AJ STYLES ASKS FANS WHERE THEY WANT HIM TO GO

(photo credit: Lee South/Impact Wrestling)

PWInsider.com is reporting that AJ Styles’ TNA contract is up next month and it is looking like the former champion will be moving to a new place. The site reports that while both parties are currently in negotiations to renew the contract, no deal is in place and with Styles requesting more money, TNA may have to opt to let him go considering the financial situation the company is currently in. On his Facebook page, Styles asked his fans where they want him to be, listing TNA, WWE, ROH, or Japan. “Lots of options. Tough decisions,” Styles wrote. The 36 year old has been employed by TNA since 2002 and even appeared on the first ever TNA show. He belt the NWA, TNA, tag team, and X-Division titles while in the company and is the first TNA triple crown and grand slam champion.

(thanks to Colin Vassallo)

Tags: , , ,

1. mrjoshdude says:

If he’s contemplating leaving TNA due to his pay being too low I doubt ROH could pay him what he wants, the biggest real rise in pay from TNA is WWE. So really it’s between those two.

2. Drew says:

I’d like to see him in WWE, even though he would probably get a bigger push in ROH or Japan.

3. ~J* says:

tna tNa TNA!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

4. Stunning Steve says:

@mrjoshdude: It all depends. If TNA really is lowballing him as some reports suggest, then it is possible he could make more in Japan. I do doubt ROH could pay him what he wants. If he went there I would feel he simply wanted out of TNA. Right now that doesn’t seem the case. My guess is Japan, TNA or possibly WWE if there is interest from them.

5. art123guy says:

Since he’s never been in WWE, I doubt they’d bring him into the main roster until they ‘WWE’ train him. At his age, I doubt that is anything he wants to do. TNA should at least try to match his current contract. I thought I read somewhere Sting and Hogan both have contracts coming up soon. If so, give AJ an extension until then, don’t resign either Sting or Hogan, then give AJ a raise.

Another reason he won’t go to WWE is because they already have an AJ so he’d have to change his name.

6. Alex says:

If it’s all about the money, WWE.

7. WhatIdo says:

I would love to see AJ on the platform that the WWE can provide. He would gain so much more exposure and he would mean so much more there. He could sign a four year contract, save his money from WWE to help prepare for a comfortable retirement, then work in ROH or Japan if he chooses to not resign till he calls it.

8. miko m says:

just go away

9. IWC Writer says:

If WWE is showing interest, he should go. TNA is a sinking ship.

10. Ian says:

If he does have to leave TNA I say ROH or Japan…I dont think they will jsut bring him to the main roster in WWe and it may take years…he isnt getting any older.

11. Asterik says:

If he wants more money, go to the big leagues, the WWE…it’s time for AJ Styles to shine. I would love to see him feud with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cena, Orton, and among others! So much possibilities!

12. ~J* says:

Braden Walker.

13. Jau says:

AJ doesn’t have an official facebook page :)

14. Zach says:

J said it best, I mean there was that one TNA guy who got a main event push for a quick minute, you know Ron Killings, no wait he was originally a WWE guy lol. Not just Braden Walker but Marcus Cor Von, Senshi, Lance Archer ring any bells? WWE is career suicide for AJ

15. Gazz says:

As art123guy said, if AJ went to WWE, unless he was a Triple H project, he’d very likely be kept in NXT until he’s deemed “WWE ready” which by the lengths of time some stars have been down there, AJ could potentially end up on the wrong side of 40 by the time he’s brought up to the main roster, by which time a lot of people would end up saying that he’s either passed his prime or too old for WWE, and before anyone says it, yes I realise that there are a few guys over 40 already on the roster, but they’ve been on the roster for 10+ years up to this point in time.

When I first heard that AJ’s TNA contract was coming up for renewal, my first thought was that if he doesn’t resign with TNA or WWE don’t take him on, we may very well have seen the last of AJ in mainstream wrestling (I say that as here in the UK we mainly only get WWE & TNA, unless its on DVD or stream).

16. King says:

Wow are you guys that stupid? AJ ALREADY KNOWS THE WWE STYLE!!!!!! He wouldn’t have to go to NXT he would only have to wait for creative to come up with something. Which from what I’ve heard WWE already has a lot of things AJ could do. So if he goes to WWE he won’t have to wait long to be on TV.

17. bill says:

yeah, i doubt AJ would go thru developmental. The dude’s a pro thru and thru. def deserves the spotlight of the WWE too, I hope he makes it

18. Really? says:

Any wrestler worth a damn already knows the WWE style. Move slowly for 80% of the match. Use punches as a constant time filler. Throw in some restholds. Have five moves you are allowed to do every match, and do them every match. If it’s a big pay per view main event, bust out one new move (new to your character, not a new move that’s never been done by anyone) for the commentators to make a huge deal of. Always lose to your opponent’s finisher unless you are a main eventer on PPV. If it’s the Wrestlemania main event or an Undertaker match, kick out of that same finisher that would usually put you away at least twice.

That’s about all you need to know, and some of that you only need to know if you’re going to be main eventing, which is doubtful for AJ Styles in WWE.

19. Mimura says:

totally think Styles should go WWE, he has made his mark in the wrestling industry outside the big show, there’s nothing wrong with settling for a bigger paycheck now. I can see him doing well, for the most part, as long as his ego is in check going in.
    TNA, deserves nothing and from the constant reports that has been arising I wish nothing but the worst for them, and nothing but the best for their workers if that is possible

20. ROB DAM VAN! SHIRT TYPO! says:

That is IF WWE wants a 36 year old small(er) flying talent…….He might be putting himself out of a job.

21. Tyler says:

About 5 years too late. He bet on his horse and it’s going straight to the glue factory. TNA wishes they could be WCW’s fart. Fold and die.

22. Meh says:

WWE, where he can be finally used correctly by a wrestling promotion, as a jobber to the stars. Muahahaha!

23. Meh says:

As if he would want to leave TNA. Styles would sooner retire than go the WWE.

24. Sarah White says:

Sorry don’t mean to be mean.But WWE doesn’t want AJ
    Styles.They are not interested. They want younger and better
    talent.So the way I see it my fave Aj Styles only has 5 options
    1.Resign with TNA,2.ROH,3.Japan,4.Or as Mike put it he can go
    away Or my fave can retire.