Wrestling By The Numbers: Alfred ‘Al Green’ Dobalo
Jun 25, 2013 - by staff
Alfred Dobalo who is best remembered for his time competing in World Championship Wrestling as Al Green, Rage, The Dog and Blade has passed way. The 57-year-old Tampa Florida native had a 8-year active in-ring career that spanned from 1989-1995 and from 1998-2001 with occasionally in-ring appearances as recent as 2007. Dobalo was trained by Steve Keirn and made his professional debut as Al Green for NWA: Jim Crockett Promotions in June of 1989 on the weekly television show NWA: World Championship Wrestling. He spent two weeks with the organization before going to the Professional Wrestling Federation in Florida for 10-months of further in-ring experience.
Wrestling as Blade, he re-appeared in World Championship Wrestling in May of 1990 as one half of the tag-team The Master Blasters with partner Kevin Nash competing as Steel. The tag-team was short lived and Dobalo would leave WCW and join Florida Championship Wrestling forming a new tag-team known as The Bounty Hunters. After his original partner was injured he began teaming with Mark ‘The Terminator’ Laurinaitis in a tag-team that would become known as The Wrecking Crew.
Competing as Rage and Fury the duo would have modest success competing from 1992-1995 in WCW, All Japan Pro Wrestling and the Catch Wrestling Association. After being away from the business for a couple years Dobalo returned to professional wrestling in WCW in 1998 competing as Al Green. In 2000 his persona would change yet again as he became known as The Dog competing in a hardcore tag-team with Brian Knobbs managed by Fit Finlay. In January of 2001 Al Green competed in a couple matches for All-Star Wrestling before stepping away from the squared circle. Dobalo only made sporadic appearances in the business in the years following including appearing on the reality shows Hogan Knows Best and Brooke Knows Best. Alfred Dobalo passed away on June 14th.
Below we look at the professional wrestling career of Alfred ‘Al Green’ Dobalo by the numbers…
World Championship Wrestling / NWA: Jim Crockett Promotions:
* 2 Matches on WCW/JCP Pay-Per-View.
* 8 Matches on WCW Monday Nitro.
* 1 Match on WCW/JCP Clash Of The Champions.
* 4 Matches on WCW/JCP Power Hour.
* 1 Main Event Match on WCW/JCP Power Hour.
* 43 Matches on WCW/JCP Saturday Night.
* 4 Main Event Matches on WCW/JCP Saturday Night.
* 2 Matches on WCW/JCP World Championship Wrestling.
* 7 Matches on WCW/JCP Worldwide.
* 2 Main Event Matches on WCW/JCP Worldwide.
* 11 Matches on WCW Thunder.
All Japan Pro Wrestling:
* 7 Matches on AJPW Champion Carnival.
* 1 Match on AJPW Fan Appreciation Day.
* 2 Matches on AJPW Excite Series.
* 4 Matches on AJPW Summer Action Series.