Yearly rumor returns, Sting to WWE?

WWE has entered into discussions with wrestling icon Sting, who has yet to renew his TNA deal.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Tags: , ,

1. LOL says:

zzzzzzzzzzz

2. Kid Vicious says:

1998 called. It wants its rumour back.

3. Zafx says:

Kinda getting to be a now or never deal for both Sting and Taker isnt it? Dont get me wrong I love them both but at this point im not sure even I want to see theese two old guys lock it ip.

4. Pierre says:

Bored now. Every year this story is the same, word for word. It’s NEVER going to happen.

5. art123guy says:

If TNA couldn’t pay Styles, they shouldn’t be able to pay Sting.

6. Alex says:

I think this is the best time to do it.

WM 30.

Both one of a kind icons who are most certainly on their last year as competitors.

I know we have this every year, but just imagine… WWE managed to achieve a lot in the last 2 years (Batista, Lesnar, Bruno, Ultimate Warrior…).

It might be the actual time now. But I’ll say like most, it’s now or never. If it has to be done, it has to be this year.

Plus, who else would face Taker at this Mania? Cena? Bryan?

I’ll dream for the time being.

7. Stunning Steve says:

If it is ever going to hasppen, then this is the year. TNA has been refusing to pay the high salaries they were paying to several stars. I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided Sting wasn’t worth what they are paying him to work as little as he does. Sting will likely take the deal that gives him the most time off for the most money. The last few years the WWE has given contracts to guys like The Rock, Lesnar and RVD that only had them work select dates. This is the type of contract that Sting wants. I still don’t believe it until I see it, but this is the last and best chance for the WWE to bring Sting in for Wrestlemania.

8. Deathedge says:

@Alex

Taker himself suggested Bryan, according to some sources.

I do agree with the rest though. This may be WWE’s last chance to do this match. Even if it isn’t, WWE isn’t going to have many chances left.

Besides…ONE DAY Sting will sign with the WWE. May as well do it now.

9. Adam says:

I’m not 100% sure Sting’s contract even runs out before Wrestlemania but like everyone else has said, it’s now or never. It’s not like he’s getting any younger.

10. T says:

Step 1 – repeat same rumor for 10+ years

Step 2 – ????

Step 3 – Profit

11. John says:

These comments are the reason that the IWC is frowned upon. Now or never? How do you gather that? These guys are wrestling for money. If the paycheck is big enough, Sting would work Wrestlemania 10 years from now. He’s kept himself in good enough shape, anyway, unlike most.

12. James says:

On one hand, Sting would be a great choice to induct The Ultimate Warrior, as they were a tag team when they started out. On the other hand, he has been helping TNA put over newer, younger talent. He did great putting over Bobby Roode and Bully Ray, and now he’s helping out EC3 and Magnus.

13. Deathedge says:

@John

It’s now or never in regards to him wrestling Taker, aka the main dream match people want to see him in. As I said, I think he’ll eventually sign on no matter what, so he may as well go ahead. Even if he doesn’t though, and even if Taker’s retired for real, they can find someone else for him to feud with.

14. Jackson says:

If WM30 is Taker and Sting, I only want it to happen if Sting loses. Sting needs to job after all his anti WWE sentiment over the years.

15. Stunning Steve says:

@John

I don’t think anyone is saying now or never. My point was that now is the most likely time given the circumstances. I agree with Deathedge that he will work with WWE one day in some capacity. I do not, however, think Sting will be wrestling a match in 10 years. I would never say never, but it is highly unlikely. He would be 64 at that time and I just am not sure the WWE would put him in a high profile match.

16. Starman says:

The real question is, with the new Robocop movie coming out, will he be Sting’s tag team partner again?!?