cheers. Kofi won with Trouble in Paradise.
2. Bray Wyatt defeated Big Show. Wyatt came out and cut a promo about Daniel Bryan and how he’s weak for not being there and a coward offered an open challenge. Big Show accepted and came out to a big pop. Wyatt won with Sister Abigail.
3. Natalya beat AJ Lee (w/Tamina) in a non-title match. AJ said she spoke with Vickie Guerrero and didn’t have to defend her title. Natalya won after AJ knocked Tamina to the floor and got slammed for the Sharpshooter. Post match Natalya dedicated that match to Mae Young and they played a short video.
4. Tyler Breeze beat Justin Gabriel. A boring, slow match.
4. Big E Langston defeated Damien Sandow to retain the Intercontinental Title. A good match. A lot of offense for both guys. Big E won with the Big Ending.
5. Bad News Barrett beat Tyson Kidd. Barrett cut a promo about Hammond being slum-like (and he’s not lying). A quick match that Barrett won with the Bullhammer.
6. R-Truth beat Fandango in a fans’ choice match. The choices were dance off or match, and match won. It was fast paced a lot of offense.
7. C.M. Punk defeated The Shield in a handicap match. Match of the night by far. I must say Roman Reigns looks a lot smaller in person than he does on TV. The typical match we’ve seen from these four. Punk won with the GTS on Rollins.
Notes: There were more kids than adults so the faces were way over. For the advertised talent this show had compared to the show in Cincinnati it was a great show and a lot of fun. I’m surprised it was sold out (or 95 percent full) considering last I checked this morning there were over 500 tickets available. It was a small venue that holds about 4,500 people (75 percent were kids).
Tony Chimel for announcing that Daniel Bryan wouldn’t be there
Credit: Michael Leith & ProWrestling.net