Daily Discussion: One year of three hour Raws

1000th-Raw

Today’s topic: One year ago today, Monday Night Raw became a weekly three hour show. There has been times when the show has been rumored to be returning to a two hour format, but the program continues as a three hour program. Your thoughts? Have you gotten comfortable with Raw being three hours weekly? Or should it return to a two-hour program?

Previous discussion – TNA’s announcing team

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags: , ,

1. Shane says:

It’s a little exhausting.

I know one thing for sure though, the person who made that banner deserves an A+. All the greats. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk and the legandary HEATH SLATER!

2. Adam says:

I think they’re figuring it out a bit more now; they need more matches that mean something and to use the extra hour to actually highlight the wrestlers and not introduce a ton of new storylines.

3. jimmypink says:

Two hours are better

4. Joan B. in S. C. says:

Have to agree with, @Shane. Without Heath Slater, we could have never made it a year with three hour RAWs.

When RAW was two hours at 9-11 EST, I could skip my lunch on Mondays and be home by 8:45 and could watch the entire show real time. Now when I get home, sometimes my husband has already started watching or he’s already reading something on Facebook and can’t wait to tell me about it.

The old me would have simply changed my work schedule on Mondays. Of course the old me would have been watching wrestling pre-mid 1990s. Guess I’m just getting older. Or wrestling is just getting worse.

5. Guled says:

before I didn’t like this decision, but now I’m getting used to it.

6. Paul says:

I’m good with the three hour Raws…Makes things like Bryan’s gauntlet last night a possibility…

7. Scott II says:

I’m cool with 3 hour Raws as well. Like Paul stated, what are the odds of Daniel Bryan’s gauntlet match being put on a 2 hour Raw? Pretty low. It does open up some things to do that a 2 hour show might not normally allow

8. Meh says:

I’m good with the three hour Raws but I would even happier if Raw went four hours weekly, NXT (available on TVs outside the US while being available on Hula in the US) became two hours weekly and WrestleMania became five hours.

9. MC Live says:

Sometimes it does seen to drag a bit, but all in all I like it. Gives more opportunity for more people to do more things. More is better, usually

10. Roscoe Jones says:

You guys are all nuts and probably have no lives. Three hours is too long. Two hours is too long. Ninety minutes would be just right. They’ve saturated the fan base and while they’re getting money for that third hour, it’s impossible to watch without a DVR and call yourself a productive member of society.

I think the reason so many people looked at it favorably is because creative is doing well and the angles are gaping up nicely for SummerSlam. Wait until October when there’s a dry spell. You’ll come to your senses and clamor for a more manageable timeframe again.

11. Takumi says:

I’m mostly inclined to still prefer 2-hour shows, but then last night sparked a bit of hope in me with the extra hour. Like people have said, if they actually make good use of the extra time to have longer, more meaningful matches, such as Daniel Bryan’s Gaunlet challenge, then I could end up liking the 3-hour format.

12. @Meh agree with everything apart from RAW going to 4 hours. Way too long. I’ve gotten used to the 3 hours but a majority of the time a lot of it is just filler. I would be happier if it went back to 2 hours and I’m sure everyone on the roster would be happier too.

13. Simba says:

Three-hour Raw is great, but the constant commercial breaks are f’n torturous.

14. T says:

Nitro at 3 hours was painful at times. Raw at 3 hours is awful. Seems like a lot of unneeded filler and if they were advancing/promoting mid card talent more I would be OK with that but they are not.

15. Nick says:

I dont I just recently started watching the 3 hr. Raws, Im in the Navy so I guess I get the time at 8 but its really not that bad. I mean come on Daniel Bryan wrestling for an HR straight, that was great stuff. With 3 hrs you can expect more surprises, I mean yeah they dont always happen but the thought that it might happen is there. I like 3 hours.