STING HEADED TO WWE?

TNA hall of famer Sting was honored by WWE on Raw last night as former World Champion with a video highlight package. Apparently, Sting has recently sent out feelers to WWE, and it appears the company is confident he might finally be working with them. According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, “there is something there.”

The time is certainly baffling with Sting recently announcing he is forming a New Main Event Mafia, and TNA starting their build for the Bound for Glory PPV this fall.

Tags: , , , ,

1. leg lover j says:

He was nwa and wcw champion that’s the only reason, sting is not comming to worst wrestling ever! Dream on!

2. mackdeezy says:

Probably in time for mania.

3. steve says:

BS

4. IndyMade says:

@ Leg Lover J: Worst wrestling ever?? Right. I’d rather watch Bryan, Punk, Rollins, Ambrose, Ziggler, Cesaro, Jericho, Christian, Kidd and Bourne tear it up every damn night. And considering Sting has said in multiple interviews in the past month that he wants to work Mania and vs Undertaker, I guess dreams come true :)

5. Nick A says:

Yeah, I think this is either him getting ready to jump or just them trying to convince him again.

The timing isn’t that odd. His contract with TNA, like his previous ones, probably ends right after BFG, allowing them to play out the Mafia versus Aces & Eights match and end his time there.

6. Max says:

They also had a video package for Hogan, does that mean he’s coming back too?

7. jim says:

Not happeNing

8. leg lover j says:

@IndyMade They do not care about Kidd or Bourne if they did they would bring back the cruiser or light heavyweight championships back.

9. Jau says:

LOL. I’ve seen this headline before in 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009.

10. N. Gaijin says:

I don’t think he’s necessarily going to come to WWE, but it is rather momentous, at least to me, for WWE to acknowledge Sting on the air like this. I can’t recall anytime they have done so before, so I did find myself a bit taken aback when the footage of his time as champion aired.

11. thomas says:

I’m calling it now, tna is going out of business by the end of next year and all the big names will end up picked up wwe thanks to hhh.

12. VicVenom says:

Have him come for ‘mania. Vs. Taker. Have Taker put Sting over ending the streak and they both walk out together and retire.

13. Con Cara says:

Wouldn’t mind seeing him go. I was interested in the new MEM, but now it’s just idiotic – their newest members are someone who was never in the main event, which is pretty much the entire point of the group, and someone who’s NOT EVEN A WRESTLER. So I wouldn’t mind if that went down the crapper now.

14. Scott II says:

Sting creates a stable… so that means he would be leaving shortly… yeah…

Lets say Hulk Hogan was sending out feelers as well, since he was honored in that video package too

15. ~J* says:

that was pretty cool seeing him on wwe tv acknowledged for his championship epic, at this point im use to him NEVER being a part of wwe.

16. The timing could potentially work out. Sting can close out his current storyline by year’s end and join WWE in plenty of time to build for Mania. However as everyone is saying this is a rumor that pops up once a year, so I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s been said Sting is very comfortable in TNA, making good money to just do TV and PPV, and not even always having to wrestle on those. He also trusts the TNA talent to make him look good in the ring. Don’t get me wrong Sting is actually amazing for a guy in his fifties, but the pressure would be huge going into a Wrestlemania. I have also read he has issues remembering spots.

Still the one major TV superstar that’s never gone to WWE, he may want to check off the final box on his massive list of accomplishments.

17. Ian says:

@Vic…why they hell would you ruin the streak by having Taker lose to Sting who would then go on to retire…that is a horrible idea.

18. Drew says:

Taker VS Sting at Mania? I’ve heard that Sting wanted this match to happen, but there is a 0% chance he would actually win the match.

19. VicVenom says:

@Ian …after all these years we EXPECT taker to win. I would rather have him send off a loser than win. Makes his character human, relatable. It would be a great send off for both wrestlers.

That’s how I would write it, but from what I understand Taker has almost total creative control of his character, so if something like this happens or he goes out a winner is totally up to him.

20. JLM3 says:

nothing more than a baseless rumor.. gerweck is better than this!!!!!!!

21. Tyler says:

It’s the only thing the WWE could do for me, nostalgia wise, to make me mark out like a Mofo. I’d be all about it, personally. Anything he would be doing in WWE would be better than anything in TNA he’d be doing. Why not?

22. VDT says:

The only TNA stars i want in the WWE are Kazaniels!

Even the likes Joe and AJ are prob 5 years to late to make an impact

Taker vs Sting would be a huge drop in the standard of match we expect in a streak match!