Poll results: Should the New Age Outlaws be inducted into the GERWECK.NET hall of fame?

Should the New Age Outlaws be inducted into the GERWECK.NET hall of fame?

No (52%, 2,509 Votes)
Yes (48%, 2,272 Votes)

Total Voters: 4,781

The GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame is intended to include the elite members of the wrestling community that deserve to be inducted into a prestigious hall of fame without prejudice or politics. Areas of consideration for induction should include (but not be limited to) a wrestler’s drawing power, wrestling ability, impact or influences on the business, longevity, and passion/drive for the industry. Non-in ring performers (such as promoters, announcers, referees, etc.) should also be judged by a similar criterion, based on the highest standards for their areas. Remember, this is not a popularity contest. This hall of fame will only include the best of the best. Readers should e-mail halloffame@gerweck.net with names of candidates worthy of consideration. The name with the highest number of suggestions will be considered for voting the following month. Thus, twelve names will be considered per year, and the number of inductees for the year is totally up to the GERWECK.NET readers. If a subject doesn’t qualify for induction, he or she will remain off the consideration list for twelve months. If a subject receives 70% or higher, he or she will be inducted.

Tags: , , ,

1. Yall Don't know wraslin! says:

Well that makes so much sense. NOT! So I am guessing that means all of you will also correctly fail to induct Larry Z this month? If the NAO aren’t HOF worthy, no one in the entire history of pro wrestling is worthy of EVER being inducted either!

2. I agree ^^^ when I kept coming back to this site and seeing the results I was really surprised that so many people were voting no and you’re probably right about Zbyszko as majority of the voters were probably not alive when he was around or just haven’t heard about him.

3. Mattyman says:

Blown pportunity. The Dudleys were great, NAO was awesome and reallly made tag teams more a must see.

4. Shacoria J says:

Yeah Im disappointed they shouldve been in.

5. rebel says:

Well, I voted against them. Let me tell you why.

First, there is a huge difference between a true tag team and two guys teaming up. NAO were never a true tag team. How many great NAO matches can you recall?

Second, there are just three teams in the Gerweck HoF. Are you seriously suggesting that NAO are more worthy of induction than the Steiners, Tully and Arn, the Hart Foundation, the Midnight Express (x2), the Rock n’ Roll Express, Demolition, the Rockers, the Wild Samoans, the Minnesota Wrescking Crew, or the Freebirds?

Third, I believe that more and more fans are starting to view the Attitude Era as overrated, noticing that it gave way to the crap we have now.

Oh, and Larry Zbyszko is a definite yes. I’m still trying to figure out why the hell almost everyone misspells his name…

6. The Wordman says:

The NAO were only together as a team for about a year and a half, from mid 1998 to 2000. After WWE released them, they were reincarnated in TNA a few times with new names but did very little that was memorable or spectacular.

You really can’t consider a team Hall of Fame worthy if they were only a team (as the New Age Outlaws) for 18 months. If they were together as a team for a decade or more, like the Dudleys, that’s a different story. Then they’d be worthy of a Hall of Fame vote. But 18 months as a team? No dice.

7. LOL says:

BS OH YOU VOTERS DIDN’T KNOW? YO ASSES BETTER CALL SOMEONE!

8. Ian says:

@rebel…you couldnt be further from the truth. While I agree that the NAO started as two random guys teams they became one of the best TRUE tag teams of their time and of all time. I am one of the biggest supporters of tag teams being true tag teams ( having a name, a look, a theme). I would say it is even more impressive for two guys who WERE singles guys to become a REAL team and be known as a REAL team then it is to start off as a team.

And if you want to talk TRUE tag teams, technically Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard are NOT a TRUE tag team as Arn was teaming with Ole while Tully was a singles wrestler until Ole was ousted in the Horsemen.

As for the NAO deserving to be in there ahead of the teams listed no I dont believe they do, but those other should be in already.

NAO were entertaining and one of the best if not the best of their era.

As for the Attitude Era being overrated, I couldnt agree less. The attitude era was great and it just shows how great with the crap they have now for the most part. They have not been able to recreate it and they wont be able to relive the success with a PG rating.

9. Sal says:

Well that bull, NAO should have gone in look that they accomplished, and they where huge attitude era .

10. Jarron says:

The gerweck HoF is kind of a joke anyways. How can JBL get in but not HHH? And how can Owen Hart get inducted with a higher percentage than Bruno Sammartino and Randy Savage?

11. Bumbolee says:

I wouldn’t call the Gerweck HOF a joke, but you can tell a bunch of 10-14 yr olds vote on these things. I don’t get how anyone could vote NO for SCSA, Shawn Michaels, etc, etc for a HOF vote. To me, that just shows the kiddos are voting opposite just for fun.

Jarron – completely agree. I can’t see how HHH has not been voted in.

Rebel – I agree the NAO should not be in before the teams you listed, but that doesn’t mean they don’t belong. I’ll be a big ol mark for these guys as another team that should be there is the Von Erich’s, but I’m sure the little kiddies will vote no as they won’t even know who they are.

12. HHH is in the GERWECK.NET hall of fame

13. Bumbolee says:

Thanks Steve. That will teach me not to look first……

14. T says:

I voted no as they were an average tag team at best. Numerous other tag teams out there that are more deserving.

Other than a few catchphrases what did they do? If they were not a part of DX nobody would have cared.

15. xyu says:

The defining tag team of the Attitude Era. It is a farce they were not inducted.

16. Jarron says:

I apologize I misread that HHH was omitted.

17. Bumbolee says:

@Rebel – me being from Dallas I’m quite fond of the Von Erich’s.

Fritz (the dad) did as much for early wrestling as anyone and was the ultimate heal for many, many years.

As for the boys, the following is just my opinion….

David – Belongs in any HOF

Kevin – (the only surviving son) He was the high flyer of the boys and wrestled barefoot. Arguments could be made on both sides if he would be HOF worthy and both would be right.

Kerry – the most athletic and had a short stint in the WWF as the Texas Tornado. Held over 40 championships in his career. I don’t think as an individual wrestler he is HOF worthy. But any combination of these three brothers were as good as any tag team I have ever seen.

All three had classic single and tag team matches with Kabuki, Harley Race, Bruiser Brody, the Freebirds, and Rick Flair.

Mike and Chris both took their lives way too early.

18. Scott II says:

All these complaints about the Hall of Fame voting, maybe we should consider for certain circumstances if we have a select few that can also vote in those into the Hall of Fame. A suggestion if I may

19. Scott II says:

Also to add, I’ll be one that votes no for Zybszko. What the hell has he ever done?!? Only has a memorable feud with Bruno Sammartino, 2 reigns in a dying AWA, and a commentating career that was garbage at best (would have other words for it, but the post would then get axed). Zybszko without the feud with Sammartino would have been nothing more than some regional guy who might have been popular in an area, but nothing more than that.