9/21 WWE house show results from Ft. Wayne, IN
Sep 22, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
By Chris McCormick
Chris McCormick here. My 10-year-old son (Josh) and I attended tonight’s WWE Live show at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum Expo Center.
1. Santino Marella b Damien Sandow with the Cobra in 7:00
2. Sami Zayn b Jack Swagger in 10:00 with a roll-through cradle countering the ankle lock. As big El Generico fans, we were going crazy for Sami, and so were some fans in the first few rows.
3. The Funkadactyls of Naomi & Cameron b AJ Lee & Layla when Naomi pinned AJ in 7:00. The fans voted for this to be contested as a wrestling match rather than a dance-off.
4. Rob Van Dam DQ Alberto Del Rio in 9:00 in a match for the World Heavyweight Title. Alberto used a belt shot for the disqualification. A fun post-match angle as RVD laid out Alberto with a Van Daminator, causing Sandow to hit the ring and hand over the MITB briefcase to the ref. Before the bell could ring, Van Dam hit a flying rider kick on Sandow and squashed both heels with a double-stack frog splash. RVD was very popular here and made an extensive victory lap around the entire ringside area.
5. Ryback b Zack Ryder in 10:00 with the Shellshock. A fun little match, much better than you’d think.
6. The Wyatt Family: Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan & Luke Harper b The Usos & Kofi Kingston in 13:00 when Wyatt pinned Kofi after Sister Abigail. A very long heat spot with Jey Uso, but the crowd was with him all the way. Big pops for a triple tope spot and the long-awaited hot tag to Kofi. The Wyatts’ ring entrance was really creepy and fun.
7. CM Punk b Curtis Axel in 16:00 with the Go To Sleep in a No DQ non-title match. The match had been announced as a title match earlier in the night, but the wheelchair-bound Paul Heyman told us that he had obtained an injunction from the 9th Circuit Court of New York to prevent Axel from defending his title with these stipulations. Another fun post-match as Punk was about to beat the cowering Heyman with a kendo stick. Ryback hit the ring only to get nailed in the gut with the stick. Axel cut Punk off with a low blow and they double-teamed him until Kofi ran down (with his music playing) for the save. Punk and Kofi also took lots of time around ringside and the ramp to greet the fans.