Report: Money worries for TNA

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that TNA has been cutting back on flying talent in for shows.  With the added cost of producing Impact tapings on the road and the lack of new revenue streams, there are signs the company is worrying more and more about cash flow.

Tags: ,

1. Kerry says:

Let Sting retire, get rid of Hogan, Bischoff & company, that’s money saved right there.

2. Gazz says:

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. If Dixie has offerered guaranteed contracts or sums of money to the likes of Hogan, Sting, Angle, and a few others, they need to be rescinded and the contracts terminated and/or have to sums re-evaulated. Whilst I have no doubt that guys like Kurt and Sting have invested enough money to be finacially secure for the rest of their days, I’m sure that if they were let go, theyd have no trouble finding spots on the indy scene if thats what they wished to do, at the same time, despite his financial/legal troubles, I’m sure Hogan wouldn’t have much, if any trouble finding work either on the indy scene, or landing a role or 2 in Hollywood.

On that note, whatever happened to that legends/merchandise agreement Hogan had with WWE that he signed on that reality show of his a few years back?

3. jim says:

First off let me say this. I’m a tna fan and enjoy watching it. Now…. they can’t compete with wwe…. they’re going to be back in the impact zone before u know it. Theyre paying a few guys wayyyyyy to much money… I’m not saying hogan tho because despite the fact I can’t stand how he is so involved on tv he has a huge following.

4. WhatIDo says:

sell sell sell

5. gerry says:

Get rid of hogan, there problem solved

6. Swayze says:

They added more cost without adding more revenue, of course they have to start cutting something.

7. Daniel says:

Yeah they see those guys as draws though so for them, the investment is probably good business in their opinion. As for Hogan’s legends contract, it’s still in play and I have a feeling he’ll be in the new “Become Immortal” branded WWE 2K14.

8. ~J* says:

time to reassess and restructure their business model aint working brah!!!!!!