Daily Discussion: Rob Van Dam

Today’s topic: With Mr. Monday Night Rob Van Dam returning to WWE, what is the best way to utilize his book this run?

Yesterday’s discussion – World Champions

Feel free to suggest a daily discussion topic at betweentheropes@hotmail.com

Tags: , ,

1. maxemrock says:

Have him do some mic work against some brash young heel like Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro.

2. RJ Ace says:

I’m not a big RVD fan personally. I thought he had some serious potential back in 2001-2002 but politics held him back. He got hot again in 2006 when he held the ECW and WWE titles but then he got busted with Sabu and got suspended. Anyway, I don’t think he’s a potential franchise player at this point but I do think he could have some fresh feuds with the top tier of WWE’s roster because there has been a lot of roster turnover since his las run.

RVD vs the straight edge heel version of CM Punk
    is money. Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, The Shield, Alberto Del Rio, and Curtis Axel are all potential feuds I’d like to see.

3. Justthoughtofthis says:

Lesnar Vs RVD Vs Punk

4. Pedro Sanchez says:

I’d like to see him lose to John Cena in his return match and than feud with Triple H for 9 months ala Brock Lesnar.

5. danny says:

Wwe knows how to bring out the best in their athletes. RVD going have to bring his best. In TNA I was thinking he should retire. His matches were stale. His promo’s were terrible, you couldn’t tell if he was face, heel or high.

6. Justthoughtofthis says:

Sarcasm much

7. MC Live says:

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and the Shield. No specific ideas needed right now, because all of those feuds are guaranteed money

8. Daniel says:

I posted this already but I’ll post it again. I love RVD in the ring and I love his gimmick/character. I don’t care what anybody say, I am glad he’s back and am looking forward to seeing him perform.

9. jim says:

I’d like to not see rvd at all. For yrs now its been a snore. He looks like he is going through the kotions in slow motion

10. N. Gaijin says:

Whatever he does, I hope that ultimately it leads to bringing younger stars to legitimate main event status. Like him or not and despite his botching of his only WWE Title reign, he has enough name recognition to elevate the status of a number of mid-card performers.

11. Terrible says:

Can I just add that this is quite possibly the worst designed website in the world? The content is all over the place, there are advertising links in the text, it’s an absolute shambles! Why waste your time!?

12. jake says:

This is what matters. Wwe has never used him right save for his initial 7-8 months as hardcore camp in 01 when he got ovations 2nd only to rock/austin. Rvd could have been their next big thing but they waited waaaay too long to pull the trigger and never let him be his own on mic. Rvd still can be a major factor. Even aging. Just if hes used right or becomes another christian or matt hardy. Jobbing for guys half as good.

13. king says:

Terrible go somewhere else then. No one is forcing you to be here, idiot. Anyways RVD is welcomed. With Kofi out it was needed to have a big spot guy for mitb. He will make the match enjoyable win or lose.

14. Geoff says:

“Terrible” is exaggerating a bit, i like the design but i feel the website after the renovation has gone a bit slower most times.

Back to the point, have a one-off RVD vs. CM PUNK, babyface vs. babyface. Then have RVD feud with Daniel Bryan.

15. Tk says:

All you guys are crazy. RVD brought guys up from when he was in WWE. He is the best sellers when it comes to buying into a move. He can do a lot for his age, that most of you can’t even do in your life time. What’s wrong with smoking weed? You guys are dummies for bashing the guy because if his personal choice.

Anyways, he brings more to the table than most of the guys in the locker room. He can do a storyline with Team Rhode Scholars, Fandango, Cm Punk, Dolph Ziggler, hell he can even do a story line with Curtis Axel, and get Paul Heyman involved with the relationship he and RVD has.

So much to do with RVD even with his short term contract.

16. Greg says:

The newest Old Heyman Guy

17. D says:

Whatever they do with him, how about some new moves? Yes, rolling thunder, frog splash are assume, but with his athletic talent and flexibility, something new would be nice. He can’t use the Vandaminator so some crazy submission hold or athletic move a la the Pele kick. Just sayin’.

18. Mike says:

His act has gotten stale

19. ~J* says:

frogsplash, flying kicks, rolling thunder, thumbs, smiles and botches…welcome back mr monday night!

20. ironFNmaiden says:

They call him Mr. Monday night because, just like Monday, it’s the same thing every week. I LOVED RVd as a child and as an adult (when I was 11 my cake was a scanned picture of RVD into frosting….I ate it…..was amazing), but in recent years I have grown bored of him.

He has become a greatest hits album where if you’ve seen him once you have seen everything.