9/20 WWE house show results from Lexington, KY
Sep 21, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
- Zack Ryder defeated Damien Sandow via Pinfall. Good opener, crowd popped huge for Ryder. Sandow got a good bit of heat after playing up to the crowd a bit. A lot of fans seemed surprised that Ryder managed to gain the victory over Sandow.
- The Funkadactyls defeated AJ Lee and Layla via Pinfall. This was what it was, Divas tag-team action. Pretty much what you would expect. Cameron and Naomi managed to score the pin to secure the victory in this one.
- Sami Zayn defeated Jack Swagger via Pinfall. A pretty damn good match here from these two. A lot of “Ole’” chants for the former El Generico, who much like the opener, many seemed surprised to get the victory.
- The Wyatt Family defeated The Usos & Kofi Kingston via Pinfall. All three members of The Wyatt Family, Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper worked in this one, as it was a six-man tag match. The Wyatt Family was super over with the crowd, and their entrance is pretty cool in person.
- Rob Van Dam defeated Alberto Del Rio via Disqualification. Huge pop for Van Dam from the fans in attendance in Lexington. Del Rio was DQ’d so he lost, but retained his World Heavyweight Championship. Afterwards, Damien Sandow teased cashing in his Money In The Bank briefcase, but ultimately opted against it.
- Ryback defeated Santino Marella via Pinfall. This amounted to what was basically a squash match victory for Ryback. He dominated most of the offense and then picked up the pinfall.
- CM Punk defeated Curtis Axel via Pinfall in a Non-Title match. The WWE Intercontinental Championship was not on the line here, so no one was surprised to see Punk go over clean in this one. Definitely a really good match from these two, with fans popping super-loud for almost anything Punk did the entire match.
- Daniel Bryan defeated Randy Orton via Pinfall. Another really good match, and a great closing contest for what was a pretty damn good show. Along with Punk, Bryan probably received the loudest ovation of the evening. There were obviously a lot of “Yes!” and “No!” chants from the Kentucky fans during certain spots of the match. In the end, Bryan picked up the pinfall to defeat Orton and send the fans home happy.