9/28 WWE house show results from Dallas, TX
Sep 29, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
- Santino def. Fandango via Pinfall. The crowd was into Santino quite a bit. This was mostly a comedic opening style match, but the fans seemed to dig it. In the end, Santino picked up the win via the Cobra.
- Natalya def. Brie Bella via Submission. This started off as a Dance Contest as usual, but switched to a match when Bella attacked Natalya. In the end, Natalya picked up the submission victory via the Sharpshooter.
- Dean Ambrose def. Zack Ryder via Pinfall. Ambrose got the win in this one after hitting Ryder with a front-DDT to retain his WWE United States Championship.
- Big Show def. Antonio Cesaro via Pinfall. Show got the win via pinfall after hitting Cesaro with the Chokeslam. After the match, Brad Maddox came out and informed Big Show that he now has to face Jack Swagger.
- Big Show def. Jack Swagger via Knockout. Show went two-for-two in two straight matches, picking up the win over the other Real American tag-team member via the dreaded Knockout Punch. After this match, Maddox told Show that per orders of the WWE COO, Triple H, he must sit ringside during the Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton main event tonight, and could not interfere.
- Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns def. The Miz & Kofi Kingston and Brodus Clay & Tensai via Pinfall. This was not a typical three-team match with two guys in at one time, each team had a member in the match at all times, the same as a singles triple-threat match. In the end, The Shield members got the win and retained their WWE Tag-Team Championships.
- CM Punk def. Curtis Axel & Paul Heyman in a No-DQ Handicap Match. Great heat throughout this entire match. The crowd loved Punk in Dallas. In the end, Punk got the win over Axel via pinfall after hitting him with the GTS. Paul Heyman bolted up the ramp to avoid any punishment from Punk.
- Daniel Bryan def. Randy Orton via Pinfall. The crowd was explosive for Bryan’s entrance, as well as most of the match. As expected, there were a ridiculous amount of “Yes!” chants. In the end, Bryan pinned Orton after hitting him with his Running Knee finisher. After the match, The Shield came out and beat down Bryan. Miz and Kingston attempted to come out to make the save, but they got beat down as well. Finally, Big Show entered the ring and cleaned house of all the heels to send the fans home happy.