Details on RVD’s new WWE contract

Rob Van Dam’s new WWE contract is a short-term agreement. The former WWE champion will not be on the road full-time, and instead will work a limited schedule while back with the company.

credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Tags: ,

1. Bobby says:

Didn’t follow him in TNA so don’t know what to expect. 42 years old is pretty old but the roster is almost completely different since he left full time in 2007. Would like to see him wrestle Punk, Bryan, Dolph, Shield, etc.

2. jim says:

No. He is just lazy boring smae old same old unexciting garbage. This was a bad job. Wwe doesn’t need him

3. Captain Ass says:

He has appeal to some fans and to ECW hardcore people. I am not a fan of his in either respect.

4. Doug says:

I don’t see how he made it past the wellness policy. He is a suspension waiting to happen.

5. Shogun Ninja San says:

Hernandez of TNA is so humble

6. Max says:

Think the whole wellness policy issue is the reason for the ‘short-term’ contract…

7. ~J* says:

he was boring in his last tna run so not thrilled about his return but hopefully heyman will somehow be involved with him again.

8. Shocky Muraco says:

I’m stoked to see RVD finally gone from TNA. RVD was a waste of money and TNA’s resources. While vets like Bully was reinventing himself and adding mileage to his career, Hardy and Angle still performing at a high standard, the likes of Roode, Aries, Gail, King, Mickie, Kaz, Daniels, Park evolve, RVD got out of shape, irrelevant and outdated. And the few times RVD got on the mic, he had nothing to offer, guys like Aries, Storm and Roode were talking circles around him. Everyone else had passed RVD by and he was only there to grab a pay check to fund his filthy cannabis binging. Good riddance to the lazy has been who did NOTHING for the TNA young talent. There’s no excuse for a wretch like RVD to rest on his overrated fluke of a career. If Bully Ray can lose weight and add another chapter to his career, then RVD had no excuse. I only hope the WWE put a clause in RVD’s contract stating that he had to stop being a pudgy fat ass and get himself back into shape.

9. gerry says:

The whole f’n show will now stand for the whole family show :-)

10. dave says:

Fans on here either despise TNA with a passion or wants to make self love in the middle of a TNA ring.

Back to OP, I think RVD could have a fun feud with Ambrose but I think he’ll come back and be managed by Heyman, possibly setting him up against Orton for the way he left initially.

11. Sinister says:

Agreed

12. Adurka Durk says:

My god you’re a cynical lot.

RVD is the definition of pro wrestling. If you have anything against him, I’d say its safe to say your heads up your ass.

13. Daniel says:

I don’t care what anyone says, I LOVE RVD and am glad he is back where he belongs.

14. Justthoughtofthis says:

He can still go. But he is not as sharp as he once was.

15. Matt says:

Agree Completely with Justthoughtofthis

And again he’s been pretty adament he doesn’t want to be on the road full time. Hell that’s pretty much why he went to TNA and left TNA in both places. A Short term deal where he’s around for some shows to work some matches is still a good deal.

Maybe that’s how they’ll use him for several years. Sign him to a short term contract to do a feud and then he disappears for a while. I see nothing wrong with this kind of deal.

16. nick says:

I for one am excited to see RVD come back. Still cant believe how some people are reacting to him coming back. I agree with Adurka he is the definition of pro wrestling. Honestly i would love to see a PUNK/RVD or PUNK/ORTON…Hell a RVD/BRYAN match would be awesome. RVD can still go, he will bring his A game back to the WWE. Unlike TNA where you look great with a C game.

17. nick says:

RVD not PUNK^

18. nick says:

to go off of what gerry said, I think the WWE is slowly stepping away from PG. I mean look at some of their matches, Dolph Ziggler getting his head kicked in by Del Rio or Orton still using the punt. This is certainly not PG material and does not in any way go towards the “family” audience. With RVD coming back I think this is just another step away from the PG era.