Rob Van Dam on TNA not promoting him correctly

Video streaming by Ustream

Comments made by RVD on his Podcast:

“I read this yesterday on some story. It said, ‘With one 48-second video, WWE can make RVD mean more than he’s meant in the last several years.’ I think it’s true. The reason I think that’s true is because like over the last several years I’ve had so many people say, ‘RVD, you got to get back in the ring. What did you do, retire?”

“You know, and I’m always promoting, ‘No, no, Thursday nights on Spike every week.’ And I’ve done that for three years. I don’t know about you, but I get that all the time. All the time. And that’s the difference between this and this.”

credit: ProWrestling.net

Tags: , ,

1. Matt says:

It’s a pitfall of the industry right now. Everything is on it’s own well placed tier. Casuals are only to know the biggest tier and that is WWE, the more they get into wrestling the more companies they add to their regiment.

But no matter what the futherest people still have no clue what happens if it’s not in WWE.

Personally i like the current system very much but this does show one it’s downside. When you had promotions often fighting each other you had more press during it, but naturally when one wins, a whole bunch of people were out of jobs.

Now we have lots of people with jobs but with each promotion it only is going to be allowed so much exposure unless it takes over another tier but in reality, let’s face it. The current wrestling world tiers aren’t changing any time soon.

Sure some people may like the older way better, but even if So-and-so is less inclined to know What RVD did post-WWE, shouldn’t we be happy there are other promotions that can do things a little differently for us to discover and possibly enjoy?

I’m guessing a more major problem is that so many past fans want their old way back they aren’t finding any of them enjoyable at all. But then that’s more or less their own problem, since there’s plenty out there to enjoy these days. One apparently just has to not be too ignorant to see it.

2. Rory says:

I wish the Dudley Boyz, Kurt Angle, and Jeff Hardy came out of retirement too. And what ever happened to Ken Kennedy?

3. ~J* says:

they need to invest in marketing, with all the time shifts you barely ever see a tna commercial even on spike…dixie get on it woman!!!

4. jim says:

I Honestly Don’t think tv commercials are all that important anymore

5. Zach says:

@Rory as a TNA fan I can tell you it would be nice for the product if Kennedy and Hardy both went back to WWE, both are so f*cking boring

6. Zach says:

And for RVD well I’m a fan and always have been but he didn’t real mesh well with TNA he just seemed old and tired out, so best of luck to him in the WWE I’m sure they will book him to his full potential

7. art123guy says:

My guess he’ll be singing a different tune in 6 months.

8. What? says:

So by “correctly,” he meant “at all.”

9. Thatguybob says:

TNA cant really get their name out there that much because wrestling is in a decline.

Unlike previous booms i think the next one if it even happens will be small because of the restrictions on WWE. Unless TNA or RoH or some random Billionaire decides to make a promotion with scantely clad women, swearing and ecw/attitude like themes and storylines along with great production value and market it well and advertise well with big campaigns to get its name out there. Aswell as get huge stars that they actually make not Jeff Hardy as seen in WWE or Sabu as seen in ECW. New guys with something interesting to show.