SMACKDOWN SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT
Aug 2, 2013 - by Steve Gerweck
Credit: Brandon H., Phillip Barnard & WrestlingInc.com
* Michael Cole and Alex Riley are out for commentary.
* Alberto Del Rio is out first. He says John Cena wasted his pick on Daniel Bryan because Cena is scared of him. Del Rio says he’s chosen Ricardo Rodriguez as his SummerSlam opponent. Out comes Vickie Guerrero. Vickie makes Rob Van Dam vs. Christian vs. Randy Orton with the winner facing Del Rio at SummerSlam for the World Heavyweight Title.
* Cody Rhodes defeated Jack Swagger with a quick roll-up. After the match, Josh Mathews interviewed Cody but Damien Sandow attacked from behind.
* Sin Cara vs. Big E Langston is up next. Cara went for a springboard but Big E caught him with his finisher for the win.
* CM Punk vs. Fandango is next. Punk gets the win by submission.
* AJ Lee defeated Kaitlyn with the Divas Title on the line. After the match, Layla turned on Kaitlyn and left with AJ.
* Booker T comes out and talks about it being Booker T Day in Houston.
* Christian defeated Rob Van Dam and Randy Orton to become the new #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title. Christian rolled Orton up for the win after Orton hit a RKO on RVD. SmackDown ends with Del Rio attacking Christian.